Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Does that mean you do not know for sure?
We do not yet know the name of the person who shot Ramos.
My comment was an allusion to the Abbott & Costello routine “Who’s on First?”

• Agree
Reactions: RocksInMyHead
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Or that the shooter wouldn't have been able to acquire the weapons needed to commit the crime in the first place. Yeah, I like that one better.

I'm afraid there are too many pro-"but mah guns!" folk with the fantasy of being just the John Rambo-esque hero needed to stop the massacre-in-progress with their own gun, for them to want to take any steps to possibly make your much-more-desirable scenario happen, though. =/

It's as though the "we just need more good guys with guns, but absolutely DO NOT try to regulate them more!!!" crowd is saying: Yeah, just give me a bigger gun than the bad guy who shoots up schools, and he'll be stopped, no problem! Sure a child or two or three will quite likely be sacrificed before I can identify the shooter and react properly with my own weapon, but that's just the price we have to pay to keep guns in everyone's hands, just like the good Lord intended! If it means making it any harder or more inconvenient for me to feel safe by owning a gun (because clearly that is the only way I can ever be safe), then I don't want preventative measures! Only reactive!

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Gotcha. Name. Not know.
Neither do you. In fact, unless you've got an inside source, you don't even know that it was an off-duty agent.

All I see from you in this thread is a bunch of desperate scrambling to avoid admitting that you fell for someone's Facebook fanfiction.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ya know there is an interesting peripheral element to this story. Not anything with the shooting, but party politics stuff. A few days ago, Tim Pool had some videos on how the Democratic party is starting to loose the minorities in voter registration trends etc. both blacks and Latins, and in regards to Texas he mentioned South Texas etc. and how you got these Texans of Mexican heritage that lived there for generations and no not have the sympathies that they count on etc. Anyway it looks like this guy fits that, even though I'm not sure where in Texas this event actually took place (not really following it closely compared to Ukraine and the antics of the Biden administration).

Huh? He fits what now?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, no one missed it except you, apparently. This story has been floating around since the day after the massacre.

But, yes, good on him and other officers that finally acted. Just wish it had been sooner.

Or that the shooter wouldn't have been able to acquire the weapons needed to commit the crime in the first place. Yeah, I like that one better.

How did he get those weapons?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Possibly fictitious due to the amount of lies issued by the PD in question.

Hey hey hey....Fauci still has a job. It's not so easy without the media covering for you....took like, 4 days to get to the truth.

I think we should defund/demilitarize/abolish the police. These guys only see targets. Too warrior like. Not enough deescalation. They're so warlike...they didn't want to bother with this shooter. Too easy a target. Maybe implicit systemic bias....and history. The police are biased towards gun obsessed loners....we need to arm every kid at school.

Can we at least do another decade of unclear and relentless public criticism? These guys work better under constant unfair public scrutiny. That always helps. Can we send in a social worker first? She can assess the situation and advise the police after a good sit down with the shooter.

I'm ready to march. At least give me a Marxist who's willing to take advantage of this tragedy. Does the latino community know what a Marxist is? Get one. They know how it's done.

Forget problems, forget solutions. You don't solve problems with rational problem assessment and reasonable goals. It's time to panic. Is there anywhere left to loot? It feels justified in a way.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm afraid there are too many pro-"but mah guns!" folk with the fantasy of being just the John Rambo-esque hero needed to stop the massacre-in-progress with their own gun, for them to want to take any steps to possibly make your much-more-desirable scenario happen, though. =/

It's as though the "we just need more good guys with guns, but absolutely DO NOT try to regulate them more!!!" crowd is saying: Yeah, just give me a bigger gun than the bad guy who shoots up schools, and he'll be stopped, no problem! Sure a child or two or three will quite likely be sacrificed before I can identify the shooter and react properly with my own weapon, but that's just the price we have to pay to keep guns in everyone's hands, just like the good Lord intended! If it means making it any harder or more inconvenient for me to feel safe by owning a gun (because clearly that is the only way I can ever be safe), then I don't want preventative measures! Only reactive!

Let's not forget the tough guys who would have charged into the school unarmed, ready to stop the shooter with their pure unfiltered alpha masculinity alone...

• Haha
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't ask OP if he actually cared if what he was posting was true or not even though I wanted to, but his responses so far have answered the question. He does NOT.

Also:

From his own mouth.

He didn't kill the shooter. (and I'll just note that the exact text of your OP IS IN THIS POLITIFACT ARTICLE!

off_duty_officer_uvalde_post.png

Dude, are you just copying and pasting posts from Facebook?)

He was outside the whole time and met his wife and daughter at a funeral home across the street after his daughter came out through a window and his wife had already escaped.

There is so much misinformation about this event out there right now and you're falling for it. Stop.

CORRECTION: After watching a more complete version of the Today Show interview and a CBS interview, Officer Albarado said that he DID ENTER the school where officers were already evacuating classrooms and assisted with that effort, but he DID NOT KILL THE SHOOTER.

FYI, This is what is looks like when you care if what you're saying is true or not.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private