UK
✟7,867.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Hi people.

I lived in Manila from 1968-1972

First in Magallanes Village and then in Parañaque (just off Quirino Avenue)

I went to school at what was then the American School in Bel-Air and then to Colegio de San Agustin in Dasmariñas.

I have many happy memories from those days which I'm happy to share:

In these days we used to say Makati, Rizal. It was a Makati of the Quad, the Rizal Theatre, Coronado Lanes, Sulo Restaurant, Automart, Rustans, etc.

We drank Royal Tru-Orange and Lemo-Lime and watched Uncle Bob's Lucky Seven Club on Channel Seven.

Ah, so many memories....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Apr 5, 2015
✟462.00
Faith
SDA
A few questions, for those in the Philippines, if I may?

Why do those in the Philippines every year at 'easter', go through an entire crucifixion, actually nailing a guy to a cross, with a train of people whipping and flogging themselves into bloody pulps, masking themselves?

Where does Christ Jesus, God, command such a thing to be done, or endorse such a thing in Scripture?

Do you not know it is an abomination in His sight, and that he cares most preciously for the minds and bodies of those people? [I seriously ask.]

Upvote 0