In all sincerity, why doesn't God simply say, "Hi"?

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
These rigorous methods are all part of philosophy! Here's an overview:

The philosophy of science

Philosophy of science is a set of philosophers attempting to understand how science works. It isn't a group of people telling scientists how to do their jobs.

My point is actually this. When we agree on the fact science can not do without philosophy

This isn't something I agree with. Sure, hundreds of years ago philosophy might have had some influence but that's really not the case today for the vast majority of scientific work.

Why then is it that the naturalistic worldview right?

Who cares? As long as it continues to produce useful real-world results I'm happy.

Heck, I don't even know what a satisfactory answer might even look like in this case. What do you mean by right and how could we possibly test it?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
its a thheoretical question.

Theoretical questions, usually make some sort of sense. This question of yours, makes no sense.

will you consider it to be a wtach if it had a self replicating system or not?

Sure, a self-replicating watch, would be a self-replicating watch.

Now, do you have any other imaginary hypotheticals you wish to talk about, or are you ready now to stick to reality?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
its a thheoretical question.

Theoretical questions, usually make some sort of sense. This question of yours, makes no sense.

will you consider it to be a wtach if it had a self replicating system or not?

Sure, a self-replicating watch, would be a self-replicating watch.

Now, do you have any other imaginary hypotheticals you wish to talk about, or are you ready now to stick to reality?

Upvote 0