Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I have been their, but that is me being selfish because it is not going the way i wanted it too go...

You can't have a wish list with God, you have to put your trust fully in him.

Are you really listening, do you want to listen.

I also think coming on here is a sign that God is pushing you towards him again. H

God love nevers quits on us.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, I want to apologize for the negativity in my message. I am not "trolling" or trying to start anything. I am just simply being honest with my feelings.

I used to be a believer for many years - my whole life, in fact. Spoke in tongues, went to church, gave tithings and tried to live a good life. I wasn't perfect, but I tried to follow The Word according to Him.

Well, the last few years things have been very rough. Though I pray and pray and pray, it seems like it just keeps going on and on. Everyone makes mistakes - and I have sat back and objectively looked at my mistakes and what I can do better.

Still nothing. I ask Him to guide me and show me the way so that I can improve my life...still nothing.

Finally, I have reached a point where I don't think he exists anymore. As a formerly devout Christian, I NEVER thought I would utter those words.

Please remember that I am not "trolling" or trying to start anything, but rather, I am a firm believer that if something is bothering you, it's important to talk about it so that you can overcome it.

That is why I am here - to talk about this and get this off my chest. And honestly, it feels so liberating. No more endless praying. Though I will always try to do the right thing and have morals, it feels like such a relief to let go of the fact that I at one time, believed in him.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I feel so much better.

Thanks for listening.

God talks to us all of the time, in many different ways. Do you have sin in your life which you have not repented for? That is what keeps us from hearing His voice.

Upvote 0
C

creativeguy504

Thanks to everyone who replied and offered prayers. I really appreciate. Truth be told, I don't know if I really lost my faith...or if I was just telling myself that because I felt hopeless. Anyway, my faith is here and I do thank those who reached out.

A couple quick things. First, I was never "blaming" God for my problems. I'm a firm believer that whenever we hit a rough patch (whether it be the end of a relationship or something else), it's always good to step back and analyze what we may have done to contribute to that. That way, we can learn from our mistakes and move on.

Yes, I've made some mistakes and learned from them (and made changes), but still feel like I'm struggling. That is why I really began to feel hopeless. I certainly don't think I'm above challenges and problems in life. It happens to everyone, and I certainly didn't complain when problems arose. But after awhile, it just seemed like there was no light at the end of the tunnel, despite the changes I made to improve my life.

Anyway, I can finally see the light ahead. It's just...there.

Thanks again for all the prayers.

-Creativeguy

Upvote 0
W

wayne blair

Time to slow down, shut up and listen for His whisperings. A memory. A piece of scripture. A poignant word from someone (maybe not even one of the chosen frozen). He will get back to you. The fact that you are troubled by this gives me encouragement that you have not fallen down the trap-door. Now, Friend...have you busied yourself with too many other things. He is jealous ya' lnow. Yesterday I finished reading Hosea. You might do the same.WB

Upvote 0

watchman007

Jul 30, 2012
Florida
✟8,207.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
First, I want to apologize for the negativity in my message. I am not "trolling" or trying to start anything. I am just simply being honest with my feelings.

I used to be a believer for many years - my whole life, in fact. Spoke in tongues, went to church, gave tithings and tried to live a good life. I wasn't perfect, but I tried to follow The Word according to Him.

Well, the last few years things have been very rough. Though I pray and pray and pray, it seems like it just keeps going on and on. Everyone makes mistakes - and I have sat back and objectively looked at my mistakes and what I can do better.

Still nothing. I ask Him to guide me and show me the way so that I can improve my life...still nothing.

Finally, I have reached a point where I don't think he exists anymore. As a formerly devout Christian, I NEVER thought I would utter those words.

Please remember that I am not "trolling" or trying to start anything, but rather, I am a firm believer that if something is bothering you, it's important to talk about it so that you can overcome it.

That is why I am here - to talk about this and get this off my chest. And honestly, it feels so liberating. No more endless praying. Though I will always try to do the right thing and have morals, it feels like such a relief to let go of the fact that I at one time, believed in him.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I feel so much better.

Thanks for listening.

I think you should change churches, because you weren't being fed at the old one. Beware of anyone who teaches their congregation to speak in tongues. You haven't spoken in tongues. Acts tells us what speaking in tongues is, it's when the Holy Spirit speaks through you and everyone around you hears you in their own language and dialect, it's understandable.

I've heard my friends speak in tongues, and it's gibberish crap. It's up there with people who dance with poison snakes because they don't understand what the Bible is telling them in the first place.

The fact now that you don't believe tells me you never truly had faith in the first place. God is not on 'your time' to answer your requests, when the time is right he will. It sounds to me like you're asking more of a "if you're here prove it" type request, which goes against belief in the first place.

He guides you with his word, it's all there, the Bible. He'll guide you when he wants, and he can guide you by YOU READING HIS WORDS.

Now it's up to you to pull yourself together, you're living in times even the prophets wanted to live in. You're seeing prophecy after prophecy fulfilled infront of your eyes, and you want to run off of "he didn't talk to me, I feel sorry for myself so I'm not going to believe", mentality

Re-examine yourself, by yourself and talk to him and get things right. PM me if you want help.

Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Proverbs 10:2
English Standard Version
Treasures gained by wickedness do not profit, but righteousness delivers from death.

Proverbs 16:8
English Standard Version
Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues with injustice.

Doing the right thing isn't a guarantee of worldly success, sometimes doing the right thing can cause a loss of worldly success, or even persecution. Following Christ is about picking up your cross (a form of suffering) and following Him.

Matthew 16:24
English Standard Version
Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Upvote 0