visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
So who is this spy? October 6, 2011, presidential candidate Mitt Romney proudly announced that Joseph Cofer Black chosen as one of the "special advisers" to advise Governor Romney on foreign policy strategy, defense issues, intelligence matters, counterterrorism, and regional policy. These advisers will assist Governor Romney as he presents his vision for restoring American leadership in the world and securing our enduring interests and ideals abroad.

Mr. Black brought to this role his extensive background at the CIA, which he joined in 1974 and where he trained for covert operations. He rose rapidly through the ranks, becoming director of the National Counterterrorism Center from 1999 to 2002. Coincidentally, this was the time in which al-Qaeda planned and carried out the 911 attack without hindrance from the counterintelligence apparatus of the Intelligence Community. But Black was not penalized; he failed upward, being appointed ambassador at large and coordinator for counter-terrorism by President George W. Bush in December 2002.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Black was succeeded in his job as director of the National Counterterrorism Center by John Brennan.

Cofer Black left the CIA in 2006 (does anyone ever completely leave the CIA after being a spook?) to join Blackwater, the huge contractor for services related to military and intelligence action, where he served as vice chairman until 2008.

216257_5_.png

C-SPAN video

Fast-forward to February 2017, Black joined the board of directors of Burisma, six months after the departure of Hunter Biden.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Now why would this Burisma oil and gas company want useless executives unless they have some connections or are of some use? No corruption you say. The Biden family's dealings with this Ukrainian company involved getting one of the country's most notorious mob bankers, Ihor Kolomoisky, off the U.S. government visa ban list. Under Biden's leadership, $3 billion in aid went to Ukraine, and his son's company was implicated in the disappearance of $1.8 billion of that money.

Peter Schweizer reveals the former vice president's role in his new book "Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends." The scandal drops with Biden reportedly mulling a 2020 presidential run. Then Trump asks about the President of the Ukraine about it.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
A little background history is needed here. Secretary of State John Kerry announced the U.S. support for Ukraine's nationalist government in March 2014, a month after a mass uprising pushed pro-Russian President Viktor Yanukovych out of office and inspired a corresponding pro-Russian uprising in the east. Biden became the Obama administration's "point person" for the country.

On April 16, 2014, Biden met with Devon Archer, a former star fundraiser for John Kerry's 2004 presidential run and business partner in Rosemont Capital with Biden's son Hunter. Federal agents would later arrest Archer in May 2016 for defrauding a Native American tribe.

Less than a week later (April 22) came an announcement that Archer had joined the board of Burisma, a secretive Ukrainian natural gas company. On May 13, Hunter Biden would also join the company's board.

On the day before Archer's hiring, April 21, the vice president landed in Kiev for high-level meetings with Ukrainian officials. He spearheaded the effort to invest $1 billion from the U.S. and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) into Ukraine.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Burisma hired his son and Archer despite the fact that neither of them had any experience in the energy sector. Schweizer notes, "The choice of Hunter Biden to handle transparency and corporate governance of Burisma is curious, because Biden had little if any experience in Ukrainian law, or professional legal counsel, period."

Furthermore, Hunter Biden "seemed undeterred by the fact that as he was joining the Burisma board the British government's Serious Fraud Office (SFO) was seizing $23 million from [founder Mykola] Zlochevsky's bank accounts." Furthermore, a year after Biden joined the firm, "experienced industry observers warned investors that Burisma was still a company to be avoided."

On the other hand, Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. Out of 148 nations studied by the World Economic Forum, Ukraine ranks 143 for property rights, 130 for "irregular payments and bribes," 133 for "favoritism in decisions of government officials," and 146 for "protection of minority shareholders' interests." But you think there is nothing to see here.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Zlochevsky founded Burisma in Cyprus in 2006. He served as natural resources minister under Yanukovych, and gave himself the licenses to develop the country's abundant gas fields. He also had a flare for lavishness, running a super-exclusive fashion boutique named after himself.

Burisma's major subsidiaries ended up sharing the same business address as the natural gas firm controlled by Ukrainian oligarch Ihor Kolomoisky. He controlled the country's largest financial institution, ProvatBank, through which the Ukrainian military and government workers got paid. He also owned media companies and airlines. In violation of Ukraine law, he maintained Ukrainian, Israeli, and Cypriot passports.

Kolomoisky gained a reputation for violence and brutality, along with lawlessness. Rival oligarchs have sued him for alleged involvement in "murders and beheadings" related to a business deal. He also allegedly used "hired rowdies armed with baseball bats, iron bars, gas and rubber bullet pistols and chainsaws" to take over a steel plant in 2006. He built his multibillion-dollar empire by "raiding" other companies, forcing them to merge with his own using brute force.

For these and other reasons, the U.S. government placed Kolomoisky on its visa ban list, prohibiting him from entering the country legally. In 2015, however, after Hunter Biden and Devon Archer had joined Burisma's board, Kolomoisky was given admittance back into the U.S.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Archer and the younger Biden brought other benefits to Burisma, however. Archer represented the company at the Louisiana Gulf Coast Oil Exposition in 2015. Biden addressed the Energy Security for the Future conference in Monaco. The vice president's son brought much-needed legitimacy to the shoddy gas company.

Less than a month after Archer joined Burisma's board, the company hired another Kerry lackey, David Leiter, as a lobbyist in Washington, D.C. He successfully lobbied for more aid to the country.

Both Biden and Kerry championed $1.8 billion in taxpayer-backed loans to be given to Ukraine courtesy of the IMF. That money would go directly through Kolomoisky's PrivatBank, and then it would disappear.

According to the Ukrainian anticorruption watchdog Nashi Groshi, "This transaction of $1.8 billion ... with the help of fake contracts was simply an asset siphoning operation."

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
In December 2016, Ukraine's government was forced to nationalize Privatbank in order to shore up Ukrainians' savings. A Ukrainian lawmaker called it the "greatest robbery of Ukraine's state budget of the millennium."

In February 2016, the government seized Burisma founder Zlochevsky's assets and placed him on Ukraine's wanted list. The Ukrainian Prosecutor General's Office seized Burisma's gas wells.

Even so, four days before Joe Biden arrived for his "swan song" visit in January 2017, the criminal investigation into Burisma was dropped.

Devon Archer left the company at the end of 2016, but Hunter Biden remains on the board and continues to provide legal assistance. Archer and Biden have not been required to disclose their compensation from Burisma, but Bowling Green State University professor Oliver Boyd-Barrett wrote, "Potentially, the Biden family could become billionaires."

Did Joe Biden get Burisma off the hook for $1.8 billion in lost aid funding? Did he or his son get Kolomoisky off the visa ban list? Schweizer says the Bidens did not return numerous requests for comment.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Schweizer's book also reveals extensive Biden- and Kerry-related corruption in China, with Hunter Biden's company even investing in a Chinese company under FBI investigation for stealing U.S. nuclear secrets.

Should Congress or the FBI open an investigation?

Schweizer's last book, "Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich," helped inspire the FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton, and may have contributed to her defeat in 2016. Could this book have the same effect for Biden in 2020?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Excuse me … Biden wasn't committing the right crime, is that what you are saying?

Biden wasn't committing a crime at all. If Trump had not been withholding aid on the condition that Zelensky help him with his political troubles, there wouldn't have been a crime.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There has been some evidence of corruption in China:

In the midst of that scandal, Trump upped the ante by stating on live national television that “China should start an investigation into the Bidens, because what happened in China is just about as bad as what happened with Ukraine.”

In November 2018, the government transparency advocacy group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) published a statement linking to source documents revealing that “Presidential adviser Ivanka Trump’s fashion brand had just won first trial approval for 16 new trademarks (which had been applied for back in 2016) from the Chinese government.

CREW stated that the trademarking of Ivanka Trump-branded items in China continues to be ethically problematic:

This is far from the first time that Ivanka’s Chinese trademarks have raised ethics questions. In May 2018, Ivanka Trump’s business received approval for several new Chinese trademarks a week before President Trump announced that he wanted to lift the ban on the Chinese company ZTE, for violating US sanctions. In 2017, the business received three new Chinese trademarks on the same day she dined with Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Since she has retained her foreign trademarks, the public will continue to have to ask whether President Trump has made foreign policy decisions in the interest of his and his family’s businesses.

Although Ivanka Trump’s now reportedly shut-down brand may hold a variety of trademarks in China, it’s unlikely she’ll be involved in manufacturing sausage casings or voting machines in the foreseeable future.
Did China Grant a Trademark to Ivanka Trump for Voting Machines?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There is evidence for corruption involving the children of American politicians in China:

In November 2018, the government transparency advocacy group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) published a statement linking to source documents revealing that “Presidential adviser Ivanka Trump’s fashion brand had just won first trial approval for 16 new trademarks (which had been applied for back in 2016) from the Chinese government.
This is far from the first time that Ivanka’s Chinese trademarks have raised ethics questions. In May 2018, Ivanka Trump’s business received approval for several new Chinese trademarks a week before President Trump announced that he wanted to lift the ban on the Chinese company ZTE, for violating US sanctions. In 2017, the business received three new Chinese trademarks on the same day she dined with Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Ivanka receives preliminary approval for these new Chinese trademarks while her father continues to wage a trade war with China. Since she has retained her foreign trademarks, the public will continue to have to ask whether President Trump has made foreign policy decisions in the interest of his and his family’s businesses.
Did China Grant a Trademark to Ivanka Trump for Voting Machines?

Ann Coulter, a right-wing political pundit, brought up first daughter Ivanka Trump's controversial Chinese trademark approvals after a report Tuesday night that a woman carrying two Chinese passports was arrested for unlawfully entering President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort on Saturday

Yujing Zhang was charged with unlawfully entering the Palm Beach resort on Saturday with a thumb drive that contained malware, and lying to Secret Service agents about her intentions, The Wall Street Journal reported.
"Yes, but on the upside, Ivanka got three new trademarks approved in China!" Coulter tweeted, along with a link to the story on Zhang
Ann Coulter mocks Ivanka Trump's China trademark approvals as an "upside" after Chinese woman arrested at Mar-a-Lago

BEIJING — China this month awarded Ivanka Trump seven new trademarks across a broad collection of businesses, including books, housewares and cushions.

At around the same time, President Trump vowed to find a way to prevent a major Chinese telecommunications company from going bust, even though the company has a history of violating American limits on doing business with countries like Iran and North Korea.
Ivanka Trump Wins China Trademarks, Then Her Father Vows to Save ZTE

The unbridled potential for corruption from President Trump’s decision to maintain his international businesses casts a constant shadow over American foreign policy. The latest questionable example comes in the form of two new Trump trademarks in Argentina.

Donald Trump’s business received approval for two new trademarks in Argentina on November 6, according to a trademark database review by CREW. These are the first Argentinian trademarks that have been granted to one of Trump’s companies since he took office. A closer examination of the time frame surrounding the application and registration of these trademarks reveals that they coincided with the Trump administration’s reversals on tariffs on Argentina.
Trump’s business applied for the trademarks in late December 2017. Shortly after the close of the trademark opposition period, in May of 2018, the United States reached a deal with Argentina and a few other countries to permanently eliminate tariffs on aluminum and steel, on the condition that the countries agreed to limit steel exports.
US Held Off on Tariffs while Argentina Reviewed Trump Trademarks - CREW

This kind of corruption will likely be an issue in the campaign.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Fox News poll delivers devastating news to Trump on impeachment
According to a new Fox News poll released on Sunday morning, a clear majority of respondents — beyond the margin of error — believe Donald Trump should be convicted by the U.S. Senate for impeachable crimes and removed from office.

According to the poll, “On impeachment, by a 50-44 percent margin, voters think the Senate should vote to convict Trump and remove him from office. Most Democrats say remove (81 percent) and most Republicans disagree (84 percent). Among independents, more say Trump should be removed by a 19-point margin (53-34 percent)
Fox News poll delivers devastating news to Trump on impeachment

This is the largest margin of opinion in favor of removal by a major poll this year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A Fox News host on Monday said he was "stunned" by a poll from Fox News that found more than half of all Americans would prefer to see President Donald Trump impeached.

The host, Brian Kilmeade, expressed incredulity on the channel's morning show, Fox & Friends. He referred to a poll released by Fox News on Sunday, which was conducted among 1,000 randomly selected registered voters between December 8 and 11.

"It says 50 percent of the country want the president impeached," Kilmeade said. "I was stunned to see that that's the number, because I thought that things were trending away—although the president's approval rating did take up in the same poll. So, it's almost like a split personality."
Fox News host "stunned" by Fox News poll showing majority support Trump's impeachment

Actually, it was 50% wanted Trump impeached and removed, according to Fox News Poll. Another 4% wanted Trump impeached, but not removed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Biden wasn't committing a crime at all. If Trump had not been withholding aid on the condition that Zelensky help him with his political troubles, there wouldn't have been a crime.
Making millions on the side due to position, involving son in the scheme, backing a gangster from the Ukraine, get rid of the prosecutor through threats of 1 Billion in aid...[ which is 100x more than what Trump never said he would withhold]. etc etc etc... is not a crime

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
A Fox News host on Monday said he was "stunned" by a poll from Fox News that found more than half of all Americans would prefer to see President Donald Trump impeached.

The host, Brian Kilmeade, expressed incredulity on the channel's morning show, Fox & Friends. He referred to a poll released by Fox News on Sunday, which was conducted among 1,000 randomly selected registered voters between December 8 and 11.

"It says 50 percent of the country want the president impeached," Kilmeade said. "I was stunned to see that that's the number, because I thought that things were trending away—although the president's approval rating did take up in the same poll. So, it's almost like a split personality."
Fox News host "stunned" by Fox News poll showing majority support Trump's impeachment

Actually, it was 50% wanted Trump impeached and removed, according to Fox News Poll. Another 4% wanted Trump impeached, but not removed.
More attend Trump rallies than all the Democratic Party rallies combined. 100,000 in New Jersey is but an example. I say attendance rallies speak louder than any poll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
More attend Trump rallies than all the democrat party rallies combined. 100,000 in New Jersey is but an example. I say attendance rallies speak louder than any poll.

Because rallies are scientifically sampled to be sure they represent all Americans, right? Oh, wait...

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Making millions on the side due to position,

Technically, he's Trump's son-in-law, not his son...

President Donald Trump’s failson-in-law Jared Kushner may be a high ranking White House employee, but that hasn’t stopped him from reaping the benefits of being an uber-wealthy scion to a deeply sketchy real estate empire. According to a new report, one of the real estate companies Kushner partially owns has been the recipient of nearly $100 million in foreign investments since papa Trump took office.

The Guardian reported on Monday that Cadre, a company Kushner founded and in which he owns a partial stake, received $90 million in foreign investments over the past two years. All the money was funneled to the company by Goldman Sachs through the Cayman Islands, which means the source of the money is anonymous.
Foreign Investors Reportedly Pushed $90 Million Into a Kushner Company

involving son in the scheme, backing a gangster from the Ukraine

I think it was less his corrupt behavior, and more that he was supported by Putin that led Trump to want him retained as prosecutor.

get rid of the prosecutor through threats of 1 Billion in aid...

Actually, he didn't want to get rid of a prosecutor; he wanted Ukraine to set up a phony "investigation" of Biden for political purposes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Technically, he's Trump's son-in-law, not his son...

President Donald Trump’s failson-in-law Jared Kushner may be a high ranking White House employee, but that hasn’t stopped him from reaping the benefits of being an uber-wealthy scion to a deeply sketchy real estate empire. According to a new report, one of the real estate companies Kushner partially owns has been the recipient of nearly $100 million in foreign investments since papa Trump took office.

The Guardian reported on Monday that Cadre, a company Kushner founded and in which he owns a partial stake, received $90 million in foreign investments over the past two years. All the money was funneled to the company by Goldman Sachs through the Cayman Islands, which means the source of the money is anonymous.
Foreign Investors Reportedly Pushed $90 Million Into a Kushner Company

I think it was less his corrupt behavior, and more that he was supported by Putin that led Trump to want him retained as prosecutor.

Actually, he didn't want to get rid of a prosecutor; he wanted Ukraine to set up a phony "investigation" of Biden for political purposes.
That is not what Biden was bragging..

Upvote 0