Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't want to be married more than one, though I wouldn't mind if my partner and I had sexual contacts/networks with other people. But that's bad and against the Bible and I'm not condoning such behavior. Just being honest what my fleshy sinful desires wants.

Upvote 0

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟36,579.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I wouldn't want to be married more than one, though I wouldn't mind if my partner and I had sexual contacts/networks with other people. But that's bad and against the Bible and I'm not condoning such behavior. Just being honest what my fleshy sinful desires wants.
polyamory?

Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
What would possess a man to want more than one wife? :confused: I would think one would be more than enough. ^_^

samjackson.jpg

...yeah, you're right. I only want one :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brad2009

Feb 10, 2009
USA
✟9,437.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
More than one wife nagging at me to take out the garbage....I think I'd rather jump off a cliff....

I think it would suck if you didn't have any servants, sure....

but with servants to take care of such mundane affairs....

:p - Just the flesh talking

Monogamy is the most stable, wisest choice that a man can make, as well as the happiest over a long term IMO.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
ok here is the advantages and logic to multiple wives (not that I would want more than 1)
1) have them all work and your income for your household is higher
2) have them fight each other so they don't fight with you :p
3) have them compete for your attention and affection :scratch:
4) less chance of hearing the famous "not tonight honey, I got a headache" bit.
5) hopefully a cleaner house, maybe have one help with the yardwork too ;)
6) a divorce would not just cost you but also the remaining wife so either they would both stick with you or both divorce :eek:
7) if both were to kick the bucket you would get twice as much inheritence :p
8) one could get fat and perhaps you would still have one wife that is attractive later in the years (or both would get fat :doh:)
9) when one goes through an female problem and gets emotional you don't have to deal with it... just pawn her off on the other wife ;)
10) twice as many home cooked meals instead of eating out a lot.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
In societies where women aren't allowed a public life a second wife gives them a friend.
From a kids perspective, more kids to play with.
When people get older there are more women than men. Would allow widows to find another husband.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
What would possess a man to want more than one wife? :confused: I would think one would be more than enough. ^_^
I do suspect that it has nothing to do with the male race, and more to do with humanity.

Now, in speaking this, I must confess, being asexy means that I am not speaking from my personal experiences. Indeed if I did, I should say you are all mad and confusing, amirite Alex? ^_^

Nevertheless, the "multiple partners" thing greatly interested and confused me. Being asexy I didn't understand. I thought, I date someone because I love them. Is this not the same for everyone else? And it is really hard to have that deep relationship. And (most) cannot really share it.

But then I asked around, and I found my answer. Its sex, and its a desire that exists for both men and women. Each wants the same thing: sex with multiple people. But, but, here is the kicker. Each wants to have sex with multiple people, but doesn't want their partner- their emotional/spiritual/AND sexual partner- to do the same. Essentially, everyone is really selfish.

Of course, these days, what with these crrraaazzzzzyyy womens rights and everything, we have gender equality, so both sexes see that its kinda a jerky thing to do, and they won't find anyone else who'll let them do this. BUT, back in the day, what with that good old womens oppression and everything, men had the choice to take multiple wives, yah. It didn't matter if it was a jerky thing to do: they wanted sex with multiple women, but they didn't want their partners to have it with anyone else, so what do you do? You marry them, don't you, and you marry several people.

This is excluding genuine poly relationships, which I struggle to understand. I do not negatively judge them: I admire them actually. But in no way could I be that at all. I am selfish and want my partner all to myself. So there. ^_^

Upvote 0

Mess

Jun 12, 2010
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
If I were rich and my wives wouldn't care....I would maybe think about it. More sex, more kids....more sex, more kids, new wife, rinse and repeat. ;)
God does care though, and He doesn't seem in favor of this idea.

For myself, I'd be happy with one loving wife. Better one awesome relationship than 10 so-so relationships.

Upvote 0