I'm EXLDS now bought by the blood ;-)

ByGrace said:
Greeneyedgirl--- I am an ex mormon as well and have grown up and lived my entire life in Utah. I have gone through the salt lake temple and have held many high offices in the mormon church. I can tell you without a doubt that there are seriously good people within the mormon church but unfortunately they do not accept Jesus as he is in the bible and think they must work for salvation. This is a problem as only those that accept his FREE gift of grace will see the kingdom of God. Also they are told that they will one day be gods and goddesses and populate their own worlds with another form of jesus for each one of them and the cycle goes on. This is heresy and blasphemy. It is unfortunate that many mormons still believe the joe smith lie but it is true. Recently there was a video released that proves with dna evidence that the book of mormon is false. The book of mormon claims that all Native Americans are descendants of Hebrews that crossed over to the promised land at Gods direction and then were cursed with dark and "loathesome" skin for being unfaithful. They are supposedly the "lamanites" after the original leader of their people, Laman who was a son of Lehi, the one God used to establish this continent. Well, DNA evidence has proben that not one single tribe of Native Americans hold any trace of Hebrew blood but in fact 99.6 percent of all of them descend from Asia and the other .4 percent are either African or European in descent. I pray that your family finds the true saving grace. I know that when Jesus paid for my sins and I removed those underwear and accepted Him without any merit of my own, I was changed. I have a very heavy heart for the LDS people who are my neighbors and family. It is so sad to see so many be tricked into false beliefs when they truly are wanting to find God. I just pray they will open their eyes and not just rely on what they call a testimony for their truth. Please pray for the mormon people and its leaders that they may find Jesus. Below is some places to look for info. Dont know the websites but type in the following info into google and you will get it.

Lighthouse ministries

changes to the mormon temple ceremony

exmormons for Jesus

Reply: This DNA thing you speak of...in the ancient times the people of the world were divided into two sects: the Jews, or the Gentiles. The Jews believed in God/Christ and the Gentiles did not. Now, you say they were descendents of Hebrews that crossed over. Hebrews is just a synonym for Jew (or a descendent from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob) which was basically everyone who believed in God. So the people who migrated to america were not Hebrew (Jewish) in the sense that you are referring to; they were Jewish in the sense that they were a God fearing people. So, you have no evidence that the Book of Mormon is false.

Upvote 0
third person said:
Reply: This DNA thing you speak of...in the ancient times the people of the world were divided into two sects: the Jews, or the Gentiles. The Jews believed in God/Christ and the Gentiles did not. Now, you say they were descendents of Hebrews that crossed over. Hebrews is just a synonym for Jew (or a descendent from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob) which was basically everyone who believed in God. So the people who migrated to america were not Hebrew (Jewish) in the sense that you are referring to; they were Jewish in the sense that they were a God fearing people. So, you have no evidence that the Book of Mormon is false.
third person,

In 1 Nephi 5:14 it says, "...Lehi, also found upon the plates of brass a genealogy of his fathers; wherefore he knew that he was a descendant of Joseph; yea, even that Joseph who was the son of Jacob, who was sold into Egypt..." That would make Lehi, Nephi and Laman in the blood-line of Abraham, the first Hebrew/Jew. This means that DNA science does provide the evidence that the BOM is a fabrication of Joseph Smith.

Does The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints now teach that Lehi, Nephi and Laman were not Jews? Or, does it know that you are claiming that the Lehi family was not Jewish in contradiction to the BOM?

Bob

Upvote 0

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
On the Mormon (Non-Christian Belief) in becoming a god

ISA 44:6:8
"This is what the LORD says-- Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it. Let him declare and lay out before me what has happened since I established my ancient people, and what is yet to come-- yes, let him foretell what will come

Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me?

No, there is no other Rock; I know not one."

Also if Joseph Smith was a true prophet why are so many of his prophecies wrong?
confused.gif

Upvote 0

louieb78

Apr 20, 2005
✟120.00
Faith
Mormon
Just a Quick note. I have studied the Mormon faith and many others in great depth. This includes JWs', Catholics, United Church of canada and seventh day. What gets right up my nose is posts like this by people who "claim" to be ex-"whatever" in this case "mormon". You see jsfrk2 everything you have stated can belifted straight out of any 2 bit anti mormon pamplet, book or video and actually is nothing but a twisted and factually incorrect version of what mormons believe. If you had been a mormon you would be easily able to see this. Grow up and go research some really good anti mormon stuff, its not hard to find.

Im sorry if this post is found to be offensive to some but this thread and its garbage content really pains me. There is currently a really good thread about dodgy mormon beliefs on the ex JW (watchers of the Watch tower) site.

Upvote 0

louieb78

Apr 20, 2005
✟120.00
Faith
Mormon
Oh The nephi and fam were Jewish :) The real answer you are looking for is that they mixed with the peoples already living on the american continent at the time. Even a mormon would be foolish to not think people were not there before Nephi, lehi and family turned up. Their DNA would be so diluted by now that and Jewish Decendency would be hard if not impossible to spot.

hey has any one seen my mate Don Mcrevey (ex mormons for jesus recently?) wonder if he remembers me , hmmm.

Upvote 0

skylark1

In awesome wonder
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
✟14,176.00
Faith
Christian
louieb78 said:
Just a Quick note. I have studied the Mormon faith and many others in great depth. This includes JWs', Catholics, United Church of canada and seventh day. What gets right up my nose is posts like this by people who "claim" to be ex-"whatever" in this case "mormon". You see jsfrk2 everything you have stated can belifted straight out of any 2 bit anti mormon pamplet, book or video and actually is nothing but a twisted and factually incorrect version of what mormons believe. If you had been a mormon you would be easily able to see this. Grow up and go research some really good anti mormon stuff, its not hard to find.

Im sorry if this post is found to be offensive to some but this thread and its garbage content really pains me. There is currently a really good thread about dodgy mormon beliefs on the ex JW (watchers of the Watch tower) site.

Hi louie,

Welcome to CF. :wave:

How did you manage to find this thread that had not been posted on since September, 2003? That is over a year and a half ago! Maybe I can learn something from you.

I haven't read this entire discussion, but it sounded like the OP was telling about her personal experience.

Upvote 0

Wald

Jul 11, 2005
✟112.00
Faith
Baptist
Hello,

I'm desperate for help I was dating a Mormon girl whom I ended up witnessing to. She is an awesome person and I hate to see her so decieved. But everytime we start talking and reading the Bible together she gets soooo upset with me when I point out something that contradicts the Book of Mormon. It seems as if she doesn't know her own religion well enough to talk about it. I don't know her religion well enough to talk about all the ins and outs. All I know is it scares me to read some of the things that I have read in their book. I would really like some help from an ex-mormon.

I need to know what it takes to get through to her. I need to know how Mormons view their own religion and what or who they think God is.

Sincerely,
Very hurt right now...

Upvote 0