Private
✟15,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
My mother told me, - I'm paraphrasing here - that we should despise (she doesn't like the word hate) all democrats in the world. My father told me, that it shouldn't matter whether someone's a republican or democrat as long as they do the right thing. Who am I supposed to believe?

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
:( .....what do your own internal beliefs tell you? Do you see throughout the Bible a message of "love only those that agree with you" or something different? Do you think that if a person identifies as "democrat" that sums up just about everything you need to know about them (and you're supposed to despise them based on that)? What is it about democrats that your mom believes gives her the right/obligation to despise them? Is it their belief of feeding the poor/caring for the sick/that pro-life is more than just pro-birth...what, specifically?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My mother told me, - I'm paraphrasing here - that we should despise (she doesn't like the word hate) all democrats in the world. My father told me, that it shouldn't matter whether someone's a republican or democrat as long as they do the right thing. Who am I supposed to believe?
As a Christian, your interpretation of life is to be based upon Holy Spirit revelation of everything. Debating Democrat vs. Republican is outside of that realm of Truth. God will not lead you into politics.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No. Just kidding... Neither its politics. You love all people.
Right....just off the top of my head a few passages come to mind:

"God so loved the *world*......"

"You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.' And, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Luke 10:25-37Common English Bible (CEB)
Loving your neighbor

"You have heard the law that says, 'Love your neighbor' and hate your enemy.But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!"~Matthew 5:43-44 (which doesn't seem to leave room for despising *anyone*).

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Don't matter.

The book of truth is the bible, if a political idea doesn't match up with it, it is wrong.

Either way, I would go with your dad, hatred gets you nowhere.

Politics are dumb anyway.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Curious, why would that make a16 yr old struggle with the Christian faith?
That's a good question. OP--there is more to Christianity than just "Republican Jesus".

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Mary7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Wooooah. Political parties do not equal Republicans = saved, democrats = unsaved. And yeah, how they act is more important than what party is on their voter ID.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
ANY Christian should know this answer , right friends. DADDY is right. forget politics just do what is right in the sight of our LORD

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
forget politics just do what is right in the sight of our LORD
I used to believe this--but "politics" does include doing "what is right in the sight of our LORD". I realize the OP isn't voting age--but in order for him to develop his own belief system--considering how we treat others (based on the laws/tax codes we approve of) is a large part of our theology as well.

For instance= is cutting out programs like Meals on Wheels something we think God would approve of or disapprove of (and why)? I mean that as a rhetorical question.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: anma
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Only believe God's Word, not parents, men, scholars, etc etc etc....

God's Word says a good soldier (of Christ, someone/anyone following Jesus)
DOES NOT
get involved/ entangled/ in the affairs of this society/ world/ life.

Once someone starts doing so, they get mixed up (or stay mixed up).

Get a single eye on Christ, a whole heart for the FATHER, with no darkness at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I used to believe this--but "politics" does include doing "what is right in the sight of our LORD". I realize the OP isn't voting age--but in order to develop their own belief system--I think how we treat others (based on the laws/tax codes we approve of) is a large part of our theology as well.

For instance= is cutting out programs like Meals on Wheels something we think God would approve of or disapprove of (and why)? I mean that as a rhetorical question.
on issues I do vote. but I vote for no evil , whether lesser greater. tis why I warned everyone I knew
don't vote for hillery under any case, but don't vote trump neither.
i want you to do me a personal favor , no matter who you voted for . i don't need to know.
but watch trump closely, when he starts pushing gently for a more positive christanity , RUN fast
what Obama did unto the left churches , man i see it in trump , he will do it unto the right.
just watch for it. its coming.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
God's Word says a good soldier (of Christ, someone/anyone following Jesus)
DOES NOT
get involved/ entangled/ in the affairs of this society/ world/ life.
So.....what defines "affairs of this society/world/life"?

If people are losing their health care and face going bankrupt just trying to keep their sick children/parents (or selves) alive---we just idly sit by? That's not our business?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Richard161171

May 7, 2017
london
✟16,467.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Nice post and great that you have parents who have different views that will create some balance in your thinking. I would encourage you to try and think about what you think is right, I would also encourage you too read Matthew 5,6 & 7 before you come too your own conclusion.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So.....what defines "affairs of this society/world/life"?

If a people are losing their health care and face going bankrupt just trying to keep their sick children/parents (or selves) alive---we just idly sit by? That's not our business?
my brother their is power in prayer . i know of a true believer in Christ who just go completely healed.
and another ones daughter who got healed. if you like, i will let them speak with you. IT JUST HAPPENED.

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
man is nothing, GOD healed them both.
It was not us, IT was GOD.
and it was beautiful. It reminds me of a story.
two leaders of main churches were walking
and they saw a poor man begging.
and one said to the other, man bro feel good prosperity preacher
we aint like peter and john no more, we cant say silver and gold have we none.
and man they were smiling , then the poor man said, but YA cant say arise in the name of JESUS either.
LOVE not silver , seek not GOLD
i say SEEK ye only the true riches....our LORD
and if we lose all, man we only gain knowing HIM.
that is the problem with the church.
WE DONT NEED GOVT, WE DONT NEED MAN...WE don't need money let us take care of our own.
now lets sing that , cause all we need IS CHRIST .

Upvote 0