In need of some Christian advice - tired, stressed, and fed up with a situation at home

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"PoetStorm, I know about some things personally you talk about.. sis.. JESUS is real. No.. hear me.. JESUS IS REAL! He cares about ALL you do.. talk to Him.. but KNOW He hears you. Dont go by what you feel or see.. talk to Him.. keep talking to Him.. read that word.. ask HIM to open your eyes.. if you FEEL bad as in guilt and sin.. just repent and KNOW its GONE for ever.. in GODS your FATHERS eyes you are pure and holy because you believe in JESUS.

I say this because ..not a hope .. not a good idea.. but HE WILL make a way out. You HAVE to believe He loves you.. cares for you and cares just as much for ALL the others around you. He.. Jesus gave you a peace that is not of this world. You just receive it.. as you did John 3;16.. you just believe.. read the word pray the word. Tell JESUS exactly what you did here..you will be SHOCKED at how HE is NOT like man..

Never judges you never condmens you. He made a way..where there is none.. and what is there that is impossible to with. your FATHER! Hear that? This is NOT based on how you FEEL.. your his DAUGHTER.. and all you have to do is ASK and KNOW not by feelings but KNOW He hears you. He is NOT billions of miles away.. He is right there with you.. He felt EVERY tear.. and cried with you.. not making this up. I as will others will be praying for you.. so.. no maybe. no hope..HE will answer you ..HE is helping.. I well be and am praying for you and your family. I do know the pain 1st hand.. but.. JESUS is real..

Truth.. He NEVER fails

Upvote 0

PoetStorm

Wanderer in the wilderness
Nov 4, 2008
Long Island New York
✟21,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi guys,

Can't thank you enough for your support. We're back. We stormed off for two days and then my husband and his mom made up. But while it was all nice and roses the first two days back, we're right back into the same cycles. She's still getting his goat saying horrible things until he loses it and they're yelling at each other while I either get away or sit silently. The only way I have been able to cope is to leave the scene, but then I hear it from both of them how I am not defending them. Still struggling to handle this in a more Christian way. But thanks for all the prayers and support. :)

• Prayers
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad you got some relief, but sorry the whole thing started over. Prayers for you all. Thanks for updating us.

It seems if you want anything to change, you will have to do something different. Maybe a small change at a time, since the whole situation must feel pretty overwhelming. You've already done that, though temporarily. But it had an effect. I pray you can find ways to keep moving forward.

God be with you all.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

PoetStorm

Wanderer in the wilderness
Nov 4, 2008
Long Island New York
✟21,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"PoetStorm, I know about some things personally you talk about.. sis.. JESUS is real. No.. hear me.. JESUS IS REAL! He cares about ALL you do.. talk to Him.. but KNOW He hears you. Dont go by what you feel or see.. talk to Him.. keep talking to Him.. read that word.. ask HIM to open your eyes.. if you FEEL bad as in guilt and sin.. just repent and KNOW its GONE for ever.. in GODS your FATHERS eyes you are pure and holy because you believe in JESUS.

I say this because ..not a hope .. not a good idea.. but HE WILL make a way out. You HAVE to believe He loves you.. cares for you and cares just as much for ALL the others around you. He.. Jesus gave you a peace that is not of this world. You just receive it.. as you did John 3;16.. you just believe.. read the word pray the word. Tell JESUS exactly what you did here..you will be SHOCKED at how HE is NOT like man..

Never judges you never condmens you. He made a way..where there is none.. and what is there that is impossible to with. your FATHER! Hear that? This is NOT based on how you FEEL.. your his DAUGHTER.. and all you have to do is ASK and KNOW not by feelings but KNOW He hears you. He is NOT billions of miles away.. He is right there with you.. He felt EVERY tear.. and cried with you.. not making this up. I as will others will be praying for you.. so.. no maybe. no hope..HE will answer you ..HE is helping.. I well be and am praying for you and your family. I do know the pain 1st hand.. but.. JESUS is real..

Truth.. He NEVER fails
Blade I missed this post til now. Thank you so much. I believe.

I actually wanted to stop in to give a moment of praise. Friday there was another big argument. For the third time this week my husband was talking about moving out. But my job is becoming ever more volatile and unstable under new company ownership. It could work out, I could get an offer which would send me down south, or I could be fired. And we won't know til sometime next year.

And I was just so tired of the ups and downs, all the dinner fights, just everything that I went outside and sat in the dark of night praying and crying out, asking what I was to do, and how this situation could be fixed. I've tried to be the peace maker before. It lasted all of two days before I withdrew again. I don't like conflict and my tendency is to just shy away. I'm not really strong enough to handle negotiating and peace making this mess and had given up on that after several tries, some of them lasting only a few hours before she reduced me to tears and I ran upstairs like a child.

But in sheer desperation I told God, told Jesus that I wasn't strong enough to fix this but if he could use me in any way to fix this, I was His if he would only tell me what to do. It was cloudy outside and suddenly the clouds moved, and this full moon came shining through. It was beautiful.

Later that night, we had a bite to eat and I told both of them only that I wished we could respond more lovingly to each other. Well about twenty minutes later they were both apologizing and saying they loved each other. I know it was God. I believe it was Jesus working here.

Of course they fought again today a little, but I know Rome wasn't built in a day. Maybe we'll still have to leave, or maybe we won't. But I believe God was showing me that he's working in the situation.

Upvote 0