Dec 16, 2013
✟9,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm tired of living in this so-called "fallen world." Call me a Pharisee, but it seems like I'm the only one concerned about "righteousness." Maybe that's because I'm tired of hearing about mothers killing their children, about husbands abusing their wives, about people dying of overdoses because they want relief from their awful lives.

I don't care if God has a plan. I don't care if this is a fallen world. Call me childish, but I'm angry about it. I barely watch the news anymore because it depresses me. Sometimes I hate being a female in a man's world. I want to marry but there's always the risk of divorce or catching my husband using inappropriate contentography, etc.

I hate these ongoing wars against God's children. What loving father would allow such atrocities to happen to them? I don't care if the Bible said it would happen. I'm so blessed and I feel guilty for it. No amount of money donations or preaching is going to change some people's minds. I may be cynical, but at least I have reason to be.

Reactions: Hieronymus

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear historyprincess710. You are right, there is much going on which could make us down-hearted, but there is also
much worth fighting for. God is Love and God gave us free will to choose our own way. In Matthew 22: 35-40:
Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself. (my neighbour is all I know and all I meet, friends and not friends.) Matthew 7: 7-10: tells us: " Ask and you shall receive," we ask God for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. We keep asking and thanking God, then share all love and joy with our neighbour. Love is very catching, and we will find that people will treat us as we treat people. We will gradually change into the men and women which God wants us to be. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us and carry on loving and caring, be kind and helpful, if needed.
The Bible tells us to " Repent and be Born Again," change from being selfish and unforgiving to love and forgive.
The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY. It is a bit strange at the beginning, but soon we will turn into the sons and daughters which our Heavenly Father wants.
Instead of complaining let us try and change this imperfect world into the world which Jesus died for, just remember those two Commandments on which hang all the Law and the Prophets: Matthew 22: verse 40: Love God and love our neighbour. I say this with love, historyprincess. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2013
✟9,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Love is a very nice thing but it can't fix all your problems. There are terrible people in the world who do evil and horrible things, and "love" can't make them nice people. And why bother trying to fix the world anyway when in the end, God does it and gets all the credit?

And if free-will really is the cause, then we shouldn't have had it to begin with. Think about it. There'd be no evil or pain and God would have exactly what he wants from us. Everyone wins.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This whole perspective must pass through ones world view.

1. God really meant for everything to be simply peachy but one of His creations messed it all up. God sent Jesus but few seem to care so they just took over everything and God is trying to make things better but its just not working out.

Or....

2. God created everything and has one specific project going on (the world made of Boson particles that show up in the Higgs field) to verify whether or not certain beings (us) will choose to worship Him or self. He will use those who pass the test to further His creative work in the future in various dimensions.

Or maybe not......

Upvote 0

Teslafied

Watt is love? Baby don't hertz me no more.
Apr 27, 2016
NC
✟16,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Our righteousness is nothing but filthy rags, we all need the Lord.

I wish we didn't live in a fallen world but we do and we must make the best of our stay, we can do so by extending grace that same grace that Jesus has extended us. I'm not saying that we are excusing sin, but we must learn that we've all fallen short of Gods glory and this is why we have the blood of Jesus to wash our sins away.

All we can do is try to live out our lives to the best of our abilities and just trust in Him.

Sometimes I feel like I can't go on but I have to trust in Gods plan.

Upvote 0