• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I'm reaching out here because I am desperate for help

GoodGrace

Apr 4, 2020
Florida
✟15,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm nervous about writing this but I don't know what else to do. I've never done this before and I'm scared so please bear with me. First I think it would be important to mention that I have a form of autism known as nonverbal communication disorder. A loved one told me that those with autism have a hard time grasping Faith with God. Personally speaking, black and white is hard for me, I mostly see gray which makes it very difficult for a lot of things. It's funny because when it comes to directions, answers, information, or anything else, I need a simple black-and-white answer to understand it and I need it to be concrete and certain that what I'm being told is in fact true. I also wanted to say thank you to whoever is taking the time to read this. I'm really scared and I'm in so much pain like a death.

I've struggled with my faith since 2009 when I first met Micah who introduced me to Christianity. Micah is gone now and so is my mother. I have not recovered from their death and I can't find a therapist or any doctor especially with this coronavirus going on, and I've been waiting for five years to find someone who will genuinely want to help me rather than me being just another dollar sign. I have serious PTSD with death and now I am in a really dark pit with hell as the Eternal destination for people. I understand God is sovereign and chooses to draw in and elect or reject and cast away whoever He desires with devine right. I understand God is merciful and full of love, but I also know that He is just and righteous meaning He can't tolerate any form of sin and there must be a severe penalty. Hell not only carries the burden of a very sensitive awakened conscience which relentlessly torments you about the decision you made and where it got you, but it also deals with burning in fire for all eternity because God uses fire to cleanse.

With all that being said , here is my problem, and thank you so much again for your patience with me.

I have a best friend and a twin sister who I live with and love more than words can ever explain. They are my everything!!! They said that they have accepted Jesus in their heart, and I know their heart condition actually is genuinely authentic and caring and they try to do the right thing. However, all three of us would probably be classified as lukewarm Christians. We curse out of anger and frustration, we say the Lord's name in vain, we have a lot of anger and hatred in our hearts and we do not love people anymore. Our hearts are hardened and frustrated because of all the hardships and abuse that we have had for so long. It has been a really difficult life for all three of us. I don't know what happens behind closed doors with them and God, but I always fret about where I stand with God and my salvation and if I'm doing the right things.

Since I am not telepathic or God , I cant see if they have genuine saving faith in Jesus or not. I'm so afraid to the point where I'm constantly crying my eyes out and I am absolutely miserable and feel like I'm in a living breathing nightmare about the realities of hell and how things really are. No horror movie could ever compare to this! I'm so afraid what if they don't go to heaven . I know my mind will be changed in agreeance with God if I go to heaven, but I NEEED my loved ones to be in heaven. I need to re-emphasize that, I NEEEED them in heaven!!! I'm not okay, I feel like I'm dead, even the light when I'm walking outside or in my apartment with all the windows open, the light is choaked. There is a grave Gray color like I'm walking in a graveyard after dusk and there's nothing but death for me.

I am in severely immense anguish I can't even begin to explain it. I need to know that they're going to be okay and I can't bear hearing they're not going to be. My father, however, has not accepted Jesus, neither has another friend that I care about, I do the best I can to pray and talk to them about it but not much comes out of it.

I don't know what to do. I've already done enough research about hell, God, Jesus, salvation, unsaved loved ones, everything I could possibly think of to bring some kind of peace and answer to this. I've already talked to God about this a trillion times. There's no peace for me and I know when I die I'm going to be so scared to the point of quaking because I'm going to be facing "here it comes! I'll either go to heaven or I'll perish in hell for all eternity! I am now about to face my fate"

I apologize for the very long message but all of this was very important to give a decent idea where I'm at. I don't even know what I'm asking, I just am desperate and am reaching out for anything that would be able to help make sure that my loved ones will make it to heaven and that it will be okay. To hear otherwise will continue to cripple me further.

Thank you so, so much! Thank you.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm nervous about writing this but I don't know what else to do. I've never done this before and I'm scared so please bear with me. First I think it would be important to mention that I have a form of autism known as nonverbal communication disorder. A loved one told me that those with autism have a hard time grasping Faith with God. Personally speaking, black and white is hard for me, I mostly see gray which makes it very difficult for a lot of things. It's funny because when it comes to directions, answers, information, or anything else, I need a simple black-and-white answer to understand it and I need it to be concrete and certain that what I'm being told is in fact true. I also wanted to say thank you to whoever is taking the time to read this. I'm really scared and I'm in so much pain like a death.

I've struggled with my faith since 2009 when I first met Micah who introduced me to Christianity. Micah is gone now and so is my mother. I have not recovered from their death and I can't find a therapist or any doctor especially with this coronavirus going on, and I've been waiting for five years to find someone who will genuinely want to help me rather than me being just another dollar sign. I have serious PTSD with death and now I am in a really dark pit with hell as the Eternal destination for people. I understand God is sovereign and chooses to draw in and elect or reject and cast away whoever He desires with devine right. I understand God is merciful and full of love, but I also know that He is just and righteous meaning He can't tolerate any form of sin and there must be a severe penalty. Hell not only carries the burden of a very sensitive awakened conscience which relentlessly torments you about the decision you made and where it got you, but it also deals with burning in fire for all eternity because God uses fire to cleanse.

With all that being said , here is my problem, and thank you so much again for your patience with me.

I have a best friend and a twin sister who I live with and love more than words can ever explain. They are my everything!!! They said that they have accepted Jesus in their heart, and I know their heart condition actually is genuinely authentic and caring and they try to do the right thing. However, all three of us would probably be classified as lukewarm Christians. We curse out of anger and frustration, we say the Lord's name in vain, we have a lot of anger and hatred in our hearts and we do not love people anymore. Our hearts are hardened and frustrated because of all the hardships and abuse that we have had for so long. It has been a really difficult life for all three of us. I don't know what happens behind closed doors with them and God, but I always fret about where I stand with God and my salvation and if I'm doing the right things.

Since I am not telepathic or God , I cant see if they have genuine saving faith in Jesus or not. I'm so afraid to the point where I'm constantly crying my eyes out and I am absolutely miserable and feel like I'm in a living breathing nightmare about the realities of hell and how things really are. No horror movie could ever compare to this! I'm so afraid what if they don't go to heaven . I know my mind will be changed in agreeance with God if I go to heaven, but I NEEED my loved ones to be in heaven. I need to re-emphasize that, I NEEEED them in heaven!!! I'm not okay, I feel like I'm dead, even the light when I'm walking outside or in my apartment with all the windows open, the light is choaked. There is a grave Gray color like I'm walking in a graveyard after dusk and there's nothing but death for me.

I am in severely immense anguish I can't even begin to explain it. I need to know that they're going to be okay and I can't bear hearing they're not going to be. My father, however, has not accepted Jesus, neither has another friend that I care about, I do the best I can to pray and talk to them about it but not much comes out of it.

I don't know what to do. I've already done enough research about hell, God, Jesus, salvation, unsaved loved ones, everything I could possibly think of to bring some kind of peace and answer to this. I've already talked to God about this a trillion times. There's no peace for me and I know when I die I'm going to be so scared to the point of quaking because I'm going to be facing "here it comes! I'll either go to heaven or I'll perish in hell for all eternity! I am now about to face my fate"

I apologize for the very long message but all of this was very important to give a decent idea where I'm at. I don't even know what I'm asking, I just am desperate and am reaching out for anything that would be able to help make sure that my loved ones will make it to heaven and that it will be okay. To hear otherwise will continue to cripple me further.

Hi, welcome to the forum in Jesus name it's a great place to be for fellowship with other Christians.
I would recommend the Prayer Wall for prayer support and advice. There are quite a number of prayer warriors to support you there. I Pray for you and your friends. Jesus loves you so much.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome! Be blessed and trust in God's truth that He has already given you through His Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I hope you will have the courage to critique the all-or-nothing thinkers. There are so many erroneous denominations and individuals / tendencies / movements within denominations. We out of "tact" don't always name them.

I also have ASC and I have always seen everything in grey.

God has seen your family members with much more thoroughness and accuracy than the people who have given you shallow & unasked for opinion.

I have said the Lord's Prayer for you.

Upvote 0

NeverL0ved

Oct 20, 2019
Brisbane, QLD
✟21,254.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor

The more you believe things in order to get out of your situation, the more it will compound your problems. You need real knowledge about your situation specific to you, because you can't attack the root cause of your crisis unless you know what the root causes are. That means looking inside and examining what's going on, and then taking those most venerable elements out for examination.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Welcome to the forum.

Just a tip while you search for either the prayer wall or the Christian advice sub-forums of the site. Remove your thought patterns off hell for a while and search out the more promising scriptures of Jesus' salvation. Also look at some of the key people in scripture, non of them in the flesh were anything to rave about. God doesn't want to let any of us go !!

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm so afraid to the point where I'm constantly crying my eyes out and I am absolutely miserable and feel like I'm in a living breathing nightmare about the realities of hell and how things really are.
It's better to focus on God than on the problem. Fears unchecked grow and fester and become malignant. The antidote is to meditate on God's goodness. No one is an adequate judge of anyone else's salvation; that's a losing game. We are not even the ultimate judge of our own. That right belongs to the One who judges perfectly, with both justice and mercy, and thank God it is so.

God loves your sister and friend and family more than you do. So try to calm down and let Him be God. Focus on letting Him live big within you, and He will do the rest. Anything else is futile and will also drag you down.

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
Be anxious for nothing, but in all things, through prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever honest, whatever just, whatever pure, whatever lovely, whatever of good report, if there be any virtue and if any praise, meditate on these things.
And what you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. -Phil 4:4-9​

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Thank you for your honesty. God can forgive the honest sinner. It's the self righteous who disqualify themselves.

I see no point in giving you false comfort. God has already saved all people through the sacrifice of His Son, our Lord Jesus. The reality is that not all people want to be saved. Or, to be more precise, not all people want God's way of salvation.

You will be a more effective witness to those you love if you can get free of the fears and doubts that plague you. It is possible to have absolute assurance that God loves you, that you are accepted by God and that your eternal future is settled. Would it not be wonderful if people were amazed at how full of joy you were? Not long after I was saved, someone I knew told me that I was the happiest man he'd ever met. Christians should be full of joy! We should be at peace. It is possible. It is normal. Being unhappy and depressed is not normal for a Christian.

Last November I was in hospital for 7 hours. My heart had decided to do it's own thing and I was in ED. The "cure" was to stop my heart and let it restart. It's the Microsoft reboot method. While I was being prepped for the procedure, heart rate varying from 50 to 180, I had plenty of time to think about what could happen. I was not at all worried. I have responsibilities in this life. At the same time, I was thinking maybe I was not going home on this earth but heading to my home in heaven, a place better than I can even imagine.

You realise that you are a sinner and not qualified to enter heaven. That's a good start. The next step is to have the assurance that your sins are forgiven. You need the assurance that you are forgiven. You need to know that God accepts all who accept the Lord Jesus. It's not enough to have mental agreement. You can buy a ticket to get you to Hawaii. Until you get on the plane, you are going nowhere. Sin is a debt that we owe God. We cannot pay it. Lord Jesus already has paid it. There is nothing for us to do but accept, and praise Him by thanking Him.

Oh, my heart returned to normal just before the procedure. People were praying for me. I told the staff that it was a miracle and an answer to prayer. The doctor and the anaesthetist (what sadist made that word up??) were Christians! We had a little praise and thanking meeting before I went home.

God loves you more than you can imagine. All He asks is that you accept His way of salvation and learn to live in harmony with Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
classified as lukewarm Christians

As has been suggested rather than focus on the problem focus on the solution.
You have access to the internet so use it to find church services being broadcast on line and make a point of attending a service.
Try All Souls, Langham place London, England for a great online service.
Bible gateway has a daily Bible reading program, start following it.
Checkout your local churches for midweek meetings on line.

If you are a Christian, start doing what Christians do, attend church, read the Bible and praying for others.

When life returns to normal, start physically attending a church each week etc

Upvote 0

GoodGrace

Apr 4, 2020
Florida
✟15,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you musicalpilgrim, I truly appreciate your suggestion! I'll check it out:>

Hi, welcome to the forum in Jesus name it's a great place to be for fellowship with other Christians.
I would recommend the Prayer Wall for prayer support and advice. There are quite a number of prayer warriors to support you there. I Pray for you and your friends. Jesus loves you so much.

Upvote 0

GoodGrace

Apr 4, 2020
Florida
✟15,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Aussie Pete,

Thank you so much for your dedicated reply and your personal story. Wow! Heart stuff can be so scary. It's wonderful that you found peace during it. What a miracle indeed, and now you know when the real time comes to face passing this Earth that you have already been there before, processed it, and found peace.

I understand that not everyone will be saved. It's really, really sad. I know I can save the world, only Jesus can and God with His drawing, but i hope that i can at least have my loved ones. Please, Aussie Pete, would you take a little time to pray for the salvation of my loved ones for me? It would mean a whole lot. I also plan on visiting the prayer section here.

If you decide to do this for me, would you like my name and the 4 others I'm worried about?

thank you for your time=>

Thank you for your honesty. God can forgive the honest sinner. It's the self righteous who disqualify themselves.

I see no point in giving you false comfort. God has already saved all people through the sacrifice of His Son, our Lord Jesus. The reality is that not all people want to be saved. Or, to be more precise, not all people want God's way of salvation.

You will be a more effective witness to those you love if you can get free of the fears and doubts that plague you. It is possible to have absolute assurance that God loves you, that you are accepted by God and that your eternal future is settled. Would it not be wonderful if people were amazed at how full of joy you were? Not long after I was saved, someone I knew told me that I was the happiest man he'd ever met. Christians should be full of joy! We should be at peace. It is possible. It is normal. Being unhappy and depressed is not normal for a Christian.

Last November I was in hospital for 7 hours. My heart had decided to do it's own thing and I was in ED. The "cure" was to stop my heart and let it restart. It's the Microsoft reboot method. While I was being prepped for the procedure, heart rate varying from 50 to 180, I had plenty of time to think about what could happen. I was not at all worried. I have responsibilities in this life. At the same time, I was thinking maybe I was not going home on this earth but heading to my home in heaven, a place better than I can even imagine.

You realise that you are a sinner and not qualified to enter heaven. That's a good start. The next step is to have the assurance that your sins are forgiven. You need the assurance that you are forgiven. You need to know that God accepts all who accept the Lord Jesus. It's not enough to have mental agreement. You can buy a ticket to get you to Hawaii. Until you get on the plane, you are going nowhere. Sin is a debt that we owe God. We cannot pay it. Lord Jesus already has paid it. There is nothing for us to do but accept, and praise Him by thanking Him.

Oh, my heart returned to normal just before the procedure. People were praying for me. I told the staff that it was a miracle and an answer to prayer. The doctor and the anaesthetist (what sadist made that word up??) were Christians! We had a little praise and thanking meeting before I went home.

God loves you more than you can imagine. All He asks is that you accept His way of salvation and learn to live in harmony with Him.

Upvote 0

GoodGrace

Apr 4, 2020
Florida
✟15,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you Amitta for taking some time for me.
Thinking in gray really makes it harder!

Are the all-or-nothing thinkers that you mentioned those who believe that you have to be hypervigilant on every sin or else you won't be saved?

Thank you for praying the Lord's Prayer for me

I hope you will have the courage to critique the all-or-nothing thinkers. There are so many erroneous denominations and individuals / tendencies / movements within denominations. We out of "tact" don't always name them.

I also have ASC and I have always seen everything in grey.

God has seen your family members with much more thoroughness and accuracy than the people who have given you shallow & unasked for opinion.

I have said the Lord's Prayer for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoodGrace

Apr 4, 2020
Florida
✟15,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you NeverL0ved, that is very insightful!

The more you believe things in order to get out of your situation, the more it will compound your problems. You need real knowledge about your situation specific to you, because you can't attack the root cause of your crisis unless you know what the root causes are. That means looking inside and examining what's going on, and then taking those most venerable elements out for examination.

Upvote 0

GoodGrace

Apr 4, 2020
Florida
✟15,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dave G, thank you so much for your response! I'll check out the prayer wall, I hear it's truly wonderful. Thank you for telling me that about the key people in the Bible, I needed to hear that. I feel that I'm order for my loved ones and I to be saved, we have to be hypervigilant on all our sins all the time which it too overwhelming. I know God changes you through time, but it feels soooo urgent.

Welcome to the forum.

Just a tip while you search for either the prayer wall or the Christian advice sub-forums of the site. Remove your thought patterns off hell for a while and search out the more promising scriptures of Jesus' salvation. Also look at some of the key people in scripture, non of them in the flesh were anything to rave about. God doesn't want to let any of us go !!

Upvote 0

GoodGrace

Apr 4, 2020
Florida
✟15,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you faroukfarouk, haha I'm glad you like it, I wasn't sure what to come up with=>

I looked up Hebrews 12.2, it was wonderful. Thank you for the reference and you care

Hi; great screen name!

Hebrews 12.2 is a great verse; and the passage around it is very helpful.

Upvote 0

GoodGrace

Apr 4, 2020
Florida
✟15,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
paul1149, that was beautiful and insightful! I definitely struggle with knowing whether or not I am saved. What you said has a lot of weight. Fears definitely take a mile out of that inch really quickly. I know that God loves my loved ones more than I could ever imagine oh, and everything that matters to me matters even more to Him. I will continue working to try and let God live big in me. Nicely said and thank you so much for the scripture

It's better to focus on God than on the problem. Fears unchecked grow and fester and become malignant. The antidote is to meditate on God's goodness. No one is an adequate judge of anyone else's salvation; that's a losing game. We are not even the ultimate judge of our own. That right belongs to the One who judges perfectly, with both justice and mercy, and thank God it is so.

God loves your sister and friend and family more than you do. So try to calm down and let Him be God. Focus on letting Him live big within you, and He will do the rest. Anything else is futile and will also drag you down.

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
Be anxious for nothing, but in all things, through prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever honest, whatever just, whatever pure, whatever lovely, whatever of good report, if there be any virtue and if any praise, meditate on these things.
And what you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. -Phil 4:4-9​

• Friendly
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

GoodGrace

Apr 4, 2020
Florida
✟15,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also wanted to say thank you for your prayer for me and my loved ones. It means a lot

Upvote 0