Mar 27, 2011
✟96,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have a terrible habit of rewatching TV shows that I've seen before a gazillion times whether they are good or bad because it's comforting noise that I don't have to pay much attention to. Recently I've been re-watching How I Met Your Mother (which is a terrible show, but such is my vice).

The other day I came across an episode where they watched the Star Wars trilogy every 5 years and would reflect on where they were at with life and daydream about what life would be like in 5 years when they watched it again. The futures were way off and ridiculous in many ways, but it got me thinking- if you were to allow yourself to fancifully daydream about where you'd want your life to be in 5 years (it does not have to be something you are working towards or think you will achieve), what would your 5 years from now life look like?

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have a terrible habit of rewatching TV shows that I've seen before a gazillion times whether they are good or bad because it's comforting noise that I don't have to pay much attention to. Recently I've been re-watching How I Met Your Mother (which is a terrible show, but such is my vice).

The other day I came across an episode where they watched the Star Wars trilogy every 5 years and would reflect on where they were at with life and daydream about what life would be like in 5 years when they watched it again. The futures were way off and ridiculous in many ways, but it got me thinking- if you were to allow yourself to fancifully daydream about where you'd want your life to be in 5 years (it does not have to be something you are working towards or think you will achieve), what would your 5 years from now life look like?
Care-free, more outgoing, single, more well-off financially, and happy.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
if you were to allow yourself to fancifully daydream about where you'd want your life to be in 5 years (it does not have to be something you are working towards or think you will achieve), what would your 5 years from now life look like?
Two things I'd like to happen in 5 years:
- Be living with my future husband (or at least be living on my own, not with my parents anymore)
- Have tolerable co-workers again (they've gotten stupid and/or lazy the past year)

It doesn't seem like fanciful daydreaming, but I feel like it's asking for little stuff that would make a big difference in my life.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
you were to allow yourself to fancifully daydream about where you'd want your life to be in 5 years (it does not have to be something you are working towards or think you will achieve), what would your 5 years from now life look like?
2027 - all debt paid off, take my mom on a trip, triathlon, co-leading Bible study and involvement with the teens at church, possibly taking care of my mom or stepdad, in a relationship that lasts more than 2 months, volunteering and a savings started for a trip to London and France.

Seriously, I would have never thought I'm where I'm at right now. 5 years ago was 2018. At that time I was doing 45 minutes three times a week of walk runs. A coworker had just introduced me to the foam roller and I was working hard to break up my IT band tightness.

I was living in a different house that I thought I would be retiring in and a community that I thought I was going to be part of in retirement. I thought I had found the perfect place to live.

I was just starting my involvement with the church that I was in after a two-year process of looking. I thought I found the perfect church but I also had a hurdle to get over that was a bit difficult in my study group.

I had a goldfish pond and loved taking care of the goldfish. Also my snow plow route was not too far and I liked where I was plowing. The skyscapes across the sky were amazing and I got some great pictures. At the same time and economic development was happening in my backyard and the community was protesting that. The future felt so uncertain. I also never dreamed that my income would change and grow the way it has, I was in so much debt then. I also was applying for federal jobs and wanted a job in the social security administration, I never dreamed of the pandemic capping and that changing my perspective. I also had a very difficult work situation that changed locations and atmosphere in 2020 towards a positive direction. I also had a neighbor that became my friend a mile and a half down the road but came to work where I did. Her husband already did. I never would have dreamed that she would participate in gossip about me in the future. As far as technology I didn't have internet then just like I don't know, so I was taking my Mac laptop to the library to do all of my internet stuff. I never would have dreamed of the possibilities that we have through smartphones and what I can do now through it and cheaper plans for unlimited data. I plowed snow a lot more than I have these last 2 years, I never would have dreamed that I would have been called out so few times like I was these last two years. That's been the biggest push for me to want to leave my also I never would have dreamed that I could train and run the way I did in 2020 and 2021. That's the most I've ever done in my life and the first time that people considered me an athlete. Even now I still get that from physical therapist and others without putting the mileage in that I did. Also I couldn't have ever imagine doing the gardening that I have done in managing the amount of yard that I have five years ago. The Lord has better plans than me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sweet! When would you like to go?
As soon as possible. Last year I had a really good job and was starting to save for it. I'd also like it to be a honeymoon trip, but again that would depend on my future wife as she may have other thoughts/dreams for that trip.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,169.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
As soon as possible. Last year I had a really good job and was starting to save for it. I'd also like it to be a honeymoon trip, but again that would depend on my future wife as she may have other thoughts/dreams for that trip.

I think you’ll enjoy it. Maybe you’ll stay. Who knows. ;-)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It’s cold up there! We’re not that far apart. I’m looking forward to a warmer climate.
It's beautiful here most of the year. Doesn't get too hot in the summer. I could do without the super cold and cloudy winters. But I grew up in Houston, TX and that's just too hot and humid for me lol.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,169.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's beautiful here most of the year. Doesn't get too hot in the summer. I could do without the super cold and cloudy winters. But I grew up in Houston, TX and that's just too hot and humid for me lol.

I agree with the humidity. But they have some good bbq!

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,269.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Firstly, I know it's terrible, but I also love How I Met Your Mother. Marshal is my favorite.

In 2027, I would like to have my debts paid off, be able to invest more for the future, own or at least be close to owning a home.

I'd like to be more fit, less fat. I'd like to have a better, higher paying job, that allows me to take time off to travel.

I want to be good at drawing, and able to sketch friends and loved ones.

And hopefully I'll be in a meaningful relationship or possibly married, but I think focusing on me and self improvement is probably wiser right now.

Upvote 0