Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi I'm 17 years old and I've been saved since I was about 11 years old. Lately I have been troubled with doubts as to weather I am saved. I know only by the grace of God and Jesus Christ's blood shed on the cross I am saved. I've prayed the sinners prayer and I have asked God for the forgiveness of my sins, I've listed off as many as I can remember and repented. I know I truly believe this in my heart and I truly believe only by what Jesus did on the cross I am saved and that it is a gift from him for me to accept. So why do I still question myself at times did I really mean it, was I sincere enough do I really believe he did all those things all those years ago? I'm a deep thinker and I sometimes literally think myself to the point where I just feel so broken and can't handle the feeling. I know I am saved and I truly believe I am but then the doubts just come back. I've been dealing with this for a long time now and I just want so advice. I've asked God to help me threw it and I know he will maby he's doing this on purpose to show me something and he just hasn't shown me yet. I have definitely changed my ways to the best of my abilities and read my Bible daily and pray daily. Anyways I would love to hear your guys thoughts on this and if I missed anything. God bless you all and stay safe and healthy!

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi I'm 17 years old and I've been saved since I was about 11 years old. Lately I have been troubled with doubts as to weather I am saved. I know only by the grace of God and Jesus Christ's blood shed on the cross I am saved. I've prayed the sinners prayer and I have asked God for the forgiveness of my sins, I've listed off as many as I can remember and repented. I know I truly believe this in my heart and I truly believe only by what Jesus did on the cross I am saved and that it is a gift from him for me to accept. So why do I still question myself at times did I really mean it, was I sincere enough do I really believe he did all those things all those years ago? I'm a deep thinker and I sometimes literally think myself to the point where I just feel so broken and can't handle the feeling. I know I am saved and I truly believe I am but then the doubts just come back. I've been dealing with this for a long time now and I just want so advice. I've asked God to help me threw it and I know he will maby he's doing this on purpose to show me something and he just hasn't shown me yet. I have definitely changed my ways to the best of my abilities and read my Bible daily and pray daily. Anyways I would love to hear your guys thoughts on this and if I missed anything. God bless you all and stay safe and healthy!
Hi. Everything in your message seems to add up to us saying, "You are saved. Don't worry."

But there are two lines that jump off the page at me:

"So why do I still question myself at times did I really mean it, was I sincere enough do I really believe he did all those years ago? I'm a deep thinker and I sometimes literally think myself to the point where I just feel so broken and can't handle the feeling. I know only I know I am saved and I truly believe I am but then the doubts just come back. I've been dealing with this for a long time now and I just want so advice."

I have serious doubts about churches that induce 11 year olds to make such a commitment, and then to believe all that is involved. It virtually invites second-guesses as that person becomes more mature and thinks about these things more analytically.

It may be that this is the source of your doubts. If so, I'd think a new start of some sort might be in order. I do not mean a baptism if you have already been baptised, but if you haven't you might consider beginning the steps in some church leading to baptism and all that goes with it, full church membership, regular attendance, and so on. I may be assuming too much, but none of this was mentioned in your post. There is a lot that can be said for participation in the daily life of a congregation!

Upvote 0

God is good777

Mar 26, 2020
Panhandle of idaho
✟29,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi. Everything in your message seems to add up to us saying, "You are saved. Don't worry."

But there are two line that jump off the page at me:

"So why do I still question myself at times did I really mean it, was I sincere enough do I really believe he did all those years ago? I'm a deep thinker and I sometimes literally think myself to the point where I just feel so broken and can't handle the feeling. I know only I know I am saved and I truly believe I am but then the doubts just come back. I've been dealing with this for a long time now and I just want so advice."

I have serious doubts about churches that induce 11 year olds to make such a commitment, and then to believe all that is involved. It virtually invites second-guesses as that person becomes more mature and thinks about these things more analytically.

It may be that this is the source of your doubts. If so, I'd think a new start of some sort might be in order. I do not mean a baptism if you have already been baptised, but if you haven't you might consider beginning the steps in some church leading to baptism and all that goes with it, full church membership, regular attendance, and so on. I may be assuming too much, but none of this was mentioned in your post.
Sorry I did not mention I felt the post was getting long haha. But I was baptized when I was 11 as well and I used to go to church every Sunday but my family has kinda stopped going. We are thinking of going again soon tho because I do feel that we should start again. Thank you for asking about that and yes it was alot to take in when I was 11.

Upvote 0

God is good777

Mar 26, 2020
Panhandle of idaho
✟29,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That happens.

It is hard for us to see/believe that we are growing until we actually grow big and tall. And, then suddenly one day we realize that we did grow. :)

Keep abiding in Jesus.
Thanks that actually really reasonates with me alot and makes alot of sense appreciate what you said and thank you God bless you.

Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

God is good777

Mar 26, 2020
Panhandle of idaho
✟29,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When you were 11 - did Gd do something or did you do something?

If God did something - embraced you as a son regardless of the simplicity, rest in what God did and build on that.
I believe God did something. I have asked to be saved again in times when my doubt was very real. But I do feel God called me to him when I was 11 yes.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That happens.

It is hard for us to see/believe that we are growing until we actually grow big and tall. And, then suddenly one day we realize that we did grow. :)

Keep abiding in Jesus.

This is so true.

• Friendly
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a pretty normal thing to go through. The fact you question it means you really care about salvation. With these flawed bodies we mess up and at times it makes us question our salvation. Just remember we will never be perfect while on this planet. We can only try to be. As long as you truly believe you are saved and truly always try your hardest to be as Christ like as you can, you have nothing to worry about.

Upvote 0