small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Very proud of my accomplishment! Now you kids GET OFF MY LAWN!!! While I crank up Vanilla Ice!!!

OK. just looked it up. I'm in the Silent Generation (1925 -1945). I've got daughters of your generation and my shotgun is loaded. Keep your distance.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very proud of my accomplishment! Now you kids GET OFF MY LAWN!!! While I crank up Vanilla Ice!!!

So am I apparently... I thought I was a boomer.

crybaby.gif

OK. just looked it up. I'm in the Silent Generation (1925 -1945). I've got daughters of your generation and my shotgun is loaded. Keep your distance.

Yeah, we know you're as old as dirt Jack. Still not as old as my dad, he just turned 91 but the same generation. I had no idea they even had a name. If it's meant to be silent will be news to him... ^_^

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2021
North America
✟9,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 5:7,8 Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. Romans 12:18 if it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peacefully with all men.

We need to give all men the benifit of the doubt and not go off half cocked to shoot people. a Servant of God.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 5:7,8 Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. Romans 12:18 if it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peacefully with all men.

We need to give all men the benifit of the doubt and not go off half cocked to shoot people. a Servant of God.

Not sure what your reply is referring to, but Welcome to the Golden eagles.

Which seeing my post above ^ it's been a year and my dad is now 92.
Hope everyone here is doing well.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Old? Cactus? Or young and to be booted out the door and told not to step on the lawn? ^_^

Are you kidding? I can remember when Ice Ice Baby came out.

... and Dirty Harry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you kidding? I can remember when Ice Ice Baby came out.

... and Dirty Harry.

I had to go Google that Ice Ice baby thing, because you know, I am actually old. How dare they steal the melody from 'Under Pressure', young upstarts.

Dirty Harry will redeem you somewhat, but did you walk to school uphill and downhill, through the rain and blazing sun? Because that's the real litmus test of age. That and curly cord phones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had to go Google that Ice Ice baby thing, because you know, I am actually old. How dare they steal the melody from 'Under Pressure', young upstarts.

Dirty Harry will redeem you somewhat, but did you walk to school uphill and downhill, through the rain and blazing sun? Because that's the real litmus test of age. That and curly cord phones.

Oh I had to Google it too. I was surprised it came out in '08, I thought it was a 90's thing. And yeah within a couple of seconds of listening to it, I was listening to Under Pressure. But even though I like that song, most 90s music is too new for me.

When I was little we had a rotary phone and a B&W TV with a wooden case (and rabbit ears of course). I did walk to school through the blazing sun and pouring rain, but the terrain was fairly level as I recall. And a Hershey bar cost 8 cents.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2021
North America
✟9,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is this a section you have to be old enough to post in? I hope not, because that means I'm...
Not sure what your reply is referring to, but Welcome to the Golden eagles.

Which seeing my post above ^ it's been a year and my dad is now 92.
Hope everyone here is doing well.
I am sorry if i sounded rude. but i was born in 1965 and i am a male and it seemed to me he was telling everyone to stay away from his daughter or he would shoot them. that is why i said give everybody the benifit of doubt before you shoot. love is the answer not hate so forgive me i now see he was joking sorry if i offended anyone. a Saint of God

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry if i sounded rude. but i was born in 1965 and i am a male and it seemed to me he was telling everyone to stay away from his daughter or he would shoot them. that is why i said give everybody the benifit of doubt before you shoot. love is the answer not hate so forgive me i now see he was joking sorry if i offended anyone. a Saint of God

I don't know the post you were referring too, but this area is mostly games, jokes and the occasional chat. I think it's an unspoken rule that serous stuff does not normally get discussed in the Golden eagle area, so I would assume someone was joking.

Edit: Lol not the Golden eagle area. I never bother with this area since I already joined the Golden eagles before this area was made.
As such I have no idea what they talk about in here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I just viewed it as a light-hearted comment.

Upvote 0

LeGato

LCMS/Crypto-Amish
Nov 17, 2021
Neuschwabenland
✟14,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What is a Golden Eagle? I view myself as a cross between a Rabbit and a Lion...

• Haha
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.