I'm from the Philippines

Apr 5, 2015
✟462.00
Faith
SDA
^The church doesn't endorse the activities you mentioned. It's the personal choice of those people.

Haven't heard of P.A.F.C.O.E. I'll try to check it out.
Does 'the church' in the Philippines openly teach its members against the terrible effects, and that it is evil, and not good, and demonic, in the sight of God to do those things?

3 John 1:2 KJV - Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

1 Corinthians 6:19 KJV - What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Causing open wounds by self-infliction is of the devil, and is pagan practice and origins:

1 Kings 18:28 KJV - And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.

Mark 5:5 KJV - And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.

Mark 5:9 KJV - And he asked him, What [is] thy name? And he answered, saying, My name [is] Legion: for we are many.

I know for instance that 'the practices' there have govt. police protection.

Personally, do you not see the gross error of the people? Christ Jesus weeps at the ignorance and at their destroying their own selves all in His name! God does not accept such worship, but the devil surely does!

Tell them to Repent!

Go to youtube, look: watch?v=ntLT2Sk2dmE

Good, please, please check out PAFCOE.

Upvote 0

DanielGarneau

Co-heir with Christ
Dec 18, 2014
Quebec
Visit site
✟8,473.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A few questions, for those in the Philippines, if I may?

Why do those in the Philippines every year at 'easter', go through an entire crucifixion, actually nailing a guy to a cross, with a train of people whipping and flogging themselves into bloody pulps, masking themselves?

Where does Christ Jesus, God, command such a thing to be done, or endorse such a thing in Scripture?

Do you not know it is an abomination in His sight, and that he cares most preciously for the minds and bodies of those people? [I seriously ask.]

Do they actually use nails and damage the bodies of the persons crucified or is it as what I have heard from South America where they use ropes and do not as far as I know bodily hurt those taking part in such rituals ?

Upvote 0
Apr 5, 2015
✟462.00
Faith
SDA
Do they actually use nails and damage the bodies of the persons crucified or is it as what I have heard from South America where they use ropes and do not as far as I know bodily hurt those taking part in such rituals ?
Actually nailed. Holes in hands, and wounded, etc. You can see it on Youtube, just type into Google: "youtube Crucifixion in Philippines".

Upvote 0

DanielGarneau

Co-heir with Christ
Dec 18, 2014
Quebec
Visit site
✟8,473.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you very much for answering my question.

I personally think that this is a very sad pracitce, both humanly and spiritually speaking. As I understand Christianity, Christ died once for all to save anyone who believes in Him.

We need to trust and obey Him, not to reenact his death in such a fashion. The path of obedience requires death-like choices in certain circumstances.

Please note that I understand that it is not a practice that you agree with or that the Church in the Philippines agrees with, as it was mentioned in an earlier post of this thread. Still I wished to write what I just did as a way to protest against this practice.

Please receive this with the assurance that you have all my respect and sympathy... Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pilgrimsong

Apr 19, 2015
✟15,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not trying to be insulting, but don't you know how to spell right? Or how to speak clean English?

Hi BlueLioness the way she types. That's how Filipinos type thru text messages and when they chat with fellow Filipinos. Just shortcutting some english words there. There was an issue before, texting makes one dumb, and it can affect one's ability (especially when it comes to English)... maybe she's got used to it.

Upvote 0