Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In case anyone missed it the man that killed the school shooter in Texas wasn't even an on duty officer!

It was a parent and spouse of a 4th grade teacher, he just happened to be a border patrol agent.

He was getting a haircut when his wife started texting him that there was a school shooter. He grabbed the barbers shotgun, rushed to the school and ran into the school past 19 officers that were sitting on scene while children were being killed. He then evacuated his wife and daughter and went back in and shot the suspect.

That mans name is Jacob Albarado and he is the true hero in this story. God bless him and his family.

Capture.JPG

Off-duty CBP agent recalls racing from barbershop to Uvalde elementary school to save wife, daughter

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,914.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He then evacuated his wife and daughter and went back in and shot the suspect.
From the article:

“At one point I was there at the door fixing to go in, but once again I didn't have any of my gear. It wouldn't have been a smart move for me. All those guys had their gear and stuff so like I said, I pulled back."

He wasn't a member of the team that went into the classroom and shot the subject.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In case anyone missed it the man that killed the school shooter in Texas wasn't even an on duty officer!
Would it kill people to read the articles they post before making sensational claims? There is nothing in this article that says or even suggests that Albarado was the person who killed the gunman. I applaud his bravery in rushing to the defense of his family, but spreading untrue, sensationalist rumors helps no one.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article:

“At one point I was there at the door fixing to go in, but once again I didn't have any of my gear. It wouldn't have been a smart move for me. All those guys had their gear and stuff so like I said, I pulled back."

He wasn't a member of the team that went into the classroom and shot the subject.

Elite border patrol agent killed Texas school shooter Salvador Ramos: reports

An off-duty Customs and Border Protection agent from an elite tactical unit is the hero who shot and killed the Robb Elementary School gunman before he could continue his massacre, reports said Wednesday.

The agent, a member of CBP’s Border Patrol Tactical Unit (BORTAC), rushed into the school while the shooter was still active and began exchanging rounds with the gunman, who was barricaded inside a fourth-grade classroom, NBC and Fox reported.

The officer was injured during the shooting but he managed to “eliminate the threat” and kill the shooter before he could commit more carnage, law enforcement sources told NBC.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,914.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The agent, a member of CBP’s Border Patrol Tactical Unit (BORTAC), rushed into the school while the shooter was still active and began exchanging rounds with the gunman, who was barricaded inside a fourth-grade classroom, NBC and Fox reported.

The officer was injured during the shooting but he managed to “eliminate the threat” and kill the shooter before he could commit more carnage, law enforcement sources told NBC.
The headline from the link you provided:

Hero border agent from elite unit rushed into Texas school with no backup, killed Salvador Ramos: reports

That's not what happened.

Members of the Border Patrol’s Bortac team responded to the school, located in the town 80 miles west of San Antonio, but were unable to get into the classroom because of a steel door and the building’s concrete block construction, law enforcement sources told The Wall Street Journal.

After Bortac got a master key from the school principal, they were able to force their way into the classroom.

One Bortac agent took rounds to his shield as the team entered the classroom, another agent received shrapnel wounds, and a third agent shot and killed 18-year-old Salvador Ramos.

Uvalde gunman was killed by elite Border Patrol tactical unit Bortac, say officials

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

It was a parent and spouse of a 4th grade teacher, he just happened to be a border patrol agent.

He was getting a haircut when his wife started texting him that there was a school shooter. He grabbed the barbers shotgun, rushed to the school and ran into the school past 19 officers that were sitting on scene while children were being killed. He then evacuated his wife and daughter and went back in and shot the suspect.

That mans name is Jacob Albarado and he is the true hero in this story. God bless him and his family.

View attachment 316572

Off-duty CBP agent recalls racing from barbershop to Uvalde elementary school to save wife, daughter

Ya know there is an interesting peripheral element to this story. Not anything with the shooting, but party politics stuff. A few days ago, Tim Pool had some videos on how the Democratic party is starting to loose the minorities in voter registration trends etc. both blacks and Latins, and in regards to Texas he mentioned South Texas etc. and how you got these Texans of Mexican heritage that lived there for generations and no not have the sympathies that they count on etc. Anyway it looks like this guy fits that, even though I'm not sure where in Texas this event actually took place (not really following it closely compared to Ukraine and the antics of the Biden administration).

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
No, no one missed it except you, apparently. This story has been floating around since the day after the massacre.

But, yes, good on him and other officers that finally acted. Just wish it had been sooner.

Or that the shooter wouldn't have been able to acquire the weapons needed to commit the crime in the first place. Yeah, I like that one better.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Elite border patrol agent killed Texas school shooter Salvador Ramos: reports

An off-duty Customs and Border Protection agent from an elite tactical unit is the hero who shot and killed the Robb Elementary School gunman before he could continue his massacre, reports said Wednesday.

Yes, there were a lot of misleading and inaccurate reports in the immediate aftermath of the shooting. Thank the 24-hour news cycle and various media outlets scrambling to be the first with the scoop for that. It certainly makes for a great story - "Hero cop grabs a gun and rushes in to save his family from a school shooter!" - and it contains enough elements of truth to pass an initial once-over (Border Patrol agents did make the entry and kill the shooter, Albarado did grab a gun and rush to the scene to assist).

However, I trust Albarado's own statements over any media trying to sensationalize his actions. He himself says that he didn't try to take on the shooter because his fellow agents were already there and were better-equipped to deal with the situation. Also, his "injury", as he explains in the video clip in your original article, was a completely unrelated shoulder surgery.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ya know there is an interesting peripheral element to this story. Not anything with the shooting, but party politics stuff. A few days ago, Tim Pool had some videos on how the Democratic party is starting to loose the minorities in voter registration trends etc.
I'm not sure how interesting this is - there have been similar stories for years now. They don't seem to pan out in actual elections (e.g. Donald's landslide loss in 2020). I guess we'll see if such stories continue now that one of the major sources of such stories has bigger issues to deal with https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/08/26/race-divisions-highlighted-disinformation-2016/

• Informative
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 316572

That article doesn’t say he killed the shooter. Where are you getting that? If he wasn’t the person who killed the shooter you are spreading false rumors and should edit your OP.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That article doesn’t say he killed the shooter. Where are you getting that? If he wasn’t the person who killed the shooter you are spreading false rumors and should edit your OP.

Feel free to provide evidence showing who the off duty Border Patrol agent who shot the murderer was.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Feel free to provide evidence showing who the off duty Border Patrol agent who shot the murderer was.

From his own mouth.

He didn't kill the shooter. (and I'll just note that the exact text of your OP IS IN THIS POLITIFACT ARTICLE!

off_duty_officer_uvalde_post.png

Dude, are you just copying and pasting posts from Facebook?)

He was outside the whole time and met his wife and daughter at a funeral home across the street after his daughter came out through a window and his wife had already escaped.

There is so much misinformation about this event out there right now and you're falling for it. Stop.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There is so much misinformation about this event out there right now and you're falling for it. Stop.
This reminds me of the "Ghost of Kyiv" story from the early days of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. People are desperate to find a hero in a tragic situation, and so they cling to any positive story that shows up and resist any implication that it might be untrue because it makes them feel good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It’s disturbing that you seem to care so little about the truth here. The man your article was about said nothing about killing the shooter, in fact made it clear he wasn’t involved with the shooter. What’s going on here? Why would you spread this stuff, ypu have to know it’s not true. Why not just admit you were wrong?

Upvote 0