Live Oak
✟8,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So I've been dating this girl for about six months now, I'm 17 and she's 16, it's a very serious relationship, we both love each other very much. She's not a Christian but she does believe in God and she does pray. anyway she thinks she's bisexual but she's been unsure of her orientation since before we started dating and I really don't know if this should even matter, it does kind of bothers me in a way because I see it as wrong but she doesn't think it is herself, and you can't convince her it is. So I'm just curious if it even should matter she has these feelings about herself in our relationship. Us being in a relationship has brought her much closer to God, but she still doesn't consider herself a Christian, she prays as I mentioned, and she believe in Christ and the stories of the Bible to be all true and real, and she always says how I'm her blessing from the Lord, she doesn't really have much of anyone else, her family isn't great and outside her home she only has one friend besides me due to her having a hard time with socializing, so she's really thankful for our relationship, and she prays for me a lot. I do worry about her never getting saved or coming to Christ, I really want to know her in Heaven and it's just a huge worry for me that she won't, the main thing she disagrees with is homosexuality being a sin and I feel like that may be a reason why she won't come closer to God. What should I do, if anything, and why do you think she would refuse to get saved if she believes in it all? She always prays forgiveness whenever she sins because she knows that she's done wrong so why would she not get saved if she's aware of herself being a sinner?

Last edited:

Prayesalways

Mar 20, 2019
Indianapolis
✟15,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I've been dating this girl for about six months now, I'm 17 and she's 16, it's a very serious relationship, we both love each other very much. She's not a Christian but she does believe in God and she does pray. anyway she thinks she's bisexual but she's been unsure of her orientation since before we started dating and I really don't know if this should even matter, it does kind of bothers me in a way because I see it as wrong but she doesn't think it is herself, and you can't convince her it is. So I'm just curious if it even should matter she has these feelings about herself in our relationship. Us being in a relationship has brought her much closer to God, but she still doesn't consider herself a Christian, she prays as I mentioned, and she believe in Christ and the stories of the Bible to be all true and real, and she always says how I'm her blessing from the Lord, she doesn't really have much of anyone else, her family isn't great and outside her home she only has one friend besides me due to her having a hard time with socializing, so she's really thankful for our relationship, and she prays for me a lot. I do worry about her never getting saved or coming to Christ, I really want to know her in Heaven and it's just a huge worry for me that she won't, the main thing she disagrees with is homosexuality being a sin and I feel like that may be a reason why she won't come closer to God. What should I do, if anything, and why do you think she would refuse to get saved if she believes in it all? She always prays forgiveness whenever she sins because she knows that she's done wrong so why would she not get saved if she's aware of herself being a sinner?

Upvote 0

Prayesalways

Mar 20, 2019
Indianapolis
✟15,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want to tell you what an amazing young man you are. You have the heart that Jesus Gave you and you are using it. Have you thought about having your girlfriend talk to a youth pastor? If she will, this would be a great thing. You are doing amazing in the fact that you are loving her unconditionally and continue to do so. That is how Jesus Loves us. The most important thing you are already doing is praying about all of it. Jesus knows your heart and he knows her heart. He knows what she has been through. Just keep living for Christ, and being obedient to his word and you will see God is there and changing her. It is God who changes our hearts and lives through prayer and obedience and she loves you and you will be a perfect example to her by living for Christ and praying for her. Remember that it is God's timing to change someone, not ours as frustrating as it can get, he helps us grow and learn through the waiting. I want to leave you with a verse. It is the intentions of our hearts and God knows our hearts. He knows everything about us. He can change someone because he walked as a human on this earth and he knows our worries and pain. Hebrews 2: 18, " Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted." He will help and be there for you both. Proud of you for reaching out and following Christ.

• Friendly
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Two bits of advice.

Dump her and move on. A Christian has no business dating a non-believer whatsoever. You should not be dating a non-christian. Ever. Under any foreseeable circumstance.

Clarify: "Dating" meaning a longer term relationship. If you want to 'date' a non-christian girl once... and maybe reach out to her for Jesus? Ok. ONCE. ONE TIME.

You do not get into a long term relationship with a pagan. (pagan meaning non-believer).

You are a son of G-d almighty, and he has standards for you his warrior for Jesus. It does not include dating people who reject G-d.

You have no business being in a relationship with this woman.

Additionally.... she does not even believe in basic core moral values created by our G-d. There is no clearer reason to not be dating such a woman.

That is my first bit of advice.

Second, you should not be dating. You are not ready to marry. When you are old enough to marry, and wish to be married, then you date and find a wife.

Do not date until you are ready to marry.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
At 16 and with her background, there is little doubt but that she is still forming her beliefs and values.

It is too early to contemplate anything like a marriage or permanent relationship, but you are in the position to gently lead her towards the Christian faith if you do not approach your relationship with her as needing to be settled and set in the short run.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So I've been dating this girl for about six months now, I'm 17 and she's 16, it's a very serious relationship, we both love each other very much. She's not a Christian but she does believe in God and she does pray.

Are you a born-again Christian? If so, why are you in a romantic relationship with someone who isn't a follower of Christ in direct disobedience to the command of God's word? (See 2 Corinthians 6:14-18)

anyway she thinks she's bisexual but she's been unsure of her orientation since before we started dating and I really don't know if this should even matter,

Of course it matters. This confused, warped thinking and feeling your girlfriend has about her sexuality is exactly why you are warned in Scripture to avoid intimate liaisons with non-believers. This girl isn't going to move you toward Christ, she isn't going to move you deeper into a relationship with God, but will instead bring darkness up close to you through your romance with her. God makes no one bisexual. No one. Your girlfriend's "confusion" is a product of the influence of a wicked World upon her and the inclination of her own sinful nature toward such things.

Us being in a relationship has brought her much closer to God, but she still doesn't consider herself a Christian, she prays as I mentioned,

She may pray all she likes, but God tells us in His word:

Isaiah 59:2
2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear.

There is only one prayer God will hear from your girlfriend right now and that is a prayer of repentance from her sinful, godless life and of trust in Christ as her Saviour and Lord. Until she prays such a prayer, all her other prayers are useless.

the main thing she disagrees with is homosexuality being a sin and I feel like that may be a reason why she won't come closer to God.

Sin separates all people from their holy Maker. And if a person separated from God will not accept what God says about sin, they will stand before Him one day, not as His beloved child, but as His enemy destined for eternal hell.

What should I do, if anything, and why do you think she would refuse to get saved if she believes in it all?

Because she doesn't believe in her heart that the Gospel is true. She has merely an intellectual agreement with the contents of the Bible. Until she humbles herself before the truth of the Gospel and submits her life to God to do with as He pleases, until she agrees to live her life in conformity to the truth of Scripture and to God's will, she cannot enter into God's kingdom. The doorway to salvation is only entered by those upon their knees.

Matthew 7:13-14
13 "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
14 "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

• Agree
Reactions: ajcarey
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Bless you brother, perhaps she needs more information from the Bible. She needs to realize that sexual immorality is a natural human nature but as Christians we are commanded by God to refrain from such activity. Now if she is just having thoughts about it then this is completely normal but it doesn’t make her actually bisexual unless she engages in the act. I’m sure you yourself have had lustful thoughts before but unless you allow yourself to dwell on those thoughts or act upon them you are not guilty of sin. It’s only temptation. So perhaps you should explain to her that temptation is a normal thing she will always face throughout her entire life but it doesn’t define who we are. It’s how we deal with temptation that separates us from people who are worldly. Anything I would like to say is be cautious brother. I know at your age lust can be a very powerful adversary so be mindful and don’t put yourself in a situation where you could stumble. Stay in the light brother and may God bless you both.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Invite her to attend church and a youth bible study with you. Being around other Christians can be very beneficial and gives newcomers a sense of normalcy. It helps to show that being a Christian isn’t such an odd thing.

• Winner
Reactions: Pope66
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not trying to make light of your situation. But in today's world, it seems like a lot of girls experiment.

I dated a bisexual girl* when I was a bit older than you. She only had eyes for me... as far as men were concerned. But she would sneak an occasional glance at other girls when she thought I wasn't looking. And I'll be honest, it wasn't very pleasant. Women seemed to find her attractive and it wasn't cool at all, believe me.

So I guess what I'm saying is that you might not have anything to worry about with her sexuality. That may take care of itself in due course. You informed her that homosexual relations are a sin. What she does after that is on her.

Frankly, you might want to keep a closer eye on her faith. You can't be faithful to God for her. But who knows what her future might bring? Maybe someday she'll come to a sincere faith in Our Lord all by herself, for herself. I'm sure you're dating a seriously cool girl. But as things stand, I don't think you should risk heartbreak in a relationship with a non-Christian.

* Well, I say she was bisexual. For her it was a complicated thing. "Not completely straight" might be the better way to phrase it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

The relationship is wrong because you're a child of God and she isn't. Get out and get out now.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Pray for her also ask for prayers for yourself. Maintains a healthy Christian relationship if you must, remember your Creator in all you do so that He will direct you. She knows she sins but isn't eager to change because of the pleasure she gets from it. She needs prayers. God bless

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

I'm not sure if she is aware of her state being a sinner, as oppose to someone who just happens to sin sometimes, which is why she is not accepting the totality of the christian walk. It sounds like you are a great friend to her, but beyond that you have to be clear what standard you have going forward and what God is required of you in terms of a relationship. Do you desire someone who doesn't uphold God like you do? That does not want to be a Christian.Would you build a family around that would you marry to them? If not, how will it serve the both of you to tip-toe this issue? She already established that she doesn't desire to change, she does not see the need to change. The fact that you are bringing it up is because you see it as a barrier. Maybe she is not seeing it as such, but you do. Take note of that.

If I was in your position, I wouldn't continue as a relationship. She sees you as a emotional support which is great because that means that she trust you AS A FRIEND, but if her thoughts are on things that are non-committal, if her sexuality is in the forefront, which believe me I've been there those things are 95% always passing your mind , 110% when you are questioning, then you need to break it off and let her work out her own salvation.

PS if she does need someone to talk to, I am a heavy advocate for those who have walked the road she is on and came out the other side to tell the tale.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

At your age you really shouldn't be getting into serious romantic relationships. All such a relationship will lead to is sin, usually sexual in nature. This girl isn't a Christian and while she claims to believe in a generic God unless she worships the God of scripture she's going to hell. Paul teaches us not to be unequally yoked, which means we shouldn't enter a marriage with an unbeliever. In your case, you're basically dating a girl who isn't a believer so you're setting yourself up to be unequally yoked in the future. I would advise against it. As for the homosexual aspect of this relationship, the fact that she's struggling with the issue is an indication that she isn't stable enough for a serious relationship. Pray for her but break up.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
She's not a Christian but she does believe in God and she does pray. anyway she thinks she's bisexual but she's been unsure of her orientation since before we started dating

The correct term is bi-curiuos. It describes someone with same-sex attractions who hasn’t acted on it yet. Some people never move beyond this point. Some experiment and decide it isn’t for them. Others remain attracted to the idea but never will perform the act.

Someone whose truly bisexual has answered the question. But that doesn’t mean they’ll have relations with both sexes. The label is their recognition of the possibility of engagement. Either in same-sex relationships or in connections outside of their primary relationship with a man.

Hope that cleared things up a bit. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums