Visit site
✟148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
by grace,you said that you were an exmormon,awesome, me too.

You are a born again Christian now I take it?

I agree that their are alot of ppl decieved by Mormonism, even some of my family is still in the church.All we can do now is pray,pray,pray and by Gods Grace he will lead them out of the lie

Upvote 0

Wrigley

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟21,012.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
ByGrace said:
Oops! Wrigley you are right. Sorry about that. It is the Restored gospel. And we should all be thankful for that. LOL!

Thankful for a restored gospel? No, I am not thankful for a restored gospel. I am thankful for the unchanging Gospel.

(I know this is what you meant, but looking for some fun.) :D

Upvote 0

ByGrace

Jul 18, 2003
Salt Lake City
✟1,928.00
Faith
Christian
jsfrk2- Thanks for giving me the opportunity to say this as I want to shout it from the roof tops--YES, I AM BORN AGAIN, PRAISE GOD FOR SAVING ME FROM DESTRUCTION!! Man what an awesome Creator we serve. I once was perishing in the mormon religion trying as hard as I could to earn Heaven the one day Jesus stepped in and told me to move aside cause I was interfering with his work in my life. Once I accepted that I was helpless, God almighty lifted me up and made me free! I love you Jesus! I agree, pray for those perishing in mormonism. God wants them but the devil used joe smith to lead them astray.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
jsfrk2 said:
rnmomof7, you are very well educated in religion and I agree with everything you have said.

I know alot about Mormonism because I am an EXMO, lol. And you hit the nail on the head along with wrigley, GBU all,your brother in Christ Jesus,jsrfk2

Thank you for your kind words, but God has really given me a heart for mormons. You can not help them out of the dark unless you understand their road map.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
ByGrace said:
jsfrk2- Thanks for giving me the opportunity to say this as I want to shout it from the roof tops--YES, I AM BORN AGAIN, PRAISE GOD FOR SAVING ME FROM DESTRUCTION!! Man what an awesome Creator we serve. I once was perishing in the mormon religion trying as hard as I could to earn Heaven the one day Jesus stepped in and told me to move aside cause I was interfering with his work in my life. Once I accepted that I was helpless, God almighty lifted me up and made me free! I love you Jesus! I agree, pray for those perishing in mormonism. God wants them but the devil used joe smith to lead them astray.

Welcome to the light.

I love your screen name for indeed we are saved by grac not works lest any man boast!

Upvote 0

jsfrk2

Jul 8, 2003
Arkansas
Visit site
✟148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AMEN AND AMEN, mee too Blessed are those who are called sons and daughters of the living God!

He has really turned me around more than 360 degrees because I was so twisted in the world, into drugs alchohol, and alot worse, But by the Grace and Love of our savior I am with him even today

I :bow: before the † and worship my LORD because he is holy and righteous and the light that is in me to shine for the world to see!

Praise his Holy name forever! halleluia! to the King!

Upvote 0

Wrigley

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟21,012.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
jsfrk2 said:
how might I quote someone correctly?

I don't know how to use the quote feature

If you look on the bottom of a post you'll see a "post" button. Push that and the vB code tags are set for you.

Otherwise, cut and paste what you want to quote and put them in yourself.

quote tags are [qoute]

and [/qoute]

Of course you need to spell quote correctly.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ByGrace said:
Isnt it a shame that so many people have followed the lies of joe smith and will end up perishing? Seems that the mormons on here should stop spending so much time debating this and get to the moon to preach the reformed gospel to them. Well you also need to start arranging quite a few marriages. You know, even though I am ex mo it still behooves me that mormons can just not seem to want to open the eyes. I guess that was prophesied though.

ByGrace said:
Seems that the mormons on here should stop spending so much time debating this

After looking through this thread, I don't remember seeing many posts by Mormons. Maybe the "Christians" who are posting could more profitably use their time in other activities before they break their arms patting themselves on the back. Personally, most of what I saw was that the one person who you wanted to convince to save her husband, and who by her comments seemed Christian, you seem to have offended and is no longer posting on this thread.

ByGrace said:
and get to the moon to preach the reformed gospel to them. Well you also need to start arranging quite a few marriages.

I must admit, you haven't convinced me of anything. Even I can easily research enough to know the moon comment was a third hand recollection from a journal written 40 years after the comment was allegedly made. For all you know this comment could have been made as a joke. Every other comment I've seen is similarly not reported factually but slanted substantially.

Even your argument about works not being necessary, as was pointed out on this board in a different area: according to that idea Adolf Hitler and many Nazis (who were all Catholic and Protestants) will be in Heaven waiting for you while people like Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson will go to hell as they did not accept the same Jesus that you say they must believe in.

ByGrace said:
Seems that the mormons on here should stop spending so much time debating this and get to the moon to preach the reformed gospel to them. Well you also need to start arranging quite a few marriages.

Perhaps the reason you seem to have so little success in converting Mormons is they sense the love that you've shown in your posts here. I know it's why I have used quotes when using the word "Christian" to describe you as I've seen no Christian charity in your posts. I've seen belittling of the Mormons, and even of other Christians, and no Love of Christ.

I pray that you may find Charity.

Upvote 0

ByGrace

Jul 18, 2003
Salt Lake City
✟1,928.00
Faith
Christian
Simply me- First I would like to say that in fact the moon men doctrine was taught and the early church members were even given prophecies of preaching to them in their patriarchal blessings. The lds church has tried hard to cover this up and has created lies to do so. The facts are that it is documented in the book "mormon doctrine" in the first edition. The lds tops have changed that book over the years and released a second edition. Thank God that some copies of the original are still around. This is the same as how they treated the adam-god doctrine taught by brigham young. They claim that it was taken out of context and mis-quoted but it is a fact that he continued to reemphasize the truth of this teaching for 21 years after he initially gave it up until his death. During this time he did not correct even one publication including the deseret news when it covered it. This was his right as he was the head of Utah at the time. I am sorry that you have gotten incorrect information. I live in Utah and have made it a point of my life to study the teachings of this church so I can be an effective witness. Before I walked away from the lds church I was determined to be absolutely positive of my decision and this is how I began finding these facts. As far as the other, you are absolutely right. I have not been acting in the manner that I should have and have posted crassly and without love for those that I am trying to reach. I am truly sorry for that and will be giving this over to God to change in my life. It seems that my life in Utah have made me a little cynical and this is not how to treat others. I want to address others as how Jesus would have me do so but have been letting my human fleshly prejudices take over. Thank you for pointing this out to me. God bless you for your honesty. I will, with the Grace of God do better in the future. To anyone else I may have offended I ask that you please forgive me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alma

Jul 8, 2003
Kolob
Visit site
✟898.00
Faith
Mormon
ByGrace said:
Simply me- First I would like to say that in fact the moon men doctrine was taught and the early church members were even given prophecies of preaching to them in their patriarchal blessings. The lds church has tried hard to cover this up and has created lies to do so. The facts are that it is documented in the book "mormon doctrine" in the first edition. The lds tops have changed that book over the years and released a second edition. Thank God that some copies of the original are still around.

Good grief. I come across some pretty astounding comments on these bulletin boards, but yours deserve an award. “The moon men doctrine?” Don’t make me laugh. Now, I can laugh at the idea that this is documented in the book “Mormon Doctrine” in any of its editions. I have the first edition. Ordinarily, I would ask someone like you to give me the page number where this is allegedly found. However, I will just cut to the chase in point out that you are sadly misinformed on several counts. In the first place, the “LDS tops” have never published that particular book so it would be unlikely for them to have ever changed it. The book was published by Bookcraft, and written by Bruce R. McConkie, and in each edition he included this phrase in its introduction: “For the work itself, I assume sole and full responsibility.” Perhaps you could provide one of these “lies” the LDS church has created to cover this up?

This is the same as how they treated the adam-god doctrine taught by brigham young. They claim that it was taken out of context and mis-quoted but it is a fact that he continued to reemphasize the truth of this teaching for 21 years after he initially gave it up until his death. During this time he did not correct even one publication including the deseret news when it covered it. This was his right as he was the head of Utah at the time.

You might want to consider the idea that Brigham Young was more intelligent than you give him credit. He understood how LDS Church doctrine is established; and if he wanted to establish something, he added it to the canon of scripture. He added many things during his administration, but he added nothing regarding the so-called Adam-God theory. Why do you insist that this was a doctrine when neither he nor any of his successors followed the procedure to make it a doctrine?

Alma

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Alma said:
Good grief. I come across some pretty astounding comments on these bulletin boards, but yours deserve an award. “The moon men doctrine?” Don’t make me laugh. Now, I can laugh at the idea that this is documented in the book “Mormon Doctrine” in any of its editions. I have the first edition. Ordinarily, I would ask someone like you to give me the page number where this is allegedly found. However, I will just cut to the chase in point out that you are sadly misinformed on several counts. In the first place, the “LDS tops” have never published that particular book so it would be unlikely for them to have ever changed it. The book was published by Bookcraft, and written by Bruce R. McConkie, and in each edition he included this phrase in its introduction: “For the work itself, I assume sole and full responsibility.” Perhaps you could provide one of these “lies” the LDS church has created to cover this up?

You might want to consider the idea that Brigham Young was more intelligent than you give him credit. He understood how LDS Church doctrine is established; and if he wanted to establish something, he added it to the canon of scripture. He added many things during his administration, but he added nothing regarding the so-called Adam-God theory. Why do you insist that this was a doctrine when neither he nor any of his successors followed the procedure to make it a doctrine?

Alma

"Who can tell us of the inhabitants of this little planet that shines of an evening called the moon? ...when you inquire about the inhabitants of that sphere you find that the most learned are as ignorant in regard to them as the ignorant of their fellows. So it is in regard to the inhabitants of the sun. Do you think it is inhabited? I rather think it is. Do you think there is any life there? No question of it; it was not made in vain," (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 13, p. 217).

"In my Patriarchal blessing, given by the father of Joseph the Prophet, in Kirtland, 1937, I was told that I should preach the gospel to the inhabitants of the sea -- to the inhabitants of the moon, even the planet you can now behold with your eyes," (Vol. 3, pp. 263-264)

I know this is not doctrine but it remains a source of speculation within some in the LDS church

When our father Adam came into the garden of Eden, he came into it with a celestial body, and brought Eve, one of his wives, with him. He helped to make and organize this world. He is MICHAEL, the Archangel, the ANCIENT OF DAYS! about whom holy men have written and spoken—HE is our FATHER and our GOD, and the only God with whom WE have to do….When the Virgin Mary conceived the child Jesus, the Father had begotten him in his own likeness. He was not begotten by the Holy Ghost. And who is the Father? He is the first of the human family…. Jesus, our elder brother, was begotten in the flesh by the same character that was in the Garden of Eden, and who is our Father in Heaven. (President Brigham Young. Journal of Discourses 1:50-51)

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ByGrace said:
Simply me- First I would like to say that in fact the moon men doctrine was taught....

I have no interest in debating their theology, I'll let any Mormons that would like to do that. Or, any interested people can use the numerous websites about the Mormon faith. I just find in my experience from when I've listened to the debates, it seemed to me that the disagreements weren't as great as either side thought; to me it seemed more an arguement about semantics.

ByGrace said:
I want to address others as how Jesus would have me do so but have been letting my human fleshly prejudices take over. Thank you for pointing this out to me. God bless you for your honesty. I will, with the Grace of God do better in the future. To anyone else I may have offended I ask that you please forgive me.

I want to thank you for your kind words. I was afraid that maybe I had been too forceful, I did not wish to offend; I'm happy that what I felt seemed to come through. In the turbulent world that we live in, it's my simple wish that we can all love our neighbor as Jesus taught we should.

Upvote 0

calgal

Mar 25, 2003
Western MI
Visit site
✟17,475.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
SimplyMe said:
I have no interest in debating their theology, I'll let any Mormons that would like to do that. Or, any interested people can use the numerous websites about the Mormon faith. I just find in my experience from when I've listened to the debates, it seemed to me that the disagreements weren't as great as either side thought; to me it seemed more an arguement about semantics.

I want to thank you for your kind words. I was afraid that maybe I had been too forceful, I did not wish to offend; I'm happy that what I felt seemed to come through. In the turbulent world that we live in, it's my simple wish that we can all love our neighbor as Jesus taught we should.

Happy clappy lets all get along lite doctrine made Pagans more inviting when I left the Mormon cult. And losing every friend and trying to rebuild relationships with family who never liked the Mormons was and is brutally hard. To this day, I do quite well with Pagans since they were rather welcoming and decent without the pop psychology garbage and gossip too many Christians presented me with when I was in a transitional state. The wife you referenced wanted to believe the things she was told by her husband. These lies would very likely (the pressure is intense) result in her becoming Mormon and that is not a good thing. :( I would rather be up front than nicey nice and backstabbing. This is what I learned from Mormonism: how to backstab. If you want to despise me, your choice.

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Note to everyone: While we all have our own thoughts about other religions, let's please not make comments that may instill bad feelings or disharmony. If opinions cannot be expressed in a respectful manner, you can always "agree to disagree" and move on.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alma

Jul 8, 2003
Kolob
Visit site
✟898.00
Faith
Mormon
rnmomof7 said:
"Who can tell us of the inhabitants of this little planet that shines of an evening called the moon? ...when you inquire about the inhabitants of that sphere you find that the most learned are as ignorant in regard to them as the ignorant of their fellows. So it is in regard to the inhabitants of the sun. Do you think it is inhabited? I rather think it is. Do you think there is any life there? No question of it; it was not made in vain," (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 13, p. 217).

I think this quote illustrates my point very well. “Bygrace” claimed that the idea of moonmen was an early LDS doctrine and he falsely cited the book Mormon Doctrine as support. You apparently come to his defense with this quote from Brigham Young, which doesn’t really say what you’re hoping to demonstrate. At the time, there was rampant speculation in America and England that the moon was inhabited. Many people believed that it was. Does the fact that a prophet could have a mistaken belief prove that he was not a prophet? (Consider Jacob’s belief that what sheep saw while mating determined whether or not cattle were speckled. Gen. 30) Does the fact that some Mormons believed current propaganda demonstrate that Mormonism is false? Of course not, or your premise must be that true Christians may not believe anything that is false. But, back to the quote above: Does Brigham Young say that the moon is inhabited? No he doesn’t. The most that can be said is that he says everyone is ignorant of any such inhabitants. That’s because the context of his statement was false ideas! “I will tell you who the real fanatics are: they are they who adopt false principles and ideas as facts, and try to establish a superstructure upon a false foundation. They are the fanatics; and however ardent and zealous they may be, they may reason or argue on false premises till doomsday, and the result will be false.” (Brigham Young, same discourse, first two sentences of the paragraph you quoted.)

Admittedly, he does propose his belief that the sun is inhabited; but note that this is hardly a prophetic or doctrinal statement: “I rather think it is.” Of course, such a statement taken out of the larger context of Young’s theology is designed more to shock than illustrate what he actually believed. Does he claim that the sun is inhabited by Quakers or Presbyterians? Humans? No, he asks if there is any life there. If you were to examine Young’s theology, you would find that he believed that everything is alive - - even when you die, your body is full of life in the action that causes decay.

"In my Patriarchal blessing, given by the father of Joseph the Prophet, in Kirtland, 1937, I was told that I should preach the gospel to the inhabitants of the sea -- to the inhabitants of the moon, even the planet you can now behold with your eyes," (Vol. 3, pp. 263-264)

Volume 3 of what? I’ll save you the trouble. That comes from the recollection of a man named Oliver B. Huntington, recorded more than fifty years after the fact. Fortunately, the LDS Church has kept copies of these blessings, and a little research demonstrates that Huntington’s memory was faulty. His Patriarchal blessing didn’t come from Joseph Smith Sr., it came from Huntington’s father, William. Do you think that Mormon doctrine is established by the blessings of individual patriarchs? I can assure you that it is not. Patriarchs have the same freedom to believe in error as anyone else. BTW, the actual quote from Huntington’s blessing given by his father is: “Thou shalt have power with God even to translate thyself to Heaven, & preach to the inhabitants of the moon or planets, if it shall be expedient.”

I know this is not doctrine but it remains a source of speculation within some in the LDS church

Oh really? Can you give me a name of any active Mormon who really believes that the moon is inhabited? I don’t expect you to provide such information because that is the nature of this medium. People make incredibly outrageous statements and when challenged to document the statement all I get is smoke and mirrors. For example, consider Wrigley’s claim that he gets “a kick out of going to the FARMS site from time to time. It seems they have an 'a-ha' moment everytime some new artifact is found. Only to have it not be what they want it to be.”

When I asked for some substance to that claim, I got this:

“Well, since it came from an article I read over a year ago, it'll take some work to find the actual article. But the jist of it was how the folks at farms jumped to a conclusion about an arrowhead to prove something from the bom, only to have the arrowhead not to be what farms wanted, and needed, it to be.” (Wrigley 8/16/03)

Rather than a specific reference, I’m given the “gist” of an alleged article that appeared somewhere about a year ago. Not only that, it dealt with an arrowhead! Later comments by Wrigley indicate that FARMS was looking for steel arrowheads; but how that could be important to FARMS or related to the Book of Mormon isn’t specified. Since steel arrowheads aren’t mentioned in the Book of Mormon, why would FARMS people be interested in finding them? None of this is explained - - but apparently, the mere reference that FARMS has been thwarted by some imaginary article is enough to once again demonstrate how deluded Mormons are. The irony of this is especially rich because these are the same people who demand proof for the Book of Mormon, yet accept these vacuous claims as if gospel.

Alma

Upvote 0

calgal

Mar 25, 2003
Western MI
Visit site
✟17,475.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
“Well, since it came from an article I read over a year ago, it'll take some work to find the actual article. But the jist of it was how the folks at farms jumped to a conclusion about an arrowhead to prove something from the bom, only to have the arrowhead not to be what farms wanted, and needed, it to be.” (Wrigley 8/16/03)

Rather than a specific reference, I’m given the “gist” of an alleged article that appeared somewhere about a year ago. Not only that, it dealt with an arrowhead! Later comments by Wrigley indicate that FARMS was looking for steel arrowheads; but how that could be important to FARMS or related to the Book of Mormon isn’t specified. Since steel arrowheads aren’t mentioned in the Book of Mormon, why would FARMS people be interested in finding them? None of this is explained - - but apparently, the mere reference that FARMS has been thwarted by some imaginary article is enough to once again demonstrate how deluded Mormons are. The irony of this is especially rich because these are the same people who demand proof for the Book of Mormon, yet accept these vacuous claims as if gospel.

Alma[/QUOTE]

Please tell me what is biblically correct about believing a man can be a god with his own planet. And where in scripture are God and the Holy Ghost referred to as posessing a body of flesh and bone? I would appreciate further light and knowledge on these matters.

Thanks! :D

Upvote 0
D

Drotar

If we're getting to false prophecies Alma, may I interest you inD&C 114 if I remember correctly. Gerge W. Patten was supposed to serve a mission at a certain date in the fall. He died three months before the alleged prophecy fulfillment date.

I also have a question pertaining to the WOW in D&C 89 and eating meat in the winter.

As Calgal mentioned the "flesh and bone" issue, I would like to add someting: If the heavenly father and mother both possess physical bodies, how do they physically give birth to spirit children? If He possesses a body "just like ours", there is no theological excuse.

Oh, and what's the story with Oliver Cowderly? The only witness to many activities that Smith claimed. For some reason, he confessed and "fell away" from the LDS church recanting on everything he said about the church. If he placed no faith in the church, why should we? I respect this man who confessed about lying about obtaining the preiesthood from the apostles, because he had the heart to come back to the faith. He converted to true Chrsitianity from Mormonism, the right hand man of Smith and his co-visionary.

If you ignore all my other questions I do not care, but answer me this. I seriuosly inquire this because I do not know the answer from the LDS perspective. I've heard it only poorly explained and would like a proper explanation of this modern revelation. I asked my LDS friend exactly how he knew whether what he felt was from God or from Satan disguising himself as an angel of light. He went on to talk about how if you meet an angel, you'll know it's an angel because they won't shake because he doesn't want to decieve you. If it's a demon, he'll offer to shake your hand because he wants to decieve you. If it's a resurrected being, he'll try to shake your hand. By this method, according to modern reveltion, we're supposed to distinguish between manifestations of holilness and evil.

I hope this is just a straw man construction of the revelation. I REALLY hope this wasn't all that was revealed, because there is such a big problem with that that it's ridiculous. Please tell me there's more to this than I was told.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
MizDoulos said:
Note to everyone: While we all have our own thoughts about other religions, let's please not make comments that may instill bad feelings or disharmony. If opinions cannot be expressed in a respectful manner, you can always "agree to disagree" and move on.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Are we better off if we allow the false doctrine to stand?

Is relationship more important than truth ?

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Alma said:
I think this quote illustrates my point very well. “Bygrace” claimed that the idea of moonmen was an early LDS doctrine and he falsely cited the book Mormon Doctrine as support. You apparently come to his defense with this quote from Brigham Young, which doesn’t really say what you’re hoping to demonstrate. At the time, there was rampant speculation in America and England that the moon was inhabited. Many people believed that it was. Does the fact that a prophet could have a mistaken belief prove that he was not a prophet?

Yes , The Bible gives the test of a prophet.

Deu 18:20**
But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
Deu 18:21**
And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
Deu 18:22**
When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that [is] the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, [but] the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

The Bible makes it clear that there are other spirits besides the Holy Spirit who can be very "seducing" and even teach "doctrines" (1 Timothy 4:1). This is why 1 John 4:1 warns: "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try [Greek dokimazo "test"] the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."
[/quote]

Admittedly, he does propose his belief that the sun is inhabited; but note that this is hardly a prophetic or doctrinal statement: “I rather think it is.” Of course, such a statement taken out of the larger context of Young’s theology is designed more to shock than illustrate what he actually believed. Does he claim that the sun is inhabited by Quakers or Presbyterians? Humans? No, he asks if there is any life there. If you were to examine Young’s theology, you would find that he believed that everything is alive - - even when you die, your body is full of life in the action that causes decay. [/quote]

As you point out there was alot of speculation on the planets etc

The issue is of course his prophet status. If one hears god one would not make such a foolish observation
Volume 3 of what? I’ll save you the trouble. That comes from the recollection of a man named Oliver B. Huntington, recorded more than fifty years after the fact. Fortunately, the LDS Church has kept copies of these blessings, and a little research demonstrates that Huntington’s memory was faulty. His Patriarchal blessing didn’t come from Joseph Smith Sr., it came from Huntington’s father, William. Do you think that Mormon doctrine is established by the blessings of individual patriarchs? I can assure you that it is not. Patriarchs have the same freedom to believe in error as anyone else. BTW, the actual quote from Huntington’s blessing given by his father is: “Thou shalt have power with God even to translate thyself to Heaven, & preach to the inhabitants of the moon or planets, if it shall be expedient.”

Are those papers open to non Mormons to read ?

It makes me think of the "corrections" made in other documents or the removal of or underplaying historic practices.

Oh really? Can you give me a name of any active Mormon who really believes that the moon is inhabited? I don’t expect you to provide such information because that is the nature of this medium. People make incredibly outrageous statements and when challenged to document the statement all I get is smoke and mirrors. For example, consider Wrigley’s claim that he gets “a kick out of going to the FARMS site from time to time. It seems they have an 'a-ha' moment everytime some new artifact is found. Only to have it not be what they want it to be.”

When I asked for some substance to that claim, I got this:

Alma

Alma is there ANY physical evidence in archeology studies done by BYU or others that support any of Joe Smiths claims?

I live in the burned over district ( the birth place of Mormonism) that is remarkably like the geography discussed in the BOM . There has never been any evidence found here. The digs have now moved all the way to South America.

Upvote 0