• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I'm reaching out here because I am desperate for help

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Dave G, thank you so much for your response! I'll check out the prayer wall, I hear it's truly wonderful. Thank you for telling me that about the key people in the Bible, I needed to hear that. I feel that I'm order for my loved ones and I to be saved, we have to be hypervigilant on all our sins all the time which it too overwhelming. I know God changes you through time, but it feels soooo urgent.
Sure thing, it's why we are here.

Here is a short list of our heros in scripture that God used mighty !
1 Moses. Murdered a man and buried him in the sand. 40 years later God calls him to the mountain and the rest is history.
2 Peter. Ya he betrayed Jesus three times and felt the guilt. After the resurrection Jesus sought Peter out ( who by the way just figured he would go back to fishing lol) to ask if Peter loved Him. Peter said you know I do and Jesus replied "then go feed my sheep".

3 Abraham. Kind of a deceiving mind but he believed God and God called Him righteous .

We were forgiven at the cross GG, Jesus wants our loyalty, we have no perfection but in Him.

4 Apostle Paul the short version, read the book of acts for the full account. Persecutor of Christians by the name of Saul, overseer of Steven's stoning. Jesus knocks Him off His horse and makes him an instant convert and names him Apostle Paul .

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thank you Amitta for taking some time for me. Thinking in gray really makes it harder!

Are the all-or-nothing thinkers that you mentioned those who believe that you have to be hypervigilant on every sin or else you won't be saved? Thank you for praying the Lord's Prayer for me

I really get a sense of wonder from your mention of:

- black & white
- grey

- yes or no
- "yes and no all at once"

This is my territory!

To me, the clouds outside my window are like a kind of sacrament. The assurance we can't see, we can infer.

Sensitivity in conscience and in mourning with thanksgiving is huge empathy.

If we want to know the way to say Tipperary we've got to receive precise instructions otherwise people are trifling with us.

On the other hand if anyone intended you to think God mean towards your dad and your friend, you should ignore that part of what they said.

At the same time if they didn't actually intend that but we have misunderstood that point, we can do what Donna Williams has said, ignore the "jailer perched on our shoulders". A sense of humour can creep in. With time, I can avoid going to the opposite extreme of blase and cynical, as well.

Living moment by moment is an immensely "loud" and "in our faces" thing. And life is not without pain.

Upvote 0

GoodGrace

Apr 4, 2020
Florida
✟15,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you Dave G, I did not know most of those, I knew about Moses but not about the part about the sand.

The reason why I'm worried about my loved ones is because I don't see a lot of change in them. One of them has a lot of bitterness, and curses and gets angry really easy. Even says God's name in vain a lot, which I am also guilty of too. We don't know how to handle our frustration and have learned the wrong ways of expressing it. I want to change but the other one doesn't want any help because she believes that it's a personal relationship behind closed doors and she takes it up with God on her own. I wish I had more influence with both of them, even more for her. She's got a personality disorder which makes it really difficult.

I really want to thank you for taking some time with me. I get really nervous a lot of anxiety, I'm still nervous if I'm honest, but I'm really glad I reached out.

I can't find the prayer wall. I looked all over the site and I can't find it. I thought it would be in the menu but you click on the hamburger icon, but I couldn't find it. Could you tell me where I could find it?

Sure thing, it's why we are here.

Here is a short list of our heros in scripture that God used mighty !
1 Moses. Murdered a man and buried him in the sand. 40 years later God calls him to the mountain and the rest is history.
2 Peter. Ya he betrayed Jesus three times and felt the guilt. After the resurrection Jesus sought Peter out ( who by the way just figured he would go back to fishing lol) to ask if Peter loved Him. Peter said you know I do and Jesus replied "then go feed my sheep".

3 Abraham. Kind of a deceiving mind but he believed God and God called Him righteous .

We were forgiven at the cross GG, Jesus wants our loyalty, we have no perfection but in Him.

4 Apostle Paul. Persecutor of Christians by the name of Saul, overseer of Steven's stoning. Jesus knocks Him off His horse and makes him an instant convert and names him Apostle Paul .

Upvote 0

GoodGrace

Apr 4, 2020
Florida
✟15,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you Amittai,

Oh yes I totally agree, precise instructions and simple. It's kind of an oxymoron, but as long as you keep it precise and simple, it is understood. That is a cute expression from Donna Williams. I think I've heard that before.

The all-or-nothing thinkers are all over the internet and it's easy to think that when reading the Bible and how strict God is against sin. It seems that only if my loved ones and I are constantly watching ourselves fervently with every sin, then we are not on a saving path.

I really get a sense of wonder from your mention of:

- black & white
- grey

- yes or no
- "yes and no all at once"

This is my territory!

To me, the clouds outside my window are like a kind of sacrament. The assurance we can't see, we can infer.

Sensitivity in conscience and in mourning with thanksgiving is huge empathy.

If we want to know the way to say Tipperary we've got to receive precise instructions otherwise people are trifling with us.

On the other hand if anyone intended you to think God mean towards your dad and your friend, you should ignore that part of what they said.

At the same time if they didn't actually intend that but we have misunderstood that point, we can do what Donna Williams has said, ignore the "jailer perched on our shoulders". A sense of humour can creep in. With time, I can avoid going to the opposite extreme of blase and cynical, as well.

Living moment by moment is an immensely "loud" and "in our faces" thing. And life is not without pain.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you Dave G, I did not know most of those, I knew about Moses but not about the part about the sand.

The reason why I'm worried about my loved ones is because I don't see a lot of change in them. One of them has a lot of bitterness, and curses and gets angry really easy. Even says God's name in vain a lot, which I am also guilty of too. We don't know how to handle our frustration and have learned the wrong ways of expressing it. I want to change but the other one doesn't want any help
because she believes that it's a personal relationship behind closed doors and she takes it up with God on her own. I wish I had more influence with both of them, even more for her. She's got a personality disorder which makes it really difficult.

I really want to thank you for taking some time with me. I get really nervous a lot of anxiety, I'm still nervous if I'm honest, but I'm really glad I reached out.

I can't find the prayer wall. I looked all over the site and I can't find it. I thought it would be in the menu but you click on the hamburger icon, but I couldn't find it. Could you tell me where I could find it?

At the top of the page above us here is the main menu bar, click on forums. The second groupings of forums is called Prayer and Encouragement. The Prayer Wall is the last listed forum there. So anytime you want to find forums go to that main bar and click on guess what ? Forums lol !

Meanwhile maybe this will work. Prayer Wall

Upvote 0

GoodGrace

Apr 4, 2020
Florida
✟15,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
David G, thank you, thank you! I found it and thank you for also providing it for me as a link. Lol forums? I would have never have guessed LOL

At the top of the page above us here is the main menu bar, click on forums. The second groupings of forums is called Prayer and Encouragement. The Prayer Wall is the last listed forum there. So anytime you want to find forums go to that main bar and click on guess what ? Forums lol !

Meanwhile maybe this will work. Prayer Wall

• Winner
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
David G, thank you, thank you! I found it and thank you for also providing it for me as a link. Lol forums? I would have never have guessed LOL
I'm glad it worked for you and once again welcome aboard !!!

A word of encouragement: we are ordered to submit our prayers to the Lord but we are not to fear. I'd be glad to supply you the scriptures. Here is one : 2 Timothy 1:7 . And yes that means for you too. I have 9 bullet point verses on fear and anxiety and prayers to go with them. I just cycle through them one each per night after my main bible read. 2 Tim 1:7 is one of them. Jesus doesn't want us anxious, in fact He wants us resting in Him. Assurance, that's what you need !!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoodGrace

Apr 4, 2020
Florida
✟15,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you so much David G, I just posted my first prayer :) I remember that scripture, I will do my best. I'm really good at worrying, my anxiety disorder is always there to start it.

I'm glad it worked for you and once again welcome aboard !!!

A word of encouragement: we are ordered to submit our prayers to the Lord but we are not to fear. I'd be glad to supply you the scriptures. Here is one : 2 Timothy 1:7 . And yes that means for you too. I have 9 bullet point verses on fear and anxiety and prayers to go with them. I just cycle through them one each per night after my main bible read. 2 Tim 1:7 is one of them. Jesus doesn't want us anxious, in fact He wants us resting in Him. Assurance, that's what you need !!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Aussie Pete,

Thank you so much for your dedicated reply and your personal story. Wow! Heart stuff can be so scary. It's wonderful that you found peace during it. What a miracle indeed, and now you know when the real time comes to face passing this Earth that you have already been there before, processed it, and found peace.

I understand that not everyone will be saved. It's really, really sad. I know I can save the world, only Jesus can and God with His drawing, but i hope that i can at least have my loved ones. Please, Aussie Pete, would you take a little time to pray for the salvation of my loved ones for me? It would mean a whole lot. I also plan on visiting the prayer section here.

If you decide to do this for me, would you like my name and the 4 others I'm worried about?

thank you for your time=>
Sure, please use the conversation feature to send me your name and the others. We will add our prayers to yours. Prayer is a most effective weapon. Let's see what God can do!

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you so much Aussie Pete! God does wonders! I cant seem to send you a message, i think it's because I haven't enough posts yet for it to unlock.
I'd ask support what is happening. There may be a block in error.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so much David G, I just posted my first prayer :) I remember that scripture, I will do my best. I'm really good at worrying, my anxiety disorder is always there to start it.
More good verses:

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3.5-6)

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12.1-2)

Upvote 0