JennyPenny901

Dec 6, 2010
America
✟11,795.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today I woke up feeling miserable and frustrated. Cause I know that nothing good lives in me that is my sinful nature for I have the desire to do what is good but I can not carry it out. I know that without the Holy Spirit I can not please the Father and the Son and bring glory to the Father and the Son. Without the Holy Spirit I'm hopeless and powerless. So anyways I went to my local Church today and found a book called "The world's greatest counselor." It's about the Holy Spirit. So I signed out the book and went into the chapel and just cried to GOD. It was just me and Him and I cried my eyes out. Then I left feeling better. And I was doing good until I kept reading that book and it said to quietly listen to the Holy Spirit. I dunno how. I dunno how to listen. Even when I can see someone talkin to me my mind is always going. It never stops. I am unable to stop it. I never been taught how to listen. So I dunno how. Things like that just don't come to me. Nothing actually comes to me. I have to be taught every single little thing. That's just how I am. That may sound like a closed mind. I get that reaction alot. But it's cause of my autism. This is just how I am. It's not my fault. So anyways I just need prayer for GOD to teach me how to listen. And help me find a way to know what is Him and what is my imagination or a wolf in sheep's clothing. I need to know how to listen to the Holy Spirit or I'm never gonna say or do anything that pleases GOD. So to me this is very very important and I am so frustrated that I don't know this. And it doesn't help that I'm unable to stop my mind from thinking. I am literally unable. That's just the way it is. Not my fault. I am so frustrated! Please pray for me.... Ty for your prayers.
Jenny

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
JennyPenny,

Psalm 46,
"Be still and know that I am God."

Two very special people in my life have Autism. Believe me when I tell you this is more than do-able.

For any of us to hear from God, we have to first learn to be still - so go at your own pace; even if you have to start with 3 minutes a day. God's promptings are gentle, and it's much easier to draw near to Him and begin to hear Him speak if you train your physical mind and body to relax.

In time, you will be able to sense His presence most any place.

Start here.

1. Remove distractions

2. Find a place where you can be alone and undisturbed

3. Quiet the voices and thoughts fighting for your attention

If you struggle with this and your mind's busy, try jotting down the thoughts that come (or whatever works for you) until they're out of your head.

If you become conscious of sin, confess it so it's no longer in the way.

If your mind is still busy, visualize Jesus there with you.

The key is to be so focused on God that everything else fades into the background. When you become still - not doing anything other than making it possible to be in touch with God - you'll begin to sense His presence.

When your thoughts have quieted, focus on the Lord. Know that He is there with you and His timing is always perfect.

The more you practice becoming still, the easier it gets, and the more quickly it all comes together. You will learn to hear God.

Don't give up. Maintain your resolve. This can become one of the greatest blessings of your life. He loves you, and his will is that you hear him each and every time He speaks to you.

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.

Isaiah 26:8-9
Yes, in the way of Your judgments, O Lord, have I waited for You. With my soul I have desired You in the night. Yes, by my spirit within me I will seek You early.

Isaiah 41:10
“Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

Isaiah 43:2
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you.”

Upvote 0

LifebyChrist

Take heart
Jan 12, 2011
✟7,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Jenny Penny I will make this simple

Matthew 7:12 "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

Love God and love your neighbor,

There are billions of people in the world, try to get along with them and be friendly with them and tell them about Jesus, love God and ask God for healing and wisdom as well. That might be part of it because it is just you and God right now but there is a body of Christ and fellowship with other Christians too.

That is a problem I have

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.