hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Definitely. I hardly ever say that at the end of my prayers, but I've certainly seen prayers answered.

It's interesting you ask this, because yesterday I said that phrase at the end of a prayer, which is very rare for me. It's something my parents always do but for some reason I never picked it up really.

However, when I'm very serious about something and it's a matter very close to my heart, like the salvation of a loved one or best friend, those are the times I tend to use it. Always in private and to indicate to God just how deeply I feel what I prayed about. Like an emphasis on "amen".

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,062,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I have written ministers complaining of their public prayer praying the Father in “thy holy name.” We pray the Father in Jesus name and in faith believing if we want to expect a blessing in return. With this comment I must add... It is hard enough to get an answer to prayers these days... Why do you want to complicate things even more by icing out the name of Jesus?

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have written ministers complaining of their public prayer praying the Father in “thy holy name.” We pray the Father in Jesus name and in faith believing if we want to expect a blessing in return. With this comment I must add... It is hard enough to get an answer to prayers these days... Why do you want to complicate things even more by icing out the name of Jesus?
I'm not sure it's possible to "ice out" the name of Jesus from God's perspective, unless you mean becoming indifferent to it as humans. In that case, I agree. In all honesty, when my parents say it, I hardly even notice because it's so normal.

However, I'm not sure what you mean by "It is hard enough to get an answer to prayers these days..." We will only see prayers unanswered if we aren't praying in accordance with what God himself wants. That requires knowing God more intimately and not rebelling in sin all the time. If prayers seem to be less answered today, it's because fewer people are close to God than in the past. And in that case, I agree. But if you are close to God, that should have no effect on whether or not your prayers are answered.

Take a step back and try to see where God is at work in your life or in the lives of others you know. Ask God to show you who He might want you to minister to at this stage in your life, or what responsibility He wishes you to take up.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Come on you two, this thread just started and you are already throwing barbs.
I didn't start it to see who is naughty and who is nice. Not sure about that word notty or knotty, or, lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I’m not sure you understand how prayer works.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,062,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I’m not sure you understand how prayer works.
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. - John 14:13-14

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
In the name of Jesus isn’t a magic formula to get what we want. To pray in His name is to pray in His authority according to His will.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. - John 14:13-14
We should pray as He would pray...for His Kingdom and glory.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I do get concerned if I try to move on without it, even a little fearful. Although I couldn't tell you why the fear exactly. Same goes for prayers of thanks for meals. I usually forget til the middle of the meal and will not finish without it. weird you might say, lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,062,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
RW Schambach praying in which the name of Jesus was used 7 times!

Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,062,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. - Mark 9:38-39

Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"
rockytopva said: ↑

RW Schambach praying in which the name of Jesus was used 7 times! "

I wish they had a thumbs up emoticon. I like that:)

• Winner
Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Definitely. I hardly ever say that at the end of my prayers, but I've certainly seen prayers answered.

It's interesting you ask this, because yesterday I said that phrase at the end of a prayer, which is very rare for me. It's something my parents always do but for some reason I never picked it up really.

However, when I'm very serious about something and it's a matter very close to my heart, like the salvation of a loved one or best friend, those are the times I tend to use it. Always in private and to indicate to God just how deeply I feel what I prayed about. Like an emphasis on "amen".
It is so embedded in me that it makes me worry for you. No pressure, just saying.

Upvote 0