✟148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:(

I am a ExMormon(LDS) now born again Christian. I was saved jan 11,2002 I was raised in the "church" since birth. When I started into a deep research into Mormon doctrine, things got scary, I never knew where some of the beliefs come from. Some are not in the canon, the four books, but even when missionarys present the gospelthey include things(when asked for) like;God being man and once dwelling on a planet like earth and being "Holylike" was able to ascend into the Godly authority which he has now. Jesus is the literal son of God concieved by God the father when he came down to earthand had physical intercourse with mary.... kinda screwy huh?
When I started reading the Bible about two months before i got saved I really was confused because it didn't match up with the Mormon doctrine I was raised with. But I know who is my savior and what is the infallible word of God, and it isn't the BOM or POGP or DOC, all false books added by a false prophet.
Thank you for listening,Your brother in Christ Jesus,jsfrk2

p.s., if you have any questions about Mormon doctrine feel free to e-mail me or post a question :rolleyes: :wave:

calgal

Mar 25, 2003
Western MI
Visit site
✟17,475.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
jsfrk2 said:

I am a ExMormon(LDS) now born again Christian. I was saved jan 11,2002 I was raised in the "church" since birth. When I started into a deep research into Mormon doctrine, things got scary, I never knew where some of the beliefs come from. Some are not in the canon, the four books, but even when missionarys present the gospelthey include things(when asked for) like;God being man and once dwelling on a planet like earth and being "Holylike" was able to ascend into the Godly authority which he has now. Jesus is the literal son of God concieved by God the father when he came down to earthand had physical intercourse with mary.... kinda screwy huh?
When I started reading the Bible about two months before i got saved I really was confused because it didn't match up with the Mormon doctrine I was raised with. But I know who is my savior and what is the infallible word of God, and it isn't the BOM or POGP or DOC, all false books added by a false prophet.

p.s., if you have any questions about Mormon doctrine feel free to e-mail me or post a question :rolleyes: :wave:

Hi! :wave: Good to see another exMormon who is Christian. Best wishes to you! :D

Upvote 0

kimber1

mean people suck
Feb 25, 2003
Va.
Visit site
✟38,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
jsfrk2 said:

actually I have a question for you!! My stepbrother told me he is a LDS. What exactly are their beliefs? He never answered me!

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
kimber1 said:
actually I have a question for you!! My stepbrother told me he is a LDS. What exactly are their beliefs? He never answered me!
Well... their beliefs aren't exactly anything... seeing as how there are so many variants these days. They are awfully complicated too. I don't know them... I don't really care to know them (although it probably would make for a very good witnessing tool so I guess I should be caring about that)

The best thing to do would be to read their books and find out on your own - in my opinion that is. Just like if you wanna know what is in the Koran go read the Koran (or Quaran however they spell it) and if you want someone to know what is in the Bible... you tell them to read the Bible. So if you wanna find out what the LDS believes, I would suggest taking the time to read their books as well. But don't use their Bible when you do. Apparently Smith changed passages to fit his own theology every once in a while (http://www.irr.org/mit/Joseph-Smith-Translation-short.html) and I wouldn't view such a translation as worthwhile. Get a good NKJV or NASB and read along.

That;s my take anyways... not a LDS believer so can't help you out there. Sorry

Upvote 0

jsfrk2

Jul 8, 2003
Arkansas
Visit site
✟148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My Testimony, By Jsfrk2
1. I was raised in Oregon in a Mormon family, my Father, Mother and five siblings.
We were a happy family, we played the family games and went on family trips and Sunday service every Sunday. We were not the richest in families, but I think the Love more than made up for it. All of our family took their place in the Mormon ways, My Father was an elder, Mother attended the Relief Society classes , and me, my Brother and three Sisters went to our respective Sunday school classes.
Life went on like normal til I was about 15, I was living in North Dakota with my sister who was in the Air Force because I wasn’t doing well in school, skipping school and stuff, I got the news that my mother was ill and me and my sister went back to Oregon to see our Mother, she had cancer. We stayed until her funeral and after that I soon moved back to Oregon and I got into a lot of trouble after that, like drugs, drinking, hangin’ out with Gang members. I was never taught how to pray to God for strength, it was always the church to whom you were supposed to look to for everything.
I was smoking, drinking, using drugs and getting into a lot of sexual stuff. When I became old enough to go to bars, whoa watch out! I went nuts, I was always at bars, dance clubs, and even dabbled in homosexuality. I was so lost, but didn’t know it, whatever I did it wasn’t enough, I always wanted more drugs, more alcohol, more sex, but it was never enough. I met my wife while I was still like this, and she was backslided out of Christianity. We partied all the time, drinking and throwing party’s, going out to the clubs. Then as time progressed we got married and had a baby girl. I still wanted to party a little, the wife was all about the baby, but still liked to go out and party occasionally.
One day two Mormon missionary’s came to the house and I thought this would be a good time to go back to church, the wife agreed, although she had her reservations about the Mormon church, but didn’t know why, she was just raised to think they were a crazy church and weren’t Christians. She eventually became a Mormon and got baptized. I thought it was cool, we were happy, or so we thought... My wife and I were always fighting afterwards, soon after that my wife stopped going to church and I didn’t understand why she told me that the Bible didn’t match up with Mormon doctrine, I said no way, how so? Beside the Bible isn’t translated correctly any way. She said, "how do you know? Did someone just tell you that or did you research that yourself?" This made me think, I was told that, I didn’t have any proof or evidence that the Bible is false or translated incorrectly. So, I studied it and the manuscript history and no, it has not been translated incorrectly. So why have I been told this? Was it a lie? Or just something keeping me from the truth of the Bible? I started to study differences between the Bible and other Mormon books, like the book of Mormon, PGOP and D&C. They shouldn’t have been put all together at all, The Bible says there is ONE God and he is JESUS, but Mormon doctrine or Mormon book don’t say this . Why the difference? One had to be right and other wrong.. I found out that the Bible is the infallible word of God and that Jesus is LORD of all, the only God.
I was so mad that this lie could be told to so many people! But I knew who God was now, and according to his word, he wanted me to know him and to personally have a relationship with him! Without any church or man.
I was crying by this point and angry still but I knew I needed to call on God, My wife had told me about the sinners prayer and that this is the only thing you needed to do to get to heaven, not any works. God wants to know me. Me! So when I was alone moving out of our apt. I got on my knees and asked Christ to come into my life and that I was sorry for committing all my sins and that he is the only thing I needed to go to heaven. My life is drastically Changed from this point on, I just wanted to save the world for Christ and show everyone what I felt, I was more than happy that I couldn’t explain it! Now I know that God has called me to be a witness against the false teaching of the Mormon Church. I want only to serve him and do his will from that day until I am with him in his heavenly mansions. I feel such JOY in serving my LORD and I just want everyone to hear of his joy and love and he does take away ALL sins forever!! Yours in Christ,jsfrk2

Upvote 0

kimber1

mean people suck
Feb 25, 2003
Va.
Visit site
✟38,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
What an awesome testimony!! Thank you for that!! The only thing my stepbrother said when he told me what he was , was that NO, he didn't have more than one wife! I was like hmmmm, well, okay, that's a good thing!! I have relatives in my family that I'm not sure but here they have always been referred to as dunkards. They have no tv or radio, usually are farmers, women wear the bonnets and always dresses, never slacks. I never did understand how they could live that way but then again with all teh corruption in the world today maybe they had the right idea all along!!

Upvote 0

jsfrk2

Jul 8, 2003
Arkansas
Visit site
✟148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is a little lesson on Mormonism that deals with their claim as to "the Church" being the "restored" true church.... well since I have been a Christian and read the word of God repeatedly, it states: be people are the body of Christ who make up the church, not an actual psudeo religious Church.....

The Book of Mormon is man-made
1. Key points: book of Mormon
.Mormons believe the book of Mormon is the most correct of any book on earth.
. it is supposedly an act of Gods’ dealings with the original inhabitants of the American continent from about 2247 b.c. to a.d. 421.
.Joseph Smith translated the book of Mormon from golden plates by means of a "seer stone".
Mormons believe that the Bible "prophecies" about the book of Mormon.
† The evidence shows 1) History proves that there have been over 3913 changes between the original edition published in 1830 and the ones printed and issued through the mid 1970's. The 1981 edition introduced between one and two hundred changes.
† Would you want to base your salvation on a book that has over 4000 changes since it’s original publication?
There are numerous plagiarisms in the book of Mormon that come from the KJV of the Bible. In fact, the Book of Mormon has some 27,000 words directly from the KJV. For example, there are whole chapters in the book of Isaiah that have been copied word for word. Even the Italicized words from the KJV were included in the Book of Mormon. This is strange because, as noted in the preface of the KJV, these words were not the original languages, but were added by the KJV translators to add c larity . How can the Book of Mormon be written long before the KJV but contain theKJV translators inserted clarifying words??
† If the Book of Mormon was penned between 600 b.c. and a.d. 421 as claimed, how could it contain such extensive quotations from the a.d. 1611 KJV using archaic King James English which was not written until 1000 years later??
There is no archaeological, scientific, or historic evidence that would prove the existence of the Book of Mormon or it’s claims. However, the Bible has been proven in ALL these ways.
† If there were large scale wars and about 35 cities which hundreds of thousands were killed in a.d.385 near hill cumorah in New York , why hasn’t any evidence been found of such an event taking place? Or that any of those cities existed?? There is no evidence.
The Book of Mormon contradicts current Mormon doctrine. The"keystone" of the Mormon religion, contains very little in terms of "Mormonism" as taught by the Mormon Church today. Among other things, the Book of Mormon says nothing about:
1) Mormon Church organization 2)The Aaronic priesthood 3) The Mecchizedek Priesthood
4) The Plurality of Gods 5) The "God is an Exalted man" doctrine 6)The doctrine that men can become Gods 7)The doctrine of the 3 degrees of glory or 3 kingdoms 8)the "plurality of wives" doctrine 9) The "Celestial Marriage" doctrine 10) the "baptism for the dead" doctrine 11) The "words of wisdom" doctrine 12) the doctrine of pre-existence 13) The doctrine of eternal progression.
† In view of the fact that many of Mormonism’s key doctrines are nowhere to be found within the pages of the Book of Mormon, how can it be claimed to be the "fullness of the Everlasting Gospel"?
..Instead of teaching that there are many God’s, the BOM teaches that there is only one God (Mosiah 15:1-5; Alma 11:28,29; 2 Nephi 31:21)
..Instead of teaching that people evolve to Godhood, the BOM teaches that God is unchanging(Mormon 9:9,19; Moroni 8:18; Alma 41:8; 3 Nephi24:16)
..Instead of teaching that God is a physically exalted man, the BOM teaches that "God is spirit".(Alma 18:24-28; 22:9-11).
†Unlike the Bible, the Book of Mormon has thousands of changes.
†The Book of Mormon contains plagiarism.
†There is no Archaeological support for the Book of Mormon.
†The Bible does not prophecy about the Book of Mormon.
†The Book of Mormon contradicts current Mormon doctrine

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kimber1

mean people suck
Feb 25, 2003
Va.
Visit site
✟38,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks for that lesson!! I have a book that I read a little from last night that touched briefly on some of what you said!! I wonder how anyone can believe such stuff that that man (joseph smith) spit out but... Okay I have another adn not meant to offend at all... but we just had a building go up recently that now has the sign "kingdom hall of Jehovah's witnesses" on it. I know some of their beleifs but I kind of want to "arm" myself in case they come to visit so I can better spread the gospel to them. I know they think that satan and jesus were brothers but does anyone else know any other things they believe in that I can come back with the Bible specifics on how they are worng? Again, not meant to offend anyone, it's just that I knwo they don't believe as I do.

Upvote 0

jsfrk2

Jul 8, 2003
Arkansas
Visit site
✟148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you kimberly :) . These lessons are for learning and thats what I intend to use them for some are from books I have read others are from my own research. I hope they are a Blessing and through Christ you can be a great witness

The Mormon Church is not the "restored" Church excerpts of a book written by Ron Rhodes
1. Key points: Mormon claims
.Total apostasy overcame the church after the death of the last apostle.
.The apostasy involved the loss of proper church organization, the true gospel, new revelation from Gods’ spokesman and the priesthood.
.The Mormon Church is the restored church.
A counterfeit Gospel, The Gospel of Mormonism is one of works which contradicts the Gospel of Grace taught by Paul (Ephesians 2:8,9). The Mormon Gospel falls into the category of a "Different Gospel" (Galatians 1:8)
Jesus taught his followers and the people ("surely I am with you to the very end of the age") Matthew 28:20. TO THE VERY END Jesus says. Jesus has always indicated that he would always be with us, the bride for the bridegroom.
The apostle Paul also indicates there would not be a total apostasy. In Ephesians 3:21 Paul said" to him be the Glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever." And in vs. 11-16 it speaks of the Christian church growing to spiritual maturity Not degeneracy.
History disproves the claim that the Mormon church is the "restored" church. By tracing the history of the Christian church, it becomes clear that the Mormon claim of "restoration" is pure fiction. Because church history is well preserved, an accurate picture not only regarding the teachings of the early churches but also of the deviations from the orthodoxy that took place including; Gnosticism, Arianism, and Sebellianism. If it were true that Mormonism is the "restored" church, we would certainly expect to find evidence in the first century for doctrines such as; the plurality of Gods’, men becoming Gods, and God the father once being man.
But no evidence as to such exists anywhere in church history.
Biblical tests

1) Galatians 1:8

8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

Isn’t it funny that Mormonism has it’s origin with "an angel from heaven" (Moroni) bringing another Gospel from heaven? Sometimes I think the Bible was written as to Bring out false religions into the open.

2) A true prophet of God teach a conflicting doctrine of God(Deuteronomy 13:1-5)

Joseph smith proclaimed; "we had imagined and supposed that God was from all eternity. I will refute that Idea... He was once man like us, yea, that God himself, the father of us all dwelt on the earth, the same as Jesus Christ did." (Teachings of the prophet Joseph Smith pg.345,346)

Again we must read psalms 90:2 "from everlasting to everlasting you are God".

He always has been and always will be here and God eternal

3) A prophet will not give any false prophecies (Deuteronomy 18:22)

Joseph Smith prophesied in 1843 "there are those of the rising generation who shall not taste death till the Christ comes... I prophesy in the name of the Lord God let it be written- the Son of man will not come in the clouds till I am 85 years old ( history of the Church vol 5 pg. 336)

According to what God revealed in the Bible, the Mormon testimony cannot be from God.

He made many more prophecies which none of them came true.

This next statement by Joseph Smith is down right just a blasphemous thing, not a position taken by any follower of Jesus or any of the prophets, because Jesus is Holy and righteous and no man is, has or ever been like him, sinless,perfect.

I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man has ever did such a work as I The followers of Jesus ran away from him; but the latter day saints never ran away from me yet. ( Joseph Smith, history of the Church)

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psalm 12:3

3 May the Lord cut off all flattering lips,

And the tongue that speaks proud things,

Matthew 15:8,9

8 ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,

And honor Me with their lips,

But their heart is far from Me.

9 And in vain they worship Me,

Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ "

please make an effort to learn the word of God which is the Bible, not teachings taught by men, meaning, follow only the words of the Bible, not other teachings.

We may have been hurt by the actions of men, teaching false things, but please know that "men will always fail you, but God is always faithful".

Jesus saved me from a hate filled, sorrowful, evil world, and gave me life that come by his Grace,jsfrk2

Upvote 0

jsfrk2

Jul 8, 2003
Arkansas
Visit site
✟148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now we get into the Big Bad side of Mormon doctrine......

Now This next part of Mormon doctrine can be scary to any Christian
1. It seem’s to me that acceptance of Joseph Smith Goes right along with acceptance of Jesus himself as salvation into the kingdom of heaven......

Joseph f. Smith

No salvation without accepting Joseph Smith. If Joseph Smith was verily a prophet and if he told the truth.... no man can reject that testimony without incurring the most dreadful consequences. For he cannot enter the Kingdom of God. (Doctrine of salvation, Volume 1, pg.189,190)
Apostle Bruce McConkie adds; "if it had not been for Joseph Smith and the restoration, there would be no salvation" (Mormon Doctrine pg. 670)

It is Obvious that these leaders supposedly chosen by God to lead the Church, don’t believe in the Bible.

Acts 4:12
12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
They are talking about Jesus. No other name which among men to be saved by, only the name of Jesus!!!

Many Mormons’ try to earn position in the presence of God by their good deeds and works, but the Bible says in Titus 3:5 "not by works of righteousness which we have been done, but according to his mercy, he saved us."
To Mormons, the ultimate test for truth is a "inner feeling" or "burning in the bosom" that tell them Mormonism or the Book of Mormon is true.
Since this is so important to a Mormon, the question must be asked,"where do these feeling come from?"

Three sources
1) God. Certainly the all-powerful God can cause good feelings. (Revelations9:6)
2)Satan: that great deceiver and father of lies can cause a good feeling.(2Thessalonians 2:9)
3)Mans own heart; man is capable of producing good feelings.(Proverbs 14:12)

Upvote 0

kimber1

mean people suck
Feb 25, 2003
Va.
Visit site
✟38,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you so much for these lessons!! It really helps me since my stepbrother is a LDS. I just don't get how someone rasied the same way as me, went to the same churches and stuff chose this path of releigion. But thank you for the info. I feel I can better witness to him now that I know some of their beliefs!!

Upvote 0

Wrigley

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟21,012.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
†The Book of Mormon contradicts current Mormon doctrine

There doctrince is a web of contradictions. A lot of the stuff developed my Smith and Young came from their desires at the moment. i.e. polygamy.

If you look closely, even the "revelation" that ended polygamy contradicts what is being taugh today.

Polygamy isn't the only contradiction, but the easiest to bring out.

Also, with the door open for new present day revelations, many more contradictions are possible.

BTW, God is indeed good to lead you out of the mess of a cult.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

calgal

Mar 25, 2003
Western MI
Visit site
✟17,475.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wrigley said:
There doctrince is a web of contradictions. A lot of the stuff developed my Smith and Young came from their desires at the moment. i.e. polygamy.

If you look closely, even the "revelation" that ended polygamy contradicts what is being taugh today.

Polygamy isn't the only contradiction, but the easiest to bring out.

Also, with the door open for new present day revelations, many more contradictions are possible.

BTW, God is indeed good to lead you out of the mess of a cult.

Thank God I am free of that cult! It is a mess and getting worse by the day. The leadership has decided to go after piercings and tattoos, not any actual issues. Image over substance is the new Mormon motto. DNA is a good issue to discuss as well as Polygamy.

Upvote 0

Wrigley

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟21,012.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
calgal said:
Thank God I am free of that cult! It is a mess and getting worse by the day. The leadership has decided to go after piercings and tattoos, not any actual issues. Image over substance is the new Mormon motto. DNA is a good issue to discuss as well as Polygamy.

True, that is another good area. I don't have a lot of knowledge in that area, so its best left to those who do. (Biology wasn't one of my greatest courses in school.)

I think if you go for the broader scope of the history of what the book of mormon claims is an excellent choice too. I get a kick out of going to the FARMS site from time to time. It seems they have an "a-ha" moment everytime some new artifact is found. Only to have it not be what they want it to be.

Wouldn't peircing and tattoos be covered under the WOW already?

Upvote 0

Wrigley

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟21,012.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
calgal said:

Hey calgal, I didn't see it was you who was posted that. :wave:

Upvote 0

jsfrk2

Jul 8, 2003
Arkansas
Visit site
✟148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The farther down the rabbit hole goes, the scarier it gets......
Prodestants and Catholics alike will be offended by this next statement
of Mormon doctrine.......

Next subject....
1. The Mormon view of the virgin birth
Apostle Orson Pratt, The Seer 1853,pg. 158
Therefore, the father and mother of Jesus, according to the flesh, must have been associated together in the capacity of husband and wife. Hence the virgin Mary must have been, for the time being, the lawful wife of God the father. Inasmuch as God was the first husband to her, it may be that he only gave her to be the wife of Joseph while in this mortal state and that he intended after the resurrection to again take her as one of his own wives to raise up immortal spirits in eternity.
So.... if we were to believe what the prophet was saying, we would have to believe;
1) Mary could not have been a virgin after this experience.
2) God the father is an Adulterer, because according to Mormon doctrine he already had one wife and was unfaithful with Mary.
3)Mary is an Adulteress because she was engaged to Joseph to be married.
4) God the father would have to be charged with incest, because Mormonism teaches Mary is the daughter of God from the "So-called" pre-existence.
BLASPHEMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See Matthew 1:18,20 to see the Real story
If this teaching is to be believed at all, you must totally disregard the Bible and Mormon doctrine says that the book of Mormon is "another" testament of Jesus Christ, so the Bible must believe that the Bible is true if it is "another" testament the first one must be true.

One of the articles of faith states: We believe in the Bible as long at is translated correctly. As it was, now and will never be proven translated incorrectly Because Gods’ word never goes out void and Jesus’ promise that not a word will disappear from the Law, plus countless scientific, archaeologic and textual evidence that backs the Bible. But that will be reserved for another lesson:)

One of the article of faith states; We believe that through the atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

That right there means that they don’t believe in; Ephesians 2:8,9
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
You don’t need to submit to a Church, just submit to God!
Acts 16:31
31 So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."
Belief in the LORD Jesus Christ is what you need to be saved, not any Church,, a Church cant save you, nor can following the law save you.

God bless you all,your brother in Christ Jesus,jsfrk2

Upvote 0