Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In a fanciful vision of the future I'll fly a drone car to work, convert the house to solar power, and design robots and tinker around on an old Model A Ford in the garage for fun. When not writing, recording music, or working on other creative projects that is. Although I already work on such projects, in a fanciful future they're a higher priority.

I also have an idea for a line of mountain biking products. Along with a brand name and logo. It might be kind of neat to see how far something like that would go. I just ride for fun and fitness. I'm not a former pro or totally entrenched in the culture, but I think I could design products that are useful and likeable enough to sell. It would compete against hundreds of strangely-named companies on Amazon, but probably use the same factories for production. This isn't something that I've even talked about IRL, so it's literally just a daydream despite being somewhat detailed.

Another fanciful idea is to start a magnet school for kids who are under-served by traditional education, but that's more of a 15 years from now project.

Where do I realistically see myself in 5 years? Hopefully, living in the same house, driving the same car, and staying in reasonably good spirits. Building models and experimental tech, maintaining my fitness through bicycling and casual weight lifting, learning new things everyday, occasionally visiting family and friends etc. A little older, wiser, and more knowledgeable than today but more or less the same. Lord willing. This is based on inertia and where I was 5 years ago.

It would be awesome if my 18 year old cat makes it to 23, but who knows? Each day is a blessing, so I make sure to give him extra cuddles and playtime.

Last edited:
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟203,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Married, at least a couple of kids, burgeoning chess career, somewhat more travelled in terms of the world.

I want to own a house (that I share with my husband) and my own car.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't have a 5 year goal. That bone marrow burger joint sounds like a good plan though. It could be turned into a concept idea for a restaurant that serves human meals that only uses ingredients that would also be safe for dog consumption. So that both you and your dog can eat at the restaurant after doing activities in the park. Might be a terrible idea, who knows.

The best ones I had are those I didn't plan for. I suppose I'm just so terrible at thinking, the ones where I didn't use my head gave far better results!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How we doing on those five year goals, people?

Here's the goals I originally posted:

Two things I'd like to happen in 5 years:
- Be living with my future husband (or at least be living on my own, not with my parents anymore)
- Have tolerable co-workers again (they've gotten stupid and/or lazy the past year)

Neither has happened yet.

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0