Illinois gas station worker suspended after telling Latino customers 'ICE will come'

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Illinois gas station worker suspended after telling Latino customers 'ICE will come'
A gasoline station attendant was suspended from his job Wednesday after a video was shared on social media appearing to show him telling Latino customers that "ICE will come" in Naperville, Illinois.

In the video posted to Facebook on Tuesday, the attendant at a Bucky's Express shop in Naperville gets into an argument with two women, telling them "I'm an American" and asking, "Are you a citizen?"

One of the women responds "yes" and repeatedly asks, "What is your problem?" The attendant responds: "Don't you know the rules? They need to go back to their country. It's illegal."

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Clearly he was taken out of context. The Midwest has been having some hot days and he was just telling them that the “ICE” man will come, as he does on every Tuesday and Friday, to fill up the ICE machine.

Besides, Bolingbrook has better ICE than Naperville...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What I was grossed out the most about in that video is after behaving so rottenly he says "God bless you."

I wish putting those two sentiments together could shock me, but it really doesn't anymore.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I wish putting those two sentiments together could shock me, but it really doesn't anymore.

That's sad. I'm young & I live in Canada now bc my family emigrated here from the US yrs ago. So maybe that's why it still shocks me. Tbh I hope to not become jaded to nastiness like that.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's sad. I'm young & I live in Canada now bc my family emigrated here from the US yrs ago. So maybe that's why it still shocks me. Tbh I hope to not become jaded to nastiness like that.

The people who say stuff like that want you to be shocked... they take your outrage like a badge of honor.

Laughing at such idiocy is far more satisfying.

Upvote 0