I'm starting to change my mind about the End Times (help!)

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟439,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not quite what the psalm says nor is it quite what Peter says. Psalm 90 says:
4For in Your sight a thousand years
are but a day that passes,
or a watch of the night.(which is a few hours)
2 Peter 3:8
Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. (this is timelessness)
He's not giving you permission to change His word based on a statement of timelessness. He is merely explaining that in heaven He is not confined to time. God cannot be confined to time, otherwise He would a subject of time. Where do you get the idea that you are to change what He has revealed? Did He not give us this warning?:
Revelation 22:
18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, 19and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

20He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

21The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That's not quite what the psalm says nor is it quite what Peter says. Psalm 90 says:
or a watch of the night.(which is a few hours)
2 Peter 3:8
Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. (this is timelessness)
He's not giving you permission to change His word based on a statement of timelessness. He is merely explaining that in heaven He is not confined to time. God cannot be confined to time, otherwise He would a subject of time. Where do you get the idea that you are to change what He has revealed? Did He not give us this warning?:
Revelation 22:
18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, 19and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

20He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

21The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.
Your beliefs make a scriptural fact into a meaningless word jumble.
The formula of the 1 day to God in heaven, being the same as a thousand years of earth time, is set in Genesis 1, where the 'days' of Creation were 1000 year periods. Proved by the historical and geological record.
Why shouldn't that formula be right? It is logical and is proved by Prophesies like Hosea 6:2, where the 2 'days' he mentions, HAVE taken place on earth as 2000 years since Jesus' first Advent.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The formula of the 1 day to God in heaven, being the same as a thousand years of earth time, is set in Genesis 1, where the 'days' of Creation were 1000 year periods.

Genesis 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:8
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Genesis 1:13
And the evening and the morning were the third day.

Genesis 1:19
And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Genesis 1:23
And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

Genesis 1:31
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Your round peg does not fit into (six) square holes.

are you an evolutionist or a creationist?

This order of Creation leaves no room for co-evolution of plants and animals, which is a basic premise of the evolutionary theory. Here the plants are designed as a source of food and the animals that will make use of these for sustenance are specifically created to occupy the prepared niche. Any co-dependence is thus by virtue of Design rather than evolution.

On the fourth day, God creates the sun and the moon. If we were to suggest that the days of Creation represent long periods of time, our dilemma would be that the plants, created on day three, would have had to exist without a sun for millions of years.

On the fifth day, God creates all the creatures that swim and fly, and on the sixth day, He creates the land creatures. Here again we cannot reconcile the Biblical record of the days of Creation with the long time periods needed for evolution.

According to the theory of evolution, birds and mammals evolved from reptiles. However, birds and flying mammals were created on the fifth day—before the terrestrial reptiles created on the sixth day. Birds and flying mammals would thus have preceded their ancestors.

A similar problem is encountered when we consider the marine mammals such as the whales, dolphins, and seals which would also precede their ancestors. According to the evolutionary theory, these marine mammals evolved from land mammals that were forced to move to marine environments. But we know that sea mammals were created before land mammals.

Understanding the Creation Week | Six Literal Days | Six-Day Creation | God's Creation

Please correct me if I am wrong

Upvote 0

Marumorose

Nov 30, 2019
Polokwane
✟37,738.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I apologize if this is not the right place for this.

I wanted some help with End Times theology. For most of my Christian walk, I've believed in the Left Behind type of theology. The tribulation is ahead of us and will be kicked off by the rapture of the church.

But all of a sudden I've been introduced to preterist theology and I don't know what to believe anymore. Could Daniel and even Revelations have warned about Nero being the fulfillment of being the little horn rising up as the Beast of the Sea? I heard he matches up with 666, he ended temple sacrifice after breaking a treaty with Jerusalem, and so much more.

I always heard that the best would be killed and brought back from the dead, which I just read the beast was Rome and after Nero killed himself, the empire was surely dead, but "came back to life" better than ever after Vespasian came to rule.

This is difficult for me because I have been waiting for the return of the Messiah. Is He not supposed to return after the tribulation? What have we been doing for the last 2,000 years if the tribulation happened so long ago? Was Nero the antichrist?

I don't know what to believe anymore! Please help me out if you have some answers for me (or even share good books and resources that can help me.) Thanks!
May God Bless You. Understand that Jesus Christ will come to us invidually and spiritually. We will not see him coming in a cloud physically but spiritually. And he will baptize us with the fire and Holy Spirit
Matthew 24:42-43 says "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
May God Bless You. Understand that Jesus Christ will come to us invidually and spiritually. We will not see him coming in a cloud physically but spiritually. And he will baptize us with the fire and Holy Spirit
Matthew 24:42-43 says "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Acts 1:11
Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟439,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The formula of the 1 day to God in heaven, being the same as a thousand years of earth time, is set in Genesis 1, where the 'days' of Creation were 1000 year periods. Proved by the historical and geological record.
Why shouldn't that formula be right? It is logical and is proved by Prophesies like Hosea 6:2, where the 2 'days' he mentions, HAVE taken place on earth as 2000 years since Jesus' first Advent.

Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟439,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hosea 6:1“Come, let’s return to the LORD. For He has torn us, but He will heal us; He has wounded us, but He will bandage us.
1 Peter 2:24and He Himself brought our sins in His body up on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live for righteousness; by His wounds you were healed. 25For you were continually straying like sheep, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls.

Hosea 6:2“He will revive us after two days; He will raise us up on the third day, That we may live before Him.
1 Corinthians 15:and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
Ephesians 2:6And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

You keep reading what Peter says in 2 Peter 3:8 Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
Or as the Psalmist said in
Psalm 90:
or a watch of the night.

So, how much time does that equal? Then prove from scripture you're to use this to change the meaning of any words in scripture.

Upvote 0