I'm terrified I might be here forever': WNBA star Brittney Griner writes letter to Joe Biden...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...asking him to 'do all you can' to bring her and other American prisoners home from Russia

• Imprisoned WNBA star Brittney Griner is pleading with President Joe Biden to help her and other American detainees escape Russian detention
  • In her first public message since being arrested on drug charges in February, Griner begged for her freedom and said she's scared she'll never leave Russia
  • Griner's supporters have encouraged a prisoner swap like the one in April that brought home Marine veteran Trevor Reed in exchange for a Russian convict
  • Russian news media have repeatedly raised speculation that she could be swapped for Russian arms trader Viktor Bout, nicknamed 'the Merchant of Death'
  • Griner went on trial Friday, 4 1/2 months after her arrest on charges of possessing cannabis oil while returning to play for a Russian club team
  • She is considered by the US government to be wrongfully detained
Imprisoned WNBA star Brittney Griner is pleading with President Joe Biden to help her and other American detainees escape Russia.

Continued below.
WNBA star Brittney Griner writes letter to Biden asking him to 'do all you can' to bring her home | Daily Mail Online

• Prayers
Reactions: Lukaris

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
TOugh trade, a tennis player for an arms dealer. I feel bad for her. I'm sure she's not in the best of conditions. Russia doesn't play.
So we could liberate an arms dealer just to get her back? Fair trade?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's harsh for me to say this, and I feel for her, but when you get right down to it, anybody that travels into a foreign country with any substance that could be considered suspect or unlawful, or even unofficially frowned upon, is just....plain....stupid.

These celebs get used to having their celeb status putting them out of reach of all sorts of things over here----and they think they can get away with the same things in hard-line countries like Russia.

But Russia is not the U.S. of A., and when they get nailed, it comes as a horrific shock to them.

"But it's just a little cannabis oil!" Yeah, well, over here, cannabis oil is a controlled substance, sweet pea. But we will grant you one concession: we promise that the concentration camp we send you to will be west of the Urals and below the Arctic Circle.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
When you travel abroad, you should familiarize yourself with the laws of the country you travel to, because if you run afoul of them, there’s not much your government can do for you.

What about the Americans locked away in Mexican prisons because they were caught with a little weed while on vacation there? Who’s Biden going to trade for them?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
She was in the wrong place at the wrong time. They are going to keep her there.
She violated drug laws. Not every place in the world is like California. She is an unhappy victim of the need to do the time for having done the crime. If she didn't consider it a crime in Russia she was either dense or acting out of some sense of overblown personal privilege.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
She violated drug laws. Not every place in the world is like California. She is an unhappy victim of the need to do the time for having done the crime. If she didn't consider it a crime in Russia she was either dense or acting out of some sense of overblown personal privilege.

There seems to be some kind of expectation that a professional athlete should be a higher priority for the government than citizens of other professions.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Actually you were saying something about a tennis player. Greiner's game is basketball last I checked.
Did I say that? I don't think so again. I think I just said I feel bad for her. Your mistake I guess ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Did I say that? I don't think so again. I think I just said I feel bad for her. Your mistake I guess ^_^
Whatever. Going back to look at what was posted is indeed possible.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There seems to be some kind of expectation that a professional athlete should be a higher priority for the government than citizens of other professions.
Maybe that a LGBTQWERTY++ person should be a higher priority than other citizens. We'll see how this humanitarian crisis works it's way out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What about the Americans locked away in Mexican prisons because they were caught with a little weed while on vacation there? Who’s Biden going to trade for them?

Oooh! Oooh! I know! How about 60 million illegal aliens? :)

Oh she's one of those people?

Apparently. She said in her letter to Stumblin' Joe that she "misses her wife". Of course, her picture seems to show that she has an Adam's apple, so maybe she's...... :scratch: ......God knows, these days.

I've also read that she's another one of those "I hate America, it's so racist and oppressive, wah, wah, wah!" types; I don't really know too much about her (never heard of her before this story came up, TBH), but if that report is accurate, then she's right where she needs to be.

• Agree
Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oooh! Oooh! I know! How about 60 million illegal aliens? :)

Apparently. She said in her letter to Stumblin' Joe that she "misses her wife". Of course, her picture seems to show that she has an Adam's apple, so maybe she's...... :scratch: ......God knows, these days.

I've also read that she's another one of those "I hate America, it's so racist and oppressive, wah, wah, wah!" types; I don't really know too much about her (never heard of her before this story came up, TBH), but if that report is accurate, then she's right where she needs to be.

Yeah I never heard of her either till she got put in jail in Russia. Wow, an Adam's apple. Yeah you never know what anyone is these days! It's all so crazy. And if she said those negative things about the US then she better not hold her breath waiting for anyone to try to get her out!

Upvote 0