Sancta Simplicitas
Sep 16, 2003
Arlington, TX
✟16,064.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Woohoo! I'm going to New Orleans this weekend with my family. Tomarrow we are flying in and then driving out to Florida the next day for a family reunion. Then we will be back Saturday to hang out. I am hoping to go to Mass with my family on Sunday in Jackson Square. Anyone from around the area going to be there on Sunday? :)

I cant wait!!! :p

*steps down from his soap box* :)

God bless!

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Swoosh said:
Woohoo! I'm going to New Orleans this weekend with my family. Tomarrow we are flying in and then driving out to Florida the next day for a family reunion. Then we will be back Saturday to hang out. I am hoping to go to Mass with my family on Sunday in Jackson Square. Anyone from around the area going to be there on Sunday? :)

I cant wait!!! :p

*steps down from his soap box* :)

God bless!
I live here but not in the city nor do I go into the city often. Be careful please, it is very dangerous. But have fun, there is much to see, the food is very good, do try some of the restaurant and it is very hot right now and we have been having really bad weather in between. Be careful.

Upvote 0

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
I know it wasn't directed at me, Michelle, but thanks for the advice, anyway. I'll post some pics when we get back. I already have quite a few, because Pensacola isn't too far away. We usually stop by St. Joseph's Abbey on the way in to town. Have you been there?

God Bless,

Neal

Upvote 0

Glynnw

Mar 8, 2004
New Orleans, La.
✟1,299.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:clap: I was at St. Louis Cathedral about a week ago. Beautiful Church built in 1715. There is a great statue of St. Therese in the back of the church by the candles. If you have time, go to the Ursuline Convent about five blocks away. You will not reqret it. We went on the tour and was blown away with all of the history. The gift shop can direct you to the Convent, which was built in 1745 by the French. Have a good time in New Orleans. :D Its a great place to visit and do they have great food.

God Bless, GlynnW

Upvote 0

Jay2004

Holy Catholic Evangelist
May 27, 2004
Ottawa
✟8,393.00
Faith
Catholic
I would love to go to New Orleans.

I am Acadian and from New Brunswick, Canada.

During the Acadian expulsion, many Acadians made their way down to Lousiana a settled there and are now Cajuns. I would like to see their culture, and see how different the French is from mine, and see the similarities too...

Upvote 0

Swoosh

Sancta Simplicitas
Sep 16, 2003
Arlington, TX
✟16,064.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I can't wait! I have been to New Oreleans many times before, but have only seen the Cathedral from outside. I will also look into going to the convent if we have time! I remember reading the thread about it, and it sounds very neat! :)

Well Im about to walk out the door so Ill drop by and talk more later!

God bless,
Swoosh

PS Ill PM ya when I get a chance Issh

Upvote 0

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Jay2004 said:

During the Acadian expulsion, many Acadians made their way down to Lousiana a settled there and are now Cajuns. I would like to see their culture, and see how different the French is from mine, and see the similarities too...
Their culture is eating anything that moves and ther French is broken. They talk real funny.

Upvote 0

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
isshinwhat said:
I know it wasn't directed at me, Michelle, but thanks for the advice, anyway. I'll post some pics when we get back. I already have quite a few, because Pensacola isn't too far away. We usually stop by St. Joseph's Abbey on the way in to town. Have you been there?

God Bless,

Neal
No I haven’t, believe it or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jay2004

Holy Catholic Evangelist
May 27, 2004
Ottawa
✟8,393.00
Faith
Catholic
quot-top-left.gif
Quote:
quot-top-right.gif
quot-by-left.gif
Originally Posted by: Jay2004
quot-by-right.gif
quot-top-right-10.gif

quot-bot-left.gif
quot-bot-right.gif

Their culture is eating anything that moves and ther French is broken. They talk real funny.
I could see that with the French, in New Brunswick, in areas where English and French overlap, there is a language called Chiac, which is and English/French mish mash..

Upvote 0

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Swoosh, PM me, please. :)

Here is a pic of my girlfriend and I in Nawlins' this past Saturday. No, there was no drunkeness, despite being on Bourbon Street. Mass was beautiful, very moving, as was the D-Day museum, which we went to on the 60th anniversary. I got to meet several D-Day Veterans. Never has a museum put a lump in my throat like that one did on that day.

God bless,

Neal

Attachments

• isshinwhat.jpg
    isshinwhat.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 63
  • isshinwhat2.jpg
    isshinwhat2.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 50
  • isshinwhat3.jpg
    isshinwhat3.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 65
  • isshinwhat4.jpg
    isshinwhat4.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 56
  • isshinwhat5.jpg
    isshinwhat5.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.