Mar 6, 2017
new york
✟21,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is?

What about the verse "be angry... but do not sin in your anger"?

your taking it out of context. if you are referring to Ephesians 4:26 because if you keep reading untill Ephesians 4:31-32 he says

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

and just before both texts he is speaking about puting away our sin and he is referring to the anger that we might feel in that process. so why command us to be angry and than turn around and say forgive and love? hes not saying to continue in anger but to be aware of it and take it down. so that we dont breed our sin.
:prayer:

Last edited:
Reactions: byhisgrace7
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It is?

What about the verse "be angry... but do not sin in your anger"?
Correct- it is written "be constantly angry with righteous indignation, and do not let the sun go down on your anger"
i.e. let the anger be the same as God's Anger at men,
and at wickedness/ at evil,
BUT not like man's anger which does not work the righteousness of God -

God's Anger, like Godly Sorrow, works the work of God,
and God's Word says to have God's Attitude (by God's Grace in Jesus, constantly)

Man's anger, like man's dinosaur tears, is for show or selfish and does not do what God wants.

Upvote 0

catmommy

Feb 9, 2008
✟15,639.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
There is no biblical reason to despise someone based on their political views. Each Christian has a burden and gift for the good works God would have them do in his name. Some lean more toward the unchanging truth of God's word and may find themselves Republican. Others have a burden for love for the poor and marginalized and find themselves voting Democratic. Both are biblical principles and one is not more Christian than another.

Each party is filled with true christians, those who are not concerned about God at all, and those who are spiritually confused. Any value statement that tries to elevate on party as more "righteous" than the other is based strictly on human pride and opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There is no biblical reason to despise someone based on their political views. Each Christian has a burden and gift for the good works God would have them do in his name. Some lean more toward the unchanging truth of God's word and may find themselves Republican. Others have a burden for love for the poor and marginalized and find themselves voting Democratic. Both are biblical principles and one is not more Christian than another.

Each party is filled with true christians, those who are not concerned about God at all, and those who are spiritually confused. Any value statement that tries to elevate on party as more "righteous" than the other is based strictly on human pride and opinion.
We are told not to make judgements/ decisions based on what we can physically see and hear,
especially not because of politics, at all.
The true judgment/ appraisal/ is much much different
than you posted, but is not to be based on anything you posted - rather as Jesus says "Judge righteously, with the Father's judgment, not man's, no not of the flesh ever",
if most of any politic party in power was Christian not just the form of Christian, it is possible there would not have ever been any legal approval nor ever even any consideration of abortion or gay rights or any such thing. So, no , politics does not work the righteousness of God, unless the leaders DO the righteousness of God,
and most of the country, or much of the county , has been in a rebellious uproar at just that slight possibility of that happening this year.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
so why command us to be angry
I have more to say on this, but this thread isn't the place for it.

Noname is dealing with his mom's instruction to "despise others"....and that's all together different....so I don't want to take this thread off topic by commenting further on "anger".

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

catmommy

Feb 9, 2008
✟15,639.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
We are told not to make judgements/ decisions based on what we can physically see and hear,
especially not because of politics, at all.
The true judgment/ appraisal/ is much much different
than you posted, but is not to be based on anything you posted - rather as Jesus says "Judge righteously, with the Father's judgment, not man's, no not of the flesh ever",
if most of any politic party in power was Christian not just the form of Christian, it is possible there would not have ever been any legal approval nor ever even any consideration of abortion or gay rights or any such thing. So, no , politics does not work the righteousness of God, unless the leaders DO the righteousness of God,
and most of the country, or much of the county , has been in a rebellious uproar at just that slight possibility of that happening this year.

I don't think either party does righteousness. Christians vote on what they feel the greatest priority should be-and that involves a lot of personal opinion and judgement. Does preventing abortion have a higher value than healthcare and benefits for the poor? The Bible doesn't give us priority. It is personal opinion and personal beliefs that rank one above the other not righteousness.

Like I said the desire to be "right" in the political argument and heiarchy of needs causes people to make outlandish judgements against those who don't ageee with them. Both parties have their good and bad points. No one is more righteous or Christian than another.

Upvote 0

Vi

Sep 17, 2004
Central Ohio
✟18,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can that possibly cause one to have a faith dilemma? I'm scratching my head.

Maybe your parents are getting things wrong... You have to accept that your parents don't necessarily know as much as... Your Bible. So you have to make decisions based on what you know now , and constantly keep pursuing the Word and adjusting your stances as you learn more.

I consider people saying to not care abt a group of people... Well... Is that a Xian act? Maybe you've been taught Xians hate people. Maybe you haven't heard to hate the sin but love the sinner (we're all sinners)...

Good luck, pray abt it always and study the Bible. Once you are a Xian the HS is there to guide and teach.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

Ed1wolf

Dec 26, 2002
South Carolina
✟132,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Only believe God's Word, not parents, men, scholars, etc etc etc....

God's Word says a good soldier (of Christ, someone/anyone following Jesus)
DOES NOT
get involved/ entangled/ in the affairs of this society/ world/ life.

Once someone starts doing so, they get mixed up (or stay mixed up).

Get a single eye on Christ, a whole heart for the FATHER, with no darkness at all.
What about Christ saying that we should be salt and light in the world? And all the OT passages that talk about fighting for the oppressed and justice? Politics cover all these things. While I agree that politics are not our top priority, we should be concerned with it as part of our overall duty to be salt and light.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

paul howard

Apr 27, 2014
✟15,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My mother told me, - I'm paraphrasing here - that we should despise (she doesn't like the word hate) all democrats in the world. My father told me, that it shouldn't matter whether someone's a republican or democrat as long as they do the right thing. Who am I supposed to believe?
JESUS said LOVE thy neighbour as thy self your MUM is acting like a self rightious pharasee

Upvote 0

DarrellWade

Jan 31, 2010
Green Timbers Urban Forest
Visit site
✟7,717.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think that when asked by someone to hate someone or worse, told to hate someone, my first reaction would be anger. My cheek would burn at an emotional strike. I think that were it to be a parent telling me to hate and worse that parent being at odds with the other, that I might have to consider... I should respect both my parents and love God and considering that love find in my heart the answer. I'd turn the other cheek and ask in answer to being told who to hate, "Who should I love?"

I'm not sure that honouring/respecting our parents means that we agree with them all the time on all issues. I think if we do disagree, first we have to make sure we are actually hearing what they are not just saying, but what they are meaning. Nobody said our parents were expected to be great orators. There might be misunderstandings that are "just words" being misunderstood. Or there might be disagreements based on what has been experienced.

In the end, we are expected to respect and honour our parents, even if we disagree with them.

In the end, we should first love God.

In the end, even though we are to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's -- whether that Caesar is one nation or another, one political party or another -- but more important to render unto God, what is God's.

And of course... before anyone is Republican or Democrat, they are one of God's Children and loved by God. That goes for atheist, antitheist, and heathen alike. "For God so Loved the World."

(BTW I'm neither Republican nor Democrat. I'm not even American.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stealthsaint

NIGHTHAWK 777
Jul 30, 2010
Kelowna: British Columbia
✟12,019.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My mother told me, - I'm paraphrasing here - that we should despise (she doesn't like the word hate) all democrats in the world. My father told me, that it shouldn't matter whether someone's a republican or democrat as long as they do the right thing. Who am I supposed to believe?
TRUTH: Holy Spirit IS the Spirit OF TRUTH that we receive from OUR Lord JesUS Christ who has experienced truth from WORDS, written and spoken alongside words of lies and deception, mostly thoughts that we are given thoughts given to others to persecute those listening to the voice of evil authority in the world. Through Lord's Spirit "The SPIRIT OF TRUTH. THE WORLD HAS BECOME ACCUSTOMED TO LIES AND DECEPTION. The devil is the father of lies and deception. The internet that every one, in the developed countrys rely on for information, CANNOT BE TRUSTED.
WANT TRUTH? It is hard to find it. EVERYWHERE we think we have truth has eroded. IT is hard to trust in what we hear anymore. Too many compromise the truth for selfish purposes. We are constantly bombarded with lies. Who trusts today, as in the not too distant past, politicians, advertising, reports on statements of gas efficiency (Volkswagen), "I will call you and we will get together", most gossip as passed on soon turns into a lie, news is sensationalized to satisfy the need to hear the negative, etc. etc. The struggle for truth is sourced in the voice our mind listens to and accepts. We have been under the subtle voice of evil since birth, a voice determined to keep man from establishing long term relationship with OUR Creator and each other in the home and workplace, actually most every relationship between man.
EVIL'S mission/strategy is to destroy even creation through the root of the love of money. Creating thoughts that lead to wars and developement of the mechanisms of war and destruction. Bombs, biological agents etc.
The battle is spiritual and in the mind controlling our mind (of man or of Lord), will (want to, do not want to and emotion (love or hate), battling between the SPIRIT of GOOD (love, kingdness, goodness), over the spirit of evil/darkness, (hate, unforgiveness, resentment anger, fear) etc.The SPIRIT OF TRUTH, Of GOOD comes to us when waiting on his voice with a surrender quieted posture purposed to listen to hear. He MAKES US lie down and green pastures when waiting!!! IF we call on Lord with hearts desire for intimacy OUR Prince of Peace motivated and honors OUR desire.
Lord is in all, over all, through all, and ALL THINGS COHERE IN HIM.He is in US by His Spirit and will not leave US stranded IF WE SEEK Him He is not Far as He has been poured into OUR heart(Rom 5;50. It begins in that waiting time, when we desire with all our heart (where His Spirit abides), to hear His voice we will find it and be given what is truth for the individual in all the times of need. We become joined in soul, Trust in Lord's desire to speak to/with you. IT is HIS VOICE/words that OVERCAME and OVERCOMES when we listen and obey/speak with desire to also overcome as He overcame to sit with Father in same authority as we will sit with Lord and Father as ONE AUTHORITY to RESTORE ALL THINGS. Listening to Fathers voice as spoken to JesUS Christ and mutually spoken to US through OUR MIND OF CHRIST within, that will transfromed US out from under the authority of darkness into OUR KINGdom of the Son of His love. We are taught to love. The love that has been poured in must flow out to bring fresh or there is stagnation of an outward form of His image but not the power of the flow of HIS LOVE in LINKNESS.

Lord may all those that seek truth find it and may those that read this find what is truth for them in this journal and grow by it. Thank Your Lord. HALLELUJAH!

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You should do as you want, just remember God doesn't teach hate, he teaches love.
You sound young here's something for you to think about.
Matthew chapter 4 verse 4
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
Romans chapter 1 verse 28
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

John chapter 8 verse 31,32
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, " If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
2 John
9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
Job chapter 23 verse 12
I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

Matthew 11
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Luke chapter 21
33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Romans chapter 10
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
Mark chapter 13
31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
James chapter 1
25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
James chapter 4
8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Isaiah chapter 45 verse 19
I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.
Jeremiah chapter 9
24 but let the one who boasts boast about this:
that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,”
declares the Lord.
Jeremiah chapter 5 verse 1
5 “Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem,
look around and consider,
search through her squares.
If you can find but one person
who deals honestly and seeks the truth,
I will forgive this city.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think it's important that we each figure out how our faith is going to translate into our every day life. I came across this quote this morning and thought it describes well what *I believe* we as Christians ought to have as our sort of "mission" in life:
18010314_10212823849022176_1951720842972542472_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is democrat or republican? If we follow Christ, if we are in Christ, then we are Christian and political identities should slide off into the gutter were they belong.

Upvote 0

Breckmin

Sep 23, 2008
Gresham, OR USA
✟17,883.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Your mother probably meant that you should despise certain things that democrats "believe" but still love them and pray for them. Not everything that the democrats believe is bad... not everything that the republicans do is "good" (by any means)... most Christians choose to vote republican because it is the lessor of two evils.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont really know where I stand on this politic issue????

But i will say that christians in a christian nation need to stand against any party or president or candidate who is promoting abortions, government funded abortions, planned parenthood selling baby parts, homosexual marriages, homosexual adoptions, ......on and on....

These sins are an abomnation to God and only the church through the power of the Holy Spirit can defeat these dark forces......
When kings in the OT sinned prophets stood up against them and some repented..david for example......
Should we do less as christians.....
At least we should speak up on these issues with our christian brethren....

Upvote 0

stealthsaint

NIGHTHAWK 777
Jul 30, 2010
Kelowna: British Columbia
✟12,019.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
CHRISTIAN FORUM: AUTHORITY FAITH CONNECTION: SHORT FORM

Mt 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
Mt 28:19 Go therefore and disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the NAME of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,. . . . We are baptized into their ONE NAME “the name of” OR authority and character of, (authority of power and character of love)

NAME: MOST references to “the name of JesUS” relate to “authority and character. Name of the Father and of the Son and of Holy Spirit, (See Strong’s #)

LUKE 7:9 And when Jesus heard these things, He marveled at him, and turning to the crowd following Him, He said, I say to you, Not even in Israel have I found such great faith.

This verse is predicated on the previous dialogue between JesUS and the centurion’s recognition of his understanding of transfer of authority. JesUS was saying go US as His disciples You have My faith through understanding you have received all authority I have. JesUS the Christ is OUR Lord who has given US HIS SPIRIT. As He is OUR inheritance WE are His inheritance through ONE Body ONE Spirit. Ephesians 1:1, were designated LORDS inheritance. Lord is our inheritance. ACTS 20:32, 26:18.

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
From a moderate point of view:

We are to hate nobody no matter how much we may disagree with them on any issue, be it politics, religion, theology, food, drink, clothing, music, technology, and so on. It's our duty to love as Jesus loved. He died on the cross, shedding His blood for everyone in the world, past, present, and future. All because of His LOVE for EVERYONE. Yes... EVERYONE!

Just my two-cents on the matter. I wish not to debate.

God bless.

• Agree
Reactions: stealthsaint
Upvote 0