Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am just looking for honest opinions here.
My honest opinion is that you're in a relationship with an incredibly abusive man, and you need to get out. You owe it to yourself and your child to not hold onto wishful ideas that he'll change, and instead act on the reasonable expectation that he'll get much, much worse.

Dump that chump, do everything in your power to make sure he can't find you, and work to figure out why you picked him in the first place so you don't end up with another just like him.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
This is actually a very good point. I didn't think of the fact that my child might get some of those behaviors, but I see that you're right and I would have to think a lot about that.
Also, I think that you are correct in that I might be broken and that's what got me into this. Looking back, I should have noticed many issues and haven't closed my eyes on it, but something made me forget about the red flags thinking that he will be good and it's just a small fault that doesn't mean too much. I should have known better and been more secure in myself to let him go way earlier. I really hope I have learned enough from this to not make the same mistakes again. But I probably have many other issues in myself that I haven't even realized yet, and you're right that I should probably think about it, especially if I want to protect my own child from those things.
Thank you so much for the insight
From experience never underestimate your desire to overestimate your ability to handle difficult people that is why I suggested help and from a wise person who has encountered/dealt with difficult and damaged people. I personally believe as a Christian we are all damaged goods, but the issue is how can satan and those not following God take advantage of that to ruin us... trust me if we have weaknesses the closer we get to God the more we see attacks on us based on those weaknesses. I'm not sure if it is God allowing it to strengthen us or just the nature of living in a fallen world but it seems at times that people who stand up for Christ even in the least often seem to be broadsided by seemingly extreme attacks that at times can force us to surrender to the attackers or fall on our face and plead for God's help.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

YanaMarkova

Feb 4, 2021
West Palm Beach
✟20,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My honest opinion is that you're in a relationship with an incredibly abusive man, and you need to get out. You owe it to yourself and your child to not hold onto wishful ideas that he'll change, and instead act on the reasonable expectation that he'll get much, much worse.

Dump that chump, do everything in your power to make sure he can't find you, and work to figure out why you picked him in the first place so you don't end up with another just like him.
Thank you. I have already decided that I am definitely divorcing him. I have a consultation with a lawyer on Tuesday. Hopefully, it will all be easy and not too expensive, because I do not have enough money to go through legal battles at the moment.

Upvote 0

YanaMarkova

Feb 4, 2021
West Palm Beach
✟20,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From experience never underestimate your desire to overestimate your ability to handle difficult people that is why I suggested help and from a wise person who has encountered/dealt with difficult and damaged people. I personally believe as a Christian we are all damaged goods, but the issue is how can satan and those not following God take advantage of that to ruin us... trust me if we have weaknesses the closer we get to God the more we see attacks on us based on those weaknesses. I'm not sure if it is God allowing it to strengthen us or just the nature of living in a fallen world but it seems at times that people who stand up for Christ even in the least often seem to be broadsided by seemingly extreme attacks that at times can force us to surrender to the attackers or fall on our face and plead for God's help.
You're right. I will look into Christian counseling, I believe there's an app that has the counseling for pretty cheap. Do you maybe have any other suggestions for that? I would definitely want a Christian counselor.

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
You're right. I will look into Christian counseling, I believe there's an app that has the counseling for pretty cheap. Do you maybe have any other suggestions for that? I would definitely want a Christian counselor.
I would first consider counseling from a local church as they can also help hook you up with other needs and perhaps even get you into a sort of support group and you may be struggling to make ends meet right now plus you probably need help finding a lawyer that has experience in international problems and people that can help you deal with such issues plus some even know how to get financial assistance and maybe even employment and child care when that concern comes in the future. I don't envy single moms at all as they have a lot on a sometimes empty plate to handle.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I have considered that something might not be okay with him mentally, but I really am not sure. I do have a pastor to whom I talk to, and he and his wife have tried to get in contact with my husband but he hasn't responded to them. I speak to them quite frequently.
I do not want to give my child away, I wouldn't be able to do that. I want to raise my child myself.

Make sure you get on a pre-natal vitamin immediately

Upvote 0

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Speak to him in realistic terms. Don't accept any of the worldly jargon ungodly people use to avoid reality. If he says he "doesn't want a child", tell Him "too late, you already have a child". If he talks about "terminating the pregnancy", tell him you are not going to murder your little daughter or son. As their mother, you are going to protect them at every point in their life, including the first nine months. If possible, see if you can stay with a relative or friend where you and your child will be safe. If you contact a pro-life service, they can probably arrange for you to stay with a loving pro-life family, where he will not be able to find you.

Upvote 0

YanaMarkova

Feb 4, 2021
West Palm Beach
✟20,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would first consider counseling from a local church as they can also help hook you up with other needs and perhaps even get you into a sort of support group and you may be struggling to make ends meet right now plus you probably need help finding a lawyer that has experience in international problems and people that can help you deal with such issues plus some even know how to get financial assistance and maybe even employment and child care when that concern comes in the future. I don't envy single moms at all as they have a lot on a sometimes empty plate to handle.
Thank you so much for this, I actually didn't think that the lawyer would probably need experience in international cases, I am asking them now if that's something they have experience in, thank you so much.

Upvote 0

YanaMarkova

Feb 4, 2021
West Palm Beach
✟20,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Speak to him in realistic terms. Don't accept any of the worldly jargon ungodly people use to avoid reality. If he says he "doesn't want a child", tell Him "too late, you already have a child". If he talks about "terminating the pregnancy", tell him you are not going to murder your little daughter or son. As their mother, you are going to protect them at every point in their life, including the first nine months. If possible, see if you can stay with a relative or friend where you and your child will be safe. If you contact a pro-life service, they can probably arrange for you to stay with a loving pro-life family, where he will not be able to find you.
I have told him all of those things, but, unfortunately, that doesn't change his mind or heart. He won't be able to find me for a while as he is in Nigeria and doesn't currently have any way of getting to the united States. I will speak to the lawyer next week about what I need to do in order to protect myself in case he does want to find me or the child some years from now.

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

YanaMarkova

Feb 4, 2021
West Palm Beach
✟20,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the link! It's not that I don't know how to buy them, I just wanted to make sure I get the right ones based on what the doctor says.. I really don't know much about pre-natal vitamins and I don't always trust Vitamins in general because I believe that a good diet should provide sufficient enough vitamins and eating one vitamin is not natural as God gives plants that have multiple vitamins in them in the right proportions. So yeah..

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you for the link! It's not that I don't know how to buy them, I just wanted to make sure I get the right ones based on what the doctor says.. I really don't know much about pre-natal vitamins and I don't always trust Vitamins in general because I believe that a good diet should provide sufficient enough vitamins and eating one vitamin is not natural as God gives plants that have multiple vitamins in them in the right proportions. So yeah..

I understand.

Reactions: YanaMarkova
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you so much for this, I actually didn't think that the lawyer would probably need experience in international cases, I am asking them now if that's something they have experience in, thank you so much.
You may need several lawyers for both American legal issues and international legalities as in your case it could require you to find legal actions using both countries court systems and then have to balance the results back and forth to satisfy both systems. My sister is living in another country now with her husband and has had all sorts of problems trying to get citizenship there so she is allowed to live there and going back and forth getting documents from here and there and filing in both places. It is possible this could get expensive too maybe you will need financial aid first to pursue any legal actions that may require paying a local advocate in the other country to represent you there.

Upvote 0

YanaMarkova

Feb 4, 2021
West Palm Beach
✟20,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You may need several lawyers for both American legal issues and international legalities as in your case it could require you to find legal actions using both countries court systems and then have to balance the results back and forth to satisfy both systems. My sister is living in another country now with her husband and has had all sorts of problems trying to get citizenship there so she is allowed to live there and going back and forth getting documents from here and there and filing in both places. It is possible this could get expensive too maybe you will need financial aid first to pursue any legal actions that may require paying a local advocate in the other country to represent you there.
Technically we are not married in Nigeria. I think, I'm not sure how it works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Technically we are not married in Nigeria. I think, I'm not sure how it works.
That could get even more complicated as you would may need legal help with that countries laws also. Some countries don't recognize things from others as "legal" normally, you have to go through hoops to establish things before you can deal with them and then they may possibly honor other countries laws regarding their legalities when it concerns citizens of that country. In other words things could be easy to take care of or require the pulling of hair and screaming and banging your head to get through it.

Upvote 0

YanaMarkova

Feb 4, 2021
West Palm Beach
✟20,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That could get even more complicated as you would may need legal help with that countries laws also. Some countries don't recognize things from others as "legal" normally, you have to go through hoops to establish things before you can deal with them and then they may possibly honor other countries laws regarding their legalities when it concerns citizens of that country. In other words things could be easy to take care of or require the pulling of hair and screaming and banging your head to get through it.
Hopefully, it won't be like that.. I really don't want this process to take any longer than it should, I want everything to be over as soon as possible so I don't have to think about it and can fully focus on my child and the future

Upvote 0