Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You say "evidence", but what you actually mean is "claims".

"...the claims presented in the Scriptures."
When a follower experiences many things in the Scriptures the verses that state what experiences they are encountered then become factual.

I use to toss the Bible to the side. But when one meets Him through being born again He starts illuminating verses within you, inwhich He starts to guide one from their error and leads them by illuminations of Scriptures and convictions tha leads to knowing Reality, directly from Him, regardless of the persons intelligence or IQ or academics.

Below, what Peter experienced is a reality to millions. Those who follow the Holy Spirit are the children of God.

20170630_121958.jpg

You are still resisting this simple reality, even that the Bible presents "evidence." You are missing of what Peter got in on. It is a wonderful thing to hear Him On High, even about origin and past of His Creation.

He did not make the world formless. Think about it. But like with Eve, He gave it through Intelligence a Mature Natural Appearance of Age,. Again, like Eve.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
When a follower experiences many things in the Scriptures the verses that state what experiences they are encountered then become factual.

Then the Quran, the Bagavad Ghita and even scientology's Dianetics are all "factual", because it's rather safe to say that each religion has followers that will claim to have experienced things compatible with / mentioned by those religions.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then the Quran, the Bagavad Ghita and even scientology's Dianetics are all "factual", because it's rather safe to say that each religion has followers that will claim to have experienced things compatible with / mentioned by those religions.
Like the way God Created this Cosmos a select way that in order to find out you cannot by-pass Him but need to go to Him - such is the same in the spectrum of religions that exist.

A person will not see the common divider and God's Way in looking and trying to understand why He has allowed the many religions.

It will be beyond their knowledge-base and intellect to understand.

Such was one of the first things God-led for me to understand. And it is Reality no intellect can ascertain. I knew step by step what God was doing in showing me. It all started with "Why All of the Many Denominations".

God is in Control with Purpose in what you are confused about. He knew during Modern Time when global communications came about that this matter would make those who lean on their own intellect see nothing - they will be enveloped in a dark cloud - helpful to no one.

By-passing the One who Created all that we see and know is a errant path.

And just the opposite - as per OP - it is so simple how God has people know Evolution is false. It is so simple. He brings Conviction. He immpresses Not True.

And by such those lead by intellect have not arrived at such Reality but the followers who received Conviction have.

God has His Ways. People need to learn from Him.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Like the way God Created this Cosmos a select way that in order to find out you cannot by-pass Him but need to go to Him - such is the same in the spectrum of religions that exist.

A person will not see the common divider and God's Way in looking and trying to understand why He has allowed the many religions.

It will be beyond their knowledge-base and intellect to understand.

Such was one of the first things God-led for me to understand. And it is Reality no intellect can ascertain. I knew step by step what God was doing in showing me. It all started with "Why All of the Many Denominations".

God is in Control with Purpose in what you are confused about. He knew during Modern Time when global communications came about that this matter would make those who lean on their own intellect see nothing - they will be enveloped in a dark cloud - helpful to no one.

By-passing the One who Created all that we see and know is a errant path.

And just the opposite - as per OP - it is so simple how God has people know Evolution is false. It is so simple. He brings Conviction. He immpresses Not True.

And by such those lead by intellect have not arrived at such Reality but the followers who received Conviction have.

God has His Ways. People need to learn from Him.

More preaching.
More avoiding actually addressing the points raised.

Upvote 0

Dave RP

Jun 9, 2015
London
✟63,350.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Often non believers haven't yet noticed that God as Creator would be creating physics, and thus all we can observe via such as biochemistry, genetics, most recent common ancestor, and on and on, and that this would also fit perfectly into Genesis chapter 1.

Some try to assert, as if provable fact, that God doesn't exist (but this is unprovable by a logical nonbeliever's standard), or God if existing could not do some particular thing (sometimes I've seen variations of that one, which is both illogical and an assertion without proof).

Ergo, to be logical, consistent, and scientific, and atheist must become an agnostic (or a believer!) in time, as he/she becomes more informed or thinks more critically or carefully.

Hello. As an atheist I do not believe in god(s), hence I do not believe they exist. I would not be able to prove that no gods exist, of course as has been discussed many times before, one cannot prove a negative, for example I cannot prove that unicorns don't exist. I personally don't know any atheists who would attempt to prove god doesn't exist.

I do fully understand that if god had created everything of course he would have created the very laws we have discovered and of course the ones we haven't yet discovered. The god described by the majority of believers is all powerful, all seeing and capable of doing whatever he or she wants to do.

What I don't understand is the leap of logic I am expected to take whereby I become agnostic or even a believer because of this, yes I accept that some people believe in an all powerful god, fair enough but should that make me doubt my non belief?

• Informative
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What I don't understand is the leap of logic I am expected to take whereby I become agnostic or even a believer because of this, yes I accept that some people believe in an all powerful god, fair enough but should that make me doubt my non belief?
The leap is farther than you think. Not only do you have to come to a belief in god, but to a belief that the Bible was written by that god word-for-word and that only politically right-wing Evangelical Protestants are capable of telling you what it means. Just believing in god won't earn you any more credit with a creationist than if you were still an atheist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Often non believers haven't yet noticed that God as Creator would be creating physics, and thus all we can observe via such as biochemistry, genetics, most recent common ancestor, and on and on, and that this would also fit perfectly into Genesis chapter 1.

Some try to assert, as if provable fact, that God doesn't exist (but this is unprovable by a logical nonbeliever's standard), or God if existing could not do some particular thing (sometimes I've seen variations of that one, which is both illogical and an assertion without proof).

Ergo, to be logical, consistent, and scientific, and atheist must become an agnostic (or a believer!) in time, as he/she becomes more informed or thinks more critically or carefully.
That's quite interesting.

Of course you will find that the vast majority of atheists are agnostics - both positions are not mutually exclusive.

But if we follow this line of reasoning to the other side, we will find that either, to be logical, consistent and scientific... believers must become agnostic. Or think more critically or carefully.

It seems quite difficult for believers to do that. They prefer their faith over logic, consistency or scientific research.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's quite interesting.

Of course you will find that the vast majority of atheists are agnostics - both positions are not mutually exclusive.

But if we follow this line of reasoning to the other side, we will find that either, to be logical, consistent and scientific... believers must become agnostic. Or think more critically or carefully.

It seems quite difficult for believers to do that. They prefer their faith over logic, consistency or scientific research.

Right. Sensible.

But, even during an overcast day or in some cloudy location (that never has clear skies), a person that has seen the sun knows it's still there. Even if someone else native to the overcast location says "where?" that person having seen already knows not as a belief anymore, but finally just a knowledge. Yet, it would take the native of the overcast location some faith (or a leap of faith for a while) to venture expensively (in time or energy or effort) to travel to some moutaintop or such and find out if this thing is up there.

Reactions: Heissonear
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Right. Sensible.

But, even during an overcast day or in some cloudy location (that never has clear skies), a person that has seen the sun knows it's still there. Even if someone else native to the overcast location says "where?" that person having seen already knows not as a belief anymore, but finally just a knowledge. Yet, it would take the native of the overcast location some faith (or a leap of faith for a while) to venture expensively (in time or energy or effort) to travel to some moutaintop or such and find out if this thing is up there.
That's nice.

But it doesn't fit - at all - the kind of scrutiny you demand from unbelievers in order to be "logical". You can just sit back and claim "I know.", without needing to offer anything regarding logic, consistency or science.

Basically, you want to hold unbelievers to a higher standard than believers.

But don't worry, this isn't a big problem. Most unbelievers hold themselves to a higher standard than believers.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's nice.

But it doesn't fit - at all - the kind of scrutiny you demand from unbelievers in order to be "logical". You can just sit back and claim "I know.", without needing to offer anything regarding logic, consistency or science.

But don't worry, this isn't a big problem. Most unbelievers hold themselves to a higher standard than believers.

I removed the only incorrect part (about what I think), since of course I can tell you what I think better than someone else can guess.

I know how when I was an atheist, and later agnostic, that all the while I definitely held myself to a higher standards than many in churches I'd seen, and still of course. Plenty in churches can be there merely there because it's just the tradition they knew. Plenty are 'lukewarm' (to Christ and what He taught).. Plenty of others seem to have a religion, but not the things Christ said such as "love your neighbor as yourself" and "Do not judge, lest you be judged" and other things He said, so that they are religious but not following Him, but rather following some other thing, some men or doctrines, etc.

Of course, that's not the key thing to know but only a mere observation. If a class full of students all miss one problem on a math test (or many), we don't think math is false of course, but it's even worse if as an answer to a math problem if many gave some political ideology for instance. To a person not knowing math, that would appear to suggest math isn't such a thing, really. This is an imperfect metaphor, so don't rely on it too much! heh heh Just suffice to say there are so many easy examples of how to not to be Christian, it's a wonder if we find someone that truly is doing "love your neighbor as yourself", it can seem (until you find a church where they are!). Many of us would surely grant you that. Christ said as much!

Last edited:
Reactions: Heissonear
Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Scientists also think (a lot).

Just saying.
In the last days the Creator did not set up the Creation where brain power and the scientific method would allow men of intelligence and academic enquiry to lead others in what is Reality.

What God has allowed is Modern Times is men to idolize science. They exalt science as supreme, even producing their religions of Scientism and Naturalism.

The OP topic rightly shows how intelligence cannot attain what a very simple Conviction from the Holy Spirit produces in people. Reality about many things, even about God exists and is On High. And even how Evolution of life on Earth never happened.

Those who are followers of Him through His Spirit are revealed Reality: such as how evolution of life on Earth never happened. Those who follow intellect in Modern Times seek such Reality but do not obtain it. They are empty handed before many, while boasting to have arrived at the Truth, such as Evolution.

God has His Ways. Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to lead people in to Reality, and deliver from error.

20160717_195644 (1).jpg

Upvote 0