Lindas Place

Oct 11, 2011
United States
✟16,855.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i would have to agree with your own personal assessment of yourself.. you are bad.. i am sorry to admit..you are right in stating that you are living a lie.. but, the true lie is that you imply that you are saved and then willingly continue in sin.. it is doubtful that you were ever saved.. true christians cannot live with the conviction.. in fact. we would rather die than risk our salvation.. some sins are hard to overcome.. but to say that you could lose everything if you come clean.. believe me. that statement is the same as spitting in the face of Christ.. anyhow.. i won't waste anymore of your valuable time.. i always have a hard time respecting anyone that chooses personal gain over Christs sacrifice for them on the cross.
Only a child of God who is in the light can see their sin… in darkness we see ourselves as good/ as God, we hide our sin, we cannot see them. You should have been convicted when you proclaimed you are good, but clearly you were not. Obviously, I disagree with you, for one I don’t believe you are good, I believe God alone is good. I do believe the OP is a sinner and knows it, as all God’s children do. In the light we compare ourselves with Jesus, in Him there is no darkness. Comparing ourselves to other people, we can deceive ourselves into believing we are good. Come into the light and take a look at yourself, I think you will see differently.

Mark 10:18
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2011
Scotland
✟7,846.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
i would have to agree with your own personal assessment of yourself.. you are bad.. i am sorry to admit..you are right in stating that you are living a lie.. but, the true lie is that you imply that you are saved and then willingly continue in sin.. it is doubtful that you were ever saved.. true christians cannot live with the conviction.. in fact. we would rather die than risk our salvation.. some sins are hard to overcome.. but to say that you could lose everything if you come clean.. believe me. that statement is the same as spitting in the face of Christ.. anyhow.. i won't waste anymore of your valuable time.. i always have a hard time respecting anyone that chooses personal gain over Christs sacrifice for them on the cross.

Oh, for heaven's sake! (literally!) Really, brother?! You're clearly a wise man of God. So why this?

We have a sister here who is clearly in turmoil as it is. She knows she's in a mess, she's scared and frightened. She came looking for advice and support. And you're condemning her?!

I know that as Christians we have a duty to speak the truth in love to one another, but really. I'm afraid I see no love in your post whatsoever. I bet there's not one person reading this who hasn't been in what they felt was a totally impossible situation. I know I have. It's a truly terrible place to be and when you're there you need all the support you can get.

The woman's scared for her very salvation! She already feels God's conviction or she wouldn't be here asking us for help. The devil is probably also doing a fine job of beating her over the head with this. She does not need the same from people who frankly have no right to judge and who should know better.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

UTVols345, please remember this also - Matthew 19:26 "Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Reactions: Angelfrog
Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some people on this forum have a tendency to really prattle on with judgmental garbage. Move on folks!
We worship a Savior ... not an executioner.

Hey UTVols ... hope all is going well in your life!
I get the sense that you're moving in the right direction.
I'll say a prayer.

cheers,
Gideon123

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
  • 17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? 18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

• 19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. 20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. 21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

• 22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

• 23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! 24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

• Compare: Matthew 19:16-30; Luke 18:18-30

Upvote 0

Lindas Place

Oct 11, 2011
United States
✟16,855.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • 17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? 18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
  • 19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. 20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. 21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
  • 22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
  • 23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! 24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
  • Compare: Matthew 19:16-30; Luke 18:18-30
Read on.....

25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”
26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible

26 Those who heard this asked, “Who then can be saved?”
27 Jesus replied, “What is impossible with men is possible with God

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I won't say what it is. I'm not comfortable saying it publicly. And its a pretty unique situation. Not one that someone could usually think of to be the norm.
God loves you and He proved it beyond all doubt.

God came in the form of a man and did only that which was good and right to all men and
they hated and despised Him and lied about Him and condemned Him to the death of one who
is cursed of God and guilty of crimes worthy of torture and death.

Jesus died for all the sins of the world past, present and future including yours.

God so loved you that He gave, He gave Himself to you completely and freely without any
requirements on you but one,
that you would allow Him to love you and to take your place in judgement and
condemnation and punishment so that you can be with Him forever in love and relationship.

No sin is so great that it can separate you from this love of God in Christ.

Only by your rejection of God's love will send Him away from you in sorrow.

Don't believe the lies of the devil but receive the love of God in that He
died for you while you where not even looking for Him and that He loved
you before you were ever born into this world as your name is written
upon His heart that was broken for you on your cross because He loves you
with a love so great that this world could not contain it.

Let God love you.
Let God forgive you.
Stop holding the love of God at arms length and let Him in....

Last edited:
Reactions: Strider1002
Upvote 0

Lindas Place

Oct 11, 2011
United States
✟16,855.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God loves you and He proved it beyond all doubt.

God came in the form of a man and did only that which was good and right to all men and
they hated and despised Him and lied about Him and condemed Him to the death of one who
is cursed of God and guilty of crimes worthy of torture and death.

Jesus died for all the sins of the world past, present and future including yours.

God so loved you that He gave, He gave Himself to you completely and freely without any
requirements on you but one,
that you would allow Him to love you and to take your place in judgement and
condemnation and punishment so that you can be with Him forever in love and relationship.

No sin is so great that it can separate you from this love of God in Christ.

Only by your rejection of God's love will send Him away from you in sorrow.

Don't believe the lies of the devil but receive the love of God in that He
died for you while you where not even looking for Him and that He loved
you before you were ever born into this world as your name is written
upon His heart that was broken for you on your cross because He loves you
with a love so great that this world could not contain it.

Let God love you.
Let God forgive you.
Stop holding the love of God at arms length and let Him in....
AMEN! this is LOVE.

Upvote 0

Angelfrog

Rock, paper, JESUS! I win!
Oct 22, 2009
Sitting on a cloud in England.
✟9,863.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, for heaven's sake! (literally!) Really, brother?! You're clearly a wise man of God. So why this?

We have a sister here who is clearly in turmoil as it is. She knows she's in a mess, she's scared and frightened. She came looking for advice and support. And you're condemning her?!

I know that as Christians we have a duty to speak the truth in love to one another, but really. I'm afraid I see no love in your post whatsoever. I bet there's not one person reading this who hasn't been in what they felt was a totally impossible situation. I know I have. It's a truly terrible place to be and when you're there you need all the support you can get.

The woman's scared for her very salvation! She already feels God's conviction or she wouldn't be here asking us for help. The devil is probably also doing a fine job of beating her over the head with this. She does not need the same from people who frankly have no right to judge and who should know better.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

UTVols345, please remember this also - Matthew 19:26 "Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

:amen:

Upvote 0

tranz4md

Redeemed by His grace
Jun 6, 2011
✟15,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Jesus said those without sin cast the first stone.

So lemon aid stand I guess when you came to know Christ you were instantly perfected and you do nothing now to grieve the Holy Spirit on your sanctifying journey through life.

Paul said I have not yet attained the mark of the high calling which is in Christ Jesus but I press on toward that mark.

We all who believe and accept Jesus Christ have been justified, now here on this earth during this life we are being sanctified, and when we go home to be with the Lord we will then be glorified. It is a 3 dimensional salvation. Past, present, and future.

The present is here and now (ongoing sanctification) and as children of God He will never let us go, which is why UTVols345 feels the way she does. It's her Papa's loving heart convicting His daughter to choose obedience over disobedience. Whatever choice she makes does not make her any less God's child because if she were not His child she would never feel the convictions in the first place.

UTVols345, I pray that you will choose obedience to the Word of God and not let the enemy try to dissuade you in anyway.

Think of this, there may be a major blessing God wants to bring to your life just around the corner and this lie is the enemy's way of preventing that blessing, and then on the other hand it could be a test from our Father to see where your true loyalty lies. Maybe it's that He wants ALL of you surrendered to Him because He has a future purpose to use you for His glory in a mighty way.

Just a thought!

I pray you choose truth!! Remeber God says, "Be sure your sin will find you out."

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

UTVols345

Jan 16, 2012
Seymour,TN
✟7,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ok I'm literally in tears. Thank you to all who just stuck up for me. I don't believe anyone is without sin. I just don't believe it. INCLUDING lemonaidstand. The first word that popped into my head was 'judgmental'. But that is on his or her shoulders.

To lemonaidstand, I hope that when someone close to you in your life comes to you for help, you do not treat them the way you just treated me.

I'm not freakin perfect. Neither are you. You can question my salvation all you want to. Fortunately, I do not live by your opinions. I know I'm saved. You know NOTHING of my relationship with God, just as I know nothing of yours. You may think you know something because of what I've posted, but what I've posted hasn't even scratched the surface of what I'm going through. Who are you to say anything?

“Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged. And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye." Matthew 7:1-5

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." -Romans 3:23

Next time you point a finger, make sure your hands are clean.

Upvote 0

3rdHeaven

Truth Seeker
Nov 23, 2011
✟1,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
you feel the conviction..most bad people don't. I'd say you're in a good position.. you know Christ, you know his power over you.. now to stop what you're doing, because if you can't give up everything for God, you probably can't get into Heaven.

I agree, it's harder for us to do bad things. We feel the guilt and conviction, but that passes in time if you do not act on it accordingly. The lie becomes easier.

I don't know what it is that the OP is hiding, but if it bothers her this much, it must be serious.

What does it profit a person to gain the whole world and loose their life?

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree, it's harder for us to do bad things. We feel the guilt and conviction, but that passes in time if you do not act on it accordingly. The lie becomes easier.
I let my conviction pass on and got use to ignoring it when it came to a personal problem I had. But after reading this one christian book one day. I felt it back with a vengence and realized I needed to change!

you probably can't get into Heaven.
We actually talked about this today when we were with some christian friends. Correct me if I am wrong but the bible does not say you will you will not make it to heaven if you sin (er...more or less). More so it says God will forgive you for your sin. The only thing that will change where you go is if you decide not to be a christian, in short you fall out of Gods grace.

Although to even make it in the first place you had to have really meant it in your heart when you accept Christ into it. He knows your intent and motive behind every action you take. God will always forgive you and you will get into heaven outside of that.

I am horrible at phrasing things so I apologize if that sounded diffrent then what I meant. I may be wrong entirely. I know this is always debated among various christian denominations. Its just what I was taught as a non-denominational perosn.

Upvote 0

Lindas Place

Oct 11, 2011
United States
✟16,855.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't know what it is that the OP is hiding, but if it bothers her this much, it must be serious.

What does it profit a person to gain the whole world and loose their life?
all sin is serious, including our sin. if you don't want to lose your life, trust Jesus, He's a sinners only hope for salvation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Forgiven828

Jun 25, 2011
FL
✟8,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Lemon-aid stand,
Brother may I gently remind you that condemning others, judging others is not what our Saviour asked us to do?
May I refer you to Luke 6:37?

Sometimes when we see something that upsets us we react before thinking things through. Our sister who obviously loves the Lord and feels guilt and shame about this sin, is seeking out counsel among those who she should be able to call family. Let's remind ourselves that we sin everyday and our sin is no different than her sin. A sin is a sin.

UTVols345 dear sister you are in my prayers. It is our Lords job to put a conviction on your heart about what you must do. It is my job to gently nudge you back toward the right path.

You mentioned that you feel you are on a successful path. You know as well as I do that success here on earth is just temporary. Store up your treasures where they will have everlasting joy for you.

God bless you! :prayer:

Upvote 0

Forgiven828

Jun 25, 2011
FL
✟8,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
UTVols345

Music moves me in ways that sometimes nothing else can. I wanted to share this song with you. I hope you enjoy it as I do.

God bless.

watch

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A truly bad person wouldn't be so conflicted. When things are going well, a selfish worldly person would be fine with whatever means it took to get there.

On a purely practical level, lies tend to get bigger and the consequences worsen the longer they go on. Guilt and regret may end up taking away a lot of that happiness that you worked so hard to get. I don't know your situation, but I hope that you find an answer that can free you of this burden.

Upvote 0

dflogan77

Dec 7, 2011
✟15,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Really??? This is the best Christian advice you can offer. You have trouble respecting this person, how dare you make such hateful comments. You actually question the OP's salvation, do you think you have the right to do that? I've followed your so called Christian advice through several threads and all you have successfully acheived is to discourage and hurt each person who have bared there souls on this forum. Have you even noticed the offense you continually cause, or are you or do you take joy in being so blunt? I won't dare question your Salvation but I will say that maybe you should pray for a Humble heart as you demonstrate quite a nasty arrogant streak in your so called advice. Like I said previously I think you need to stop offering advice and maybe ask for some. Sorry mate but you have continually offended people and I really cannot stand that. I'm a new Christian but I firmly believe that if we are to offer advice we should do our very best to show love for the person who is seeking advice. Not tear them down further.

Upvote 0