Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟156,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This post has to do with how God tells the majority of His followers that they did not Evolve from apes.

How simple but most effective of a work within His followers.

It is based on the Holy Spirit teaching Truth.

20160717_195644.jpg

Again, how simple it is!

When a follower is presented that they are an evolutionary descendent of apes, within them the Holy Spirit states "That is not true, it is false".

Such conviction of Truth aligns them to Truth and Reality.

This happens in many cases with followers not knowing consciously that it was the Holy Spirit they heard and agree with.

It does not take any academic investigation and much science of Earth's past to make this conclusion of Reality.

It often and repeatedly happens the same way. The Holy Spirit within them says "That is false."

They hear and act on the Word made near. They are Creationists by the Holy Spirits doing. They produce the fruit of Truth how evolution is a lie that easily.

Very plain and simple.

As mentioned in another thread: which should a person turn to foremost for attaining Reality about Earth's origin and history, God or geologic science? The answer is very simple

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are able under the spirit to understand scripture as we need (when in the spirit). (but still people don't always understand other people's wordings or thoughts!)

That's not the same as understanding some other thing like electrical engineering, or physics, etc. of course. (obviously, understanding 'all things' meaning even non-scripture things would then mean anyone not understanding physics doesn't have the spirit, is not saved, etc., and we could test their salvation with a physics or math quiz)

It's also not the same as knowing geology, or how radioactivity works, and any other such thing. It's about understanding what we need for our souls.

If someone believes in God as the Creator, then they might think for example He could use evolution, by His plan, by His design. Does scripture say? No. (see why just below)

It's easy to think of a version of so-called 'evolution' very unlike many presume, in which God for example intervenes, and creates new species at moments in time, or another one:makes a perfect design which unfolds by itself even without interventions(!), either of which would suggest time passed between the days of creation, etc. This is not specified in scripture because such details would preclude a chance at having faith first (before proof).

A specific detail, such as "And God made the Earth 4 and 1/2 billion years ago." (NOT IN SCRIPTURE, though compatible with scripture as written via verse 1 time passage) -> would be testable. We could try to find proof. And might eventually find proof.

But proof is not faith.

So, why doesn't scripture give small details of how God created which we could go and check on with measurements and prove?

Because we must have faith to be saved. Not mere easy proof.

Faith is required from us. Proof before faith would prevent the possibility of faith before proof. We must believe before we have proof, such as some receive later because of faith, such as by miracles or dramatic answered prayers (multiple).

God knows what He is doing! He has made room for us to do what He requires of us -- faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟156,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God through the Holy Spirit can and does state "Evolution is a lie" - "People have not decended from apes" within those who are not followers.

The Holy Spirit speaks within, in that they hear (even that inner voice experience) and it is up to them to learn from the Holy Spirit by placing faith in what He said.

The Holy Spirit convicts a person of Truth and Error.

It is not an option to not be led by the Spirit to be a follower.

20170630_122752.jpg

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Often non believers haven't yet noticed that God as Creator would be creating physics, and thus all we can observe via such as biochemistry, genetics, most recent common ancestor, and on and on, and that this would also fit perfectly into Genesis chapter 1.

Some try to assert, as if provable fact, that God doesn't exist (but this is unprovable by a logical nonbeliever's standard), or God if existing could not do some particular thing (sometimes I've seen variations of that one, which is both illogical and an assertion without proof).

Ergo, to be logical, consistent, and scientific, and atheist must become an agnostic (or a believer!) in time, as he/she becomes more informed or thinks more critically or carefully.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
This post has to do with how God tells the majority of His followers that they did not Evolve from apes.

View attachment 220029

Again, how simple it is!

When a follower is presented that they are an evolutionary descendent of apes, within them the Holy Spirit states "That is not true, it is false".

Simple indeed.
You hear a voice in your head. Uhu.

How does one even respond to this?

It does not take any academic investigation and much science of Earth's past to make this conclusion of Reality.

That is likely correct. In fact, I'ld even say that the less investigation and science takes place, the easier it is to believe your nonsense!

It often and repeatedly happens the same way. The Holy Spirit within them says "That is false."

I just met Allah and he told me that christianity is wrong and that evolution occured.

Now what?

As mentioned in another thread: which should a person turn to foremost for attaining Reality about Earth's origin and history, God or geologic science? The answer is very simple

The answer is: the great JuJu at the top of the mountain.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Your god leaves multiple independent lines of evidence for common descent, then says "gotcha"? Your god has an odd sense of humor.

View attachment 220029

Again, how simple it is!

This happens in many cases with followers not knowing consciously that it was the Holy Spirit they heard and agree with.

They hear and act on the Word made near. They are Creationists by the Holy Spirits doing. They produce the fruit of Truth how evolution is a lie that easily.

Very plain and simple.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

View attachment 220029

Again, how simple it is!

Very plain and simple.

Ah so all I need to do is listen? I will try it...Hmm I am hearing that the OP is false.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟156,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Simple indeed.
You hear a voice in your head. Uhu.

How does one even respond to this?

That is likely correct. In fact, I'ld even say that the less investigation and science takes place, the easier it is to believe your nonsense!

I just met Allah and he told me that christianity is wrong and that evolution occured.

Now what?

The answer is: the great JuJu at the top of the mountain.
The evidence of God revealing critically important things to His followers is written in the Scriptures.

It is not preaching but firsthand showing what the Holy Spirit does - and this is written the Bible.

The below case was about God showing Peter about Jesus.

Peter's eyes and ears become opened by the Holy Spirit.

It was not by flesh-and-blood (ones brain or intellect).

20170630_121958.jpg

You claim to know Reality by intellectual endeavors. But there is another way of learning you have yet to understand.

Our intellect should not be cast aside. But it should not become an idol we exalt as the only way to obtain Reality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heissonear

Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟156,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God through His Holy Spirit has only to convict a person in heart that Evolution is false, it never happened.

And that is it. If a person recieves such conviction then he has obtained the Truth, he has obtained Reality about Creation verses Evolution.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟156,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ah so all I need to do is listen? I will try it...Hmm I am hearing that the OP is false.
As pointing to additional evidence to the OP hearing and knowing - in the first part of the Gospel of John 10, Jesus states His Sheep hear and follow Him.

20160717_195644.jpg

Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to make true followers, not brain led only opinions.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟156,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Has God made foolish the wisdom of the world, as stated in I Corinthians 1?

Has God made it simple for people to know if Evolution of life on Earth happened?

The below tells how the Holy Spirit can convict of error and what is right and true.

Screenshot_20180208-124840.jpg

When He shows up academics and intellect is not the foremost.

The Holy Spirit teaches and leads. Not just by our intellect independent.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟236,539.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Heissonear, your argument is, in essence, "I believe what I believe because I believe it. This belief is supported by my unwavering belief that the Bible is the Word of God and my interpretation of that Word I believe to be accurate, based on the belief that I believe the thoughts that occur to me are from the Holy Spirit."

You will understand that many people prefer to base their beliefs on some independent evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As pointing to additional evidence to the OP hearing and knowing - in the first part of the Gospel of John 10, Jesus states His Sheep hear and follow Him.

View attachment 220355

Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to make true followers, not brain led only opinions.
Ah, "his sheep" are correct when they hear his voice calling.

Fine. Some of his sheep think the OP is false.

Just saying.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
God through His Holy Spirit has only to convict a person in heart that Evolution is false, it never happened.

And that is it. If a person recieves such conviction then he has obtained the Truth, he has obtained Reality about Creation verses Evolution.

I'm sorry, but this is indistinguishable from the logic that schizofrenics use to believe what the voices in their head are saying.........

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Has God made foolish the wisdom of the world, as stated in I Corinthians 1?

Has God made it simple for people to know if Evolution of life on Earth happened?

The below tells how the Holy Spirit can convict of error and what is right and true.

View attachment 220360

When He shows up academics and intellect is not the foremost.

The Holy Spirit teaches and leads. Not just by our intellect independent.

Looks like simple preaching to me. Falls flat on a science forum.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,915.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

View attachment 220029

Again, how simple it is!

Very plain and simple.

Or another way to read this: my particular reading of the Bible says that Evolution is wrong, and nothing from man or God's own creation, will tell me that I am wrong.

Upvote 0