In response to why does GOD want me to suffer to be poor to not have a job or a mate

israelphoenix

Apr 14, 2020
Atlanta
✟7,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I was pondering a post on here from 2011 in which the writer wanted to know why GOD had allowed him to suffer, not have a job, a mate, or a decent life. He did say that he had a place to stay and provisions but that was about it. He also stated he looked at things he should not. He had repeatedly tried to obtain a job and just could not get a job.
I perused the responses which were all fairly typical of rote replies which really did not address his situation. Bible quotes were common that were taken out of context or just did not apply to his situation. The main topic they did not address was that this man did not have and could not obtain a job. It is extremely difficult to date or move around without an income.
Many people may not realize it, but two of the 9/11 terrorists became terrorists because, although highly educated, after college, they could not find a job. The Palestinians are constantly at war because they have no jobs. How stressful not to have an income or money for basic things.
I believe this is further brought home during this virus outbreak with millions of people out of work. GOD said the Church would not last forever. It would end and destruction would begin.
If the above mentioned man had been in a previous century, he would have sounded like Anthony the monk or one of the early Church Fathers, living in poverty and looking for the answers of GOD's machinations.
Spiritually speaking, the man's vice of looking at things he should not would have to be addressed in order for him to get right with GOD. That is not an option. Also, some people, GOD keeps alone or single in order that they may do HIS work. The early desert Christians male and female, lived in self made mud huts in the deserts of Egypt. They would cut out little cross shaped holes in the rounded roof. During the day, these cross shapes would shine into the inner darkness as they prayed and contemplated GOD's word. They lived a solitary existence. Some would gather on the Sabbath for a church service during which they would weave palm frond mats or shoes as they listened to the sermon.
I believe this virus is a warning that the endtime is here. Christian preppers have been calling the alarm for some time. What is more concerning is the low level of preparation the average person has for survival.
My mother left an abusive relationship and worked four low paying jobs, jobs I am sure she hated, to raise six kids by herself. I have seen her so fatigued that she fell asleep standing up against the wall. She often fell asleep driving home and GOD's angels would wake her up.
We need to understand the difficult life of people in the time of Jesus. Their life would have been a subsistence existence. Hand to mouth, working long hours for little reward.
We have lost the knowledge of farming and gardening.
But back to the man who wanted to know why GOD hated him. He also stated that GOD made the evil and GOD made the good. That GOD was being evil towards him. GOD himself is not evil but will allow evil to come against a person to strengthen them and to make them more aware. However, GOD's ultimate goal is the good of the person. Many people state that to live in this world is to suffer and that our Father wishes it. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is never GOD's will that we suffer. GOD is good. Evil is like fertilizer on the garden of goodness and loving kindness.
Here I will depart from the common church preaching that it is a free will choice to serve GOD. GOD said that HE would show favor to those who HE favored and those that served HIM. The others live in the world and are out of the protection of Heaven. If you understand this then the theodicy argument is dead. Why does GOD allow evil if HE is a loving GOD? HE does not in HIS kingdom except to propagate the good.
Perhaps our Father is preparing this man for the end times where only a remnant will remain. Don't think it can happen? Imagine if this virus were in an earlier time without modern medicines and world wide news to tell people to self isolate. New York is losing 800 people per day. Mass graves are being dug to bury the dead. An interesting read is Leviticus Chapter 13 where the person with the plague is to show themself to the High Priest. The priest observes their condition and then quarantines them for seven days. The priest then again observes them and if still sick, they are quarantined another seven days.This goes on for about four times. The priest shuts them up, alone, in a room. They are to wear a covering over their lips. Their covering and clothing is to be burned if the plague or leprosy cannot be washed out. So we have self isolation or priestly commanded isolation, face masks, and disinfecting of clothing thousands of years ago.
Many people would do well to buy some land or make a down payment on it with their stimulus money. Even if this land is off grid, in another state, or undesirable. The new situation is not going to be good. The main reason people cannot make it is because they either pay rent, have a huge mortgage or car payment or are in credit card debt. The answer is harsh but provides a method of making it.
If you own your own land you can farm, build a tiny home or cabin, possibly hunt and even live without utilities. It is much easier to survive in a rural setting.
Don't imagine things will go back to business as normal. Society is not working anymore. As the Oracle at Delphi said, "when the institutions that hold society together start breaking apart, then a new society is created and takes shape" "This man, Jesus, has changed our societal structure."
GOD may give you a sleeping bag on the side of the road but HE will take care of you if you truly serve HIM.

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What did we do for the survival of the integrity of our brother, body and soul. This should have informed the quality of our evangelising and discipling. Oh but we invited him to the designer outlet barbecue. Oh but we invited him to the badly amplified rock concert on Sunday mornings.

Israel, what I read into your point is, as the lines through the different issues converge, if we weren't alert enough it will be much more difficult to be in the way of God's protection.

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Our crown will be whose crown we helped get one. Some thread responses are generalisations and not concrete enough.
The Midnight Cry (the ten virgins) is any minute. Some got only just enough oil in time, but none over.

Enough to rejoice over, whether submitting the Cornerstone or a long process under construction, we are many yet one at His choosing, hopefully, directed at His filling!

• Agree
Reactions: Amittai
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
"Why does GOD want me To suffer, Be poor,
Not have a job, Or a mate?"

The assumption made by the poster is, all of his problems are GODS' fault.

God did not bring evil on a Poster in order to teach him anything.

The situation this Poster is in, is because of his own doing.

I know, it sounds
judgmental to say such things but, we do not know what the Posters past has been, what mistakes or lack of judgment he has demonstrated throughout his life, whenever I see these types of posts I do not see their history also posted which would give you a reasonable understanding of just what it actually was that got this person into the situation they are now blaming upon God.

I tend to not think badly of my God because someone is having a hard time in their life, my life has been no bed of roses, and to myself I might ask
(WHY GOD?) but I moved on and overcame the obstacles in my path finding out along the way that God did not bring them upon me to begin with, but I also found that HE DID help me in the overcoming of them.

The key is, DON"T BLAME everything that happens in your life, (does not work out right, or to your best
interest,) ON GOD!

Upvote 0