• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

I'm from the Philippines

Discussion in 'Filipino Christian Forum' started by Patricio, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Acts24Fourteen

Acts24Fourteen Newbie

+11
    SDA
    Does 'the church' in the Philippines openly teach its members against the terrible effects, and that it is evil, and not good, and demonic, in the sight of God to do those things?

3 John 1:2 KJV - Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

1 Corinthians 6:19 KJV - What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Causing open wounds by self-infliction is of the devil, and is pagan practice and origins:

1 Kings 18:28 KJV - And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.

Mark 5:5 KJV - And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.

Mark 5:9 KJV - And he asked him, What [is] thy name? And he answered, saying, My name [is] Legion: for we are many.

I know for instance that 'the practices' there have govt. police protection.

Personally, do you not see the gross error of the people? Christ Jesus weeps at the ignorance and at their destroying their own selves all in His name! God does not accept such worship, but the devil surely does!

Tell them to Repent!

Go to youtube, look: watch?v=ntLT2Sk2dmE

Good, please, please check out PAFCOE.

2. gennypearl

gennypearl ... Supporter

+46,669
    Catholic
    Single
    Hi there. That's as far as I can tell. I can only see them on TV. My place is far from where those practices are being held. Thanks for the comments. God bless!

3. DanielGarneau

DanielGarneau Co-heir with Christ

+5
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    Do they actually use nails and damage the bodies of the persons crucified or is it as what I have heard from South America where they use ropes and do not as far as I know bodily hurt those taking part in such rituals ?

4. Acts24Fourteen

Acts24Fourteen Newbie

+11
    SDA
    Actually nailed. Holes in hands, and wounded, etc. You can see it on Youtube, just type into Google: "youtube Crucifixion in Philippines".

5. DanielGarneau

DanielGarneau Co-heir with Christ

+5
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you very much for answering my question.

I personally think that this is a very sad pracitce, both humanly and spiritually speaking. As I understand Christianity, Christ died once for all to save anyone who believes in Him.

We need to trust and obey Him, not to reenact his death in such a fashion. The path of obedience requires death-like choices in certain circumstances.

Please note that I understand that it is not a practice that you agree with or that the Church in the Philippines agrees with, as it was mentioned in an earlier post of this thread. Still I wished to write what I just did as a way to protest against this practice.

Please receive this with the assurance that you have all my respect and sympathy... Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  6. pilgrimsong

pilgrimsong Newbie

+9
    Christian
    Single
    Hi BlueLioness the way she types. That's how Filipinos type thru text messages and when they chat with fellow Filipinos. Just shortcutting some english words there. There was an issue before, texting makes one dumb, and it can affect one's ability (especially when it comes to English)... maybe she's got used to it.

7. pilgrimsong

pilgrimsong Newbie

+9
    Christian
    Single
    hello hello

8. divinegraceb

divinegraceb New Member

+3
    Baptist
    Single
    :wave: mabuhay!