• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

i'm a flippin moron

LightInDarkPlaces

Jun 10, 2007
In the States, but I belong in Ireland.
✟8,101.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
I done got high! For the first time in a long while! I don't like this, I feel like a hypocrite, and I know this path cuz i been there b4 and i just need y'all's prayers, please, i don't know if i can pray for myself or save myself, cuz that's how i am when get stoned, but i gotta try, but PLEASE help me as best y'all can, thanx

Love loyalty and friendship

Lzzie

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sweetheart, we all make choices that we see later aren't the best for us... then turn around and sometimes do it again. :doh: we're all stubborn like that. just work through it. forgive yourself for doing something you think you shouldn't have or should have known better etc. ...
it's all life. life exsperiances are sometimes a pain. :hug:
can you find a resource, like a group or study, related to or not this struggle? instead of tearing yourself down; build upon this knowledge to help you with future temptations. :hug: ~ love dee

Upvote 0

saraharms1

Aug 31, 2006
MacTown, Texas
✟8,168.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've been down that road before too. There will be bumps in the road. We just have to make sure they get fewer and farther between till there are none.

Forgive yourself but also learn from this. Build up your strength and courage to say no the next time.

We all make mistakes. Don't beat yourself up. Continue your prayers and I'll be praying for you too!

Sarah

Upvote 0

Fable

Apr 4, 2007
✟7,701.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes the reason we go back to our drugs or alcohol is because being high/drunk is what is familiar to us and what we are comfortable with.

Getting clean can be kinda like going into a new city or new place that we don't know, and we feel home sick and lost until we get used to it.

Hang in there. I'll say some prayers!

Upvote 0

LogosPryme

Jun 9, 2007
Oregon, USA
✟7,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to be a meth addict (currently clean for about 4 years running with NO desires to turn back). When I first got saved I was still a meth addict and I couldn't stop. I tried and tried on my own strength, praying constantly, and beating myself emotionally for my inability to be rid of my stronghold.

During one of my grief stricken bouts of meth use I asked once again for the Lord to HELP. Crying out to him with everything I got. His response was, "I will deliver you in MY time."

Some may argue as to why God would want me to remain in that condition for any period of time. But the answer is simple, God wanted me to learn to rely on Him only and not on my own strength. When he told me he would deliver me in His time, I placed my trust in that. He cannot lie. It was only one week later that, through a series of tremendous miracles, I was set free from this.

So don't beat yourself up when you fail. Just get back up knowing that God will continue the work He started in you until it is finished.

A scripture to stand on:

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
(Php 1:6)

Upvote 0
N

Nobility

I posted this already tonight for someone else... but I think it'd be great for you too hun :hug:

One of the analogies that I think works best here is to look at yourself as if on a path to recovery. Complete recovery is at one end, whilst complete destruction (whatever that may be for you) is at the other. When you trip up and use again (or again whatever your problem is) you haven't gone back to the start by any means! Whilst you may have taken a few steps backwards, you are miles from where you started.

Consider this a good reason to get yourself back up and trying again

Upvote 0