Country
Norway
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
There's still a couple of hours until my doctors appointment and I'm out of medicine to use against the panic disorder, and it's horrible to sit and try to keep control of the mind while it feels like a storm is raging within me. I so do not look forward to public transportation now, and I can't even get myself into the shower at the moment, and feel like it would be better if I were dead. I have to get over this peak without getting into problems with drugs again.

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I am praying for your strength to come forward. Praying for relief from this horrible condition. Praying you will be able to fight through the intrusive thought and repeat to yourself "I'm ok, this is my condition, I will get better."

I have the same condition and risk. I find tactile and temperature stimulation can ease the symptoms of my anxiety and cravings. Like rubbing ice in my hands or running it up and down my arms, splashing ice cold water on my face and things like that. I pray you can find some form of physical stimulation to help counter these symptoms.

That's all they are, symptoms, the feelings are not who you are, they are symptoms of an imbalance you have that will be much helped when you can get to your doc and get your medicine.

I pray God's blessings on your health and your life.

Upvote 0

Melody Suttles

SingPeace
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2018
Atlanta
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Lord God, You have redeemed and summoned Alv by name and Alv is Yours and will not fear. (Isaiah 43:1)

Alv casts all anxiety on You because You care. (1 Peter 5:7)

Alv is Your beloved and will rest secure in You for You are a shield all day long, and Alv will rest between Your shoulders. (Deut 33:12)

Alv can do all things through Christ who strengthens. (Philippians 4:13)

Alv has been given authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy. (Luke 10:19)

God, You have not given Alv a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)

Lord, help Alv to take up the shield of faith, with which can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. (Ephesians 6:16)

Alv's weapons are not carnal, but mighty in God. They have divine power to demolish strongholds. (2 Cor 10:4)

Help Alv take captive every thought that tries to exalt itself above the knowledge of You, God. (2 Cor 10:5)

You will never leave - never forsake your precious child. (Heb 13:5)

You are faithful and will strengthen and protect Alv from the evil one. (2 Thess 3:3)

Alv will have grace and peace in abundance through knowing You, God and Jesus as Lord. (2 Peter 1:2)

Lord, help Alv to not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present all requests to You. And Your peace, which transcends all understanding, will guard Alv's heart and mind in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

Help Alv to submit to You, God; to resist the devil, and to cause the devil to flee. (James 4:7)

Help Alv to set heart and mind on things above, where Christ is seated at Your right hand. (Colossians 3:1)

Nothing can separate Alv from Your love, God. (Romans 8:38)

You began a good work in Alv, and You will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Phil 1:6)

Lord, keep Alv in perfect peace and let Alv's mind be steadfast when trusting you. Help Alv trust You God. (Isaiah 26:3)

In Jesus name I pray. Amen!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There's still a couple of hours until my doctors appointment and I'm out of medicine to use against the panic disorder, and it's horrible to sit and try to keep control of the mind while it feels like a storm is raging within me. I so do not look forward to public transportation now, and I can't even get myself into the shower at the moment, and feel like it would be better if I were dead. I have to get over this peak without getting into problems with drugs again.
Alv, I don't know anything. But I prayed that God would help you get better.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Have you memorIzed the Lords Prayer yet? That might help you a lot and is one you can repeat if you have it memorized.

It goes:

Our Father who art in Heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name
Thy Kingdom Come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
For Thine is the Kingdom and the power and the Glory forever
Amen.

It's from the Bible in Matthew 6 and how Jesus taught us to pray. :) it's easy enough to say, and I love it...

I'll pray for you as well. I'm very sorry your struggling today.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am praying for your strength to come forward. Praying for relief from this horrible condition. Praying you will be able to fight through the intrusive thought and repeat to yourself "I'm ok, this is my condition, I will get better."

I have the same condition and risk. I find tactile and temperature stimulation can ease the symptoms of my anxiety and cravings. Like rubbing ice in my hands or running it up and down my arms, splashing ice cold water on my face and things like that. I pray you can find some form of physical stimulation to help counter these symptoms.

That's all they are, symptoms, the feelings are not who you are, they are symptoms of an imbalance you have that will be much helped when you can get to your doc and get your medicine.

Lord God, You have redeemed and summoned Alv by name and Alv is Yours and will not fear. (Isaiah 43:1)

Alv casts all anxiety on You because You care. (1 Peter 5:7)

Alv is Your beloved and will rest secure in You for You are a shield all day long, and Alv will rest between Your shoulders. (Deut 33:12)

Alv can do all things through Christ who strengthens. (Philippians 4:13)

Alv has been given authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy. (Luke 10:19)

God, You have not given Alv a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)

Lord, help Alv to take up the shield of faith, with which can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. (Ephesians 6:16)

Alv's weapons are not carnal, but mighty in God. They have divine power to demolish strongholds. (2 Cor 10:4)

Help Alv take captive every thought that tries to exalt itself above the knowledge of You, God. (2 Cor 10:5)

You will never leave - never forsake your precious child. (Heb 13:5)

You are faithful and will strengthen and protect Alv from the evil one. (2 Thess 3:3)

Alv will have grace and peace in abundance through knowing You, God and Jesus as Lord. (2 Peter 1:2)

Lord, help Alv to not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present all requests to You. And Your peace, which transcends all understanding, will guard Alv's heart and mind in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

Help Alv to submit to You, God; to resist the devil, and to cause the devil to flee. (James 4:7)

Help Alv to set heart and mind on things above, where Christ is seated at Your right hand. (Colossians 3:1)

Nothing can separate Alv from Your love, God. (Romans 8:38)

You began a good work in Alv, and You will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Phil 1:6)

Lord, keep Alv in perfect peace and let Alv's mind be steadfast when trusting you. Help Alv trust You God. (Isaiah 26:3)

In Jesus name I pray. Amen!

Alv, I don't know anything. But I prayed that God would help you get better.

Have you memorIzed the Lords Prayer yet? That might help you a lot and is one you can repeat if you have it memorized.

It goes:

Our Father who art in Heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name
Thy Kingdom Come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
For Thine is the Kingdom and the power and the Glory forever
Amen.

It's from the Bible in Matthew 6 and how Jesus taught us to pray. :) it's easy enough to say, and I love it...

I'll pray for you as well. I'm very sorry your struggling today.

Praying for you right now :)

2020-11-11 05.52.29 www.google.com fa4c91e2d652.png

Upvote 0

Elfkind

Jul 21, 2015
Bergen
✟19,493.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Thank you everyone for your prayers, it did help me a lot actually, and I was able to think that it was "just a panic attack" and didn't ever loose control and get into a totally out of control condition, and normally I'm usually sure that I'm about to die in such situations, that I'm having a stroke, that something serious is wrong with my health etc. So I regained sanity, and my doctor was very happy to hear about a deep sense of understanding I had gotten of how I don't fear as much anymore to reduce the amount of very strong medications I'm using, nor that anything catastrophic will happen. That might sound like a silly thing to many, but for me this is amazing progress, and I've felt things have just become better and better since I first started to spend time again on these forums, and specially this part of the forum, that have to do with prayer. May God reward all of you for your loving words and prayers, and bless you and yours, in the name of Jesus, amen.:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elfkind

Jul 21, 2015
Bergen
✟19,493.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

The worst thing is the feeling that "Now I'm going to loose control", and the paralyzing fear, and not ever understanding what trigger these situations, because they are totally random it seem, in how often it happen and it what situation. What you're saying about temperature stimulation sound interesting, because when they panic is racing through the body, it's like I get frozen inside and as if I get plunged into something very cold, as a bathtub with ice-cubes. I feel the need to just lie down on the floor, wrap myself together to a ball, and desperate for the feeling of horror to vanish. I just sat in my chair for 3-4 hours or so, completely paralyzed, but I was, for the very first time, able to just focus on that it is "just anxiety".

The problem with medication, is that I don't have as strong medications as people with panic disorders usually have, because I'm already a morphine addict and have to use methadone every day in a government controlled "medical rehabilitation" program, since this is considered an incurable sickness and something I'm not likely to ever heal from. And things like for example Xanax and other fast-working meds are simply unavailable for me, because of how I am a former drug-addict.

Thanks for sharing your insight. It always help to hear from others that know how this is like. Some of the worst that can ever happen is the horror of having become insane for real, and that there's no path back to a sane mind. Having a feeling that I want to scream, but so scared that if I start screaming I won't be able to stop.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you everyone for your prayers, it did help me a lot actually, and I was able to think that it was "just a panic attack" and didn't ever loose control and get into a totally out of control condition, and normally I'm usually sure that I'm about to die in such situations, that I'm having a stroke, that something serious is wrong with my health etc. So I regained sanity, and my doctor was very happy to hear about a deep sense of understanding I had gotten of how I don't fear as much anymore to reduce the amount of very strong medications I'm using, nor that anything catastrophic will happen. That might sound like a silly thing to many, but for me this is amazing progress, and I've felt things have just become better and better since I first started to spend time again on these forums, and specially this part of the forum, that have to do with prayer. May God reward all of you for your loving words and prayers, and bless you and yours, in the name of Jesus, amen.:amen:

I'm glad to hear your feeling better... :) All praise to God...

• Friendly
Reactions: Elfkind
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The worst thing is the feeling that "Now I'm going to loose control", and the paralyzing fear, and not ever understanding what trigger these situations, because they are totally random it seem, in how often it happen and it what situation. What you're saying about temperature stimulation sound interesting, because when they panic is racing through the body, it's like I get frozen inside and as if I get plunged into something very cold, as a bathtub with ice-cubes. I feel the need to just lie down on the floor, wrap myself together to a ball, and desperate for the feeling of horror to vanish. I just sat in my chair for 3-4 hours or so, completely paralyzed, but I was, for the very first time, able to just focus on that it is "just anxiety".

The problem with medication, is that I don't have as strong medications as people with panic disorders usually have, because I'm already a morphine addict and have to use methadone every day in a government controlled "medical rehabilitation" program, since this is considered an incurable sickness and something I'm not likely to ever heal from. And things like for example Xanax and other fast-working meds are simply unavailable for me, because of how I am a former drug-addict.

Thanks for sharing your insight. It always help to hear from others that know how this is like. Some of the worst that can ever happen is the horror of having become insane for real, and that there's no path back to a sane mind. Having a feeling that I want to scream, but so scared that if I start screaming I won't be able to stop.
Know that you are not alone. Full disclosure, I too am in a methadone maintenance program and have been denied medication that I am positive would help me. I was given something akin to Benadryl and it did absolutely nothing.

That is when I got into a DBT program (Dialectical Behavior Therapy). It's similar to Cognitive Behavior Therapy. There I learned the academic side of what a panic attack is and a thousand different mantras and stimulation techniques that have helped me quite a bit. It was a year and a half process including pharmacological treatment and talk therapy multiple times a week.

I still struggle but I am semi-functional at this point. That is why your story has touched me so deeply. I have gone through half a dozen outpatient, inpatient, and partial hospitalization programs and what I learned is I have to keep doing them whenever I can't function. Praying for an intervention that helps you find a way through this medical condition. Praying that you are able to be compassionate with yourself, knowing that you are worthy of love and support.

Still praying for your health and safety. Praying that you can make it through the next storm one day at a time. Praying for your soul to be at peace.

Upvote 0