United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Having had the prodigal son on my mind all through reading your story on the other thread I fail to see how you can make that assumption. The prodigal son to me speaks of both.

Jesus didn't speak in terms of backsliding and apostate. These are conventions we have devised to interprete the Bible. Men seem to lose the essence of truth when studying too scholarly. I think it comes from relying on own understanding and man's wisdom. You see it here. People become more pharisaical and one fails to see the fruit of the spirit or Jesus' teachings in their words.

I do not think you have been abandoned by God. I think you are sat in the field with the pigs and still letting yourself get in the way. Pride, stubborness etc * You need to accept that You are no more unworthy than the rest of us. I pray that you can cast off you own understanding and listen to what Jesus said and says and not the things your brain, satan and us humans say. I pray that you hear His wisdom and not our own and that you embrace the gift and run with it. That you fix your eyes on Him and that you allow Him to reign as King in your life.

You are what is separating yourself from feeling the love of God right now. Let go of the chains of self condemnation and rest in Him and let Him teach you as only He can.

God bless you brother.

* ADDED AFTER and it is awfully proud of yourself to consider yourself so. Jesus didn't come to save the righteous. You can not be righteous on your own merit. You can not deserve salvation. Nothing you can try on your own can erase the past. You are trapped in this mess because of earthly wisdom. (Trust in Him instead of that.) Like I was. Hebrews 6:4 was my stumbling block for 15 years. My walk is still affected by self condemnation and get stuck trying to be good enough. When my eyes are fixed on Him, I can walk without sinning much. It is only when trusting in Him, not leaning on my own understanding that the fruit of the Spirit fully encompasses my heart and behaviour. Been learning this for over two years so far and still learning.

And this is something only God can teach you. You need to learn that from Him, through living it. When, I guess is up to you. You can carry on sitting with the pigs or humbly go home to Him. When you admit that you can't do it, trust in Him and let Him teach you.

(For the record I don't agree with OSAS either. So I'm not coming from the OSAS point of view when I type. I have given up trying to merge what the Bible says with Calvinism and Arminianism as it is man's interpretation. Isaiah 55:8-9).

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
God desires your trust. At some point you have to let go of your own thinking and cling with all your might to Him..
THis is true. That same writer of Hebrews goes on to say that it pleases God when we believe that a) He is God (ie, He is able to save), and b) that He rewards those who seek Him (ie, He wants to save).

Hebrews 6 has been called the devil's favorite scripture, because it is so poorly understood. And as is usually the case, it is because it is taken out of context, even its immediate context. A thorough study will show that the writer's intent was not to condemn, but to warn and even to restore.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
THis is true. That same writer of Hebrews goes on to say that it pleases God when we believe that a) He is God (ie, He is able to save), and b) that He rewards those who seek Him (ie, He wants to save).

Hebrews 6 has been called the devil's favorite scripture, because it is so poorly understood. And as is usually the case, it is because it is taken out of context, even its immediate context.
Hebrews 4:16

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just opened my Bible and started to read. It was immensely comforting to me and made me think of what your going through too. Isaiah 49:5-18

Especially Isaiah 49:13-16

After more reading.
Even through into Isaiah 51 there is comfort. Isaiah 51:12-16 Remember how Israel acted like you did. He still kept His promise to Abraham and David. He was still faithful. He brought them out of idolatry. (ESV says it better. It says 'he who is bowed down' instead of the captive exile in the cf version. I recommend reading your Bible in prayer. Not these verses, let the Holy Spirit reveal what you need to know.

Isaiah 55 is truly wonderful to read. Especially after reading about the man of sorrows in Isaiah 54.

Isaiah 55:6-7 Seek the Lord while He may be found; call upon Him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.

For Isaiah 55:8-9 ♡ Hallelujah!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,072,731.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I believe that as long as you say things such as are in the title of your post that it will be way difficult for you to turn around. The words of our mouths, even in print, can be very powerful. You can make positive confessions or negative confession. Guess which kind will help you?

There are ways to rephrase concerns....

I pray you will not express doubts about the Father's love for you and ability to heal you. I pray you will be healed and walk, and speak, in faith always.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON
268548_f6b6367616b23e577551e293b213bc90.jpg

After Staff Review
This Thread is now
Permanently Closed

But please see How can I come back from being apostate? (Hebrews 6) if anyone wants to continue in this discussion (without debate.)
Thank You
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.