May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would disagree as almost every other employee who has traveled with her seem to think she is so "incredibly fun" once you get her away from her desk
I think that you really, truly do understand that her behavior is unsettling, weird, unethical, and damaging. You're telling yourself that she's not that bad to get your mind to bend towards a less rigid way of interacting with her. You do need to put on the armor of God, my friend, because you know it, we know it, and your cat knows it, that this woman is bad news. Pray for her but keep an emotional distance. You can do this. God is with you. In the meantime. Begin to look for another job. Just do.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

MichaelDB

Jun 14, 2018
New Iberia
✟20,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You're telling yourself that she's not that bad to get your mind to bend towards a less rigid way of interacting with her.
This is exactly why I started this thread. I want to tell myself that she is not that bad. I need that little extra kick of sense from all my brothers and sisters to snap me out of that. Right now we are stopped for gas and let me tell you just this part of the drive has been an almost unbearable challenge. Is a combination of my own intrusive thoughts and just what I have learned of about just how positively irritating she as a person can be. And the wired feeling of lusting for her and being absolutely irritated by her childish antics.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Deniz

Jun 14, 2018
Istanbul
✟23,462.00
Country
Turkey
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
This is exactly why I started this thread. I want to tell myself that she is not that bad. I need that little extra kick of sense from all my brothers and sisters to snap me out of that. Right now we are stopped for gas and let me tell you just this part of the drive has been an almost unbearable challenge. Is a combination of my own intrusive thoughts and just what I have learned of about just how positively irritating she as a person can be. And the wired feeling of lusting for her and being absolutely irritated by her childish antics.

Remember, Jesus is also sitting in that car. He's awaiting you to include Him in the conversation.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hang in there. Pray for her. And pray for yourself. Put Christ in your head and heart. Maybe put a Christian station on the radio. It'll drown out any possibility of conversation and it's a nice way to both subtly evangelize, and give yourself something encouraging to listen to.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wish I could resign that job but I just can't tomorrow. The truth is I have been looking ever since they brought her in. Initially because I felt cheated since that position was implicitly promised to me. I am going to look twice as hard now.
It looks like I have no choice but to go on that survey with her tomorrow. I spoke to our boss again and she really doesn't see what the big deal is. She even questioned if I might just be reading too much into my Co workers "idiosyncrasies" and "lack of social grace ". She went as far too suggest that maybe since I am use to my coworker's dour icyness in the office I may be mistaking my coworker's attempts at friendliness for flirtation. She also insinuated that I myself make some female employees uncomfortable with my social akwardness and I should not be so quick to judge. She however did concede that my Co worker is a bit of a snuggler when she falls asleep and it makes her a little uncomfortable when they are on long flights together.
She again implied that I just didn't know how to "handle" my coworker. Her advice was since this would be a long drive, just take one of the company SUV'S, fold the seats down in the back and let her sleep. She told me that I shouldn't be "scared" of my Co worker and that she could be a little "intense" when she is on guard but if I can get her to relax she is an "absolute peach". She told me that my coworker's ultimate weakness is free junk food. And that all I need to do is go out and get a couple bags of those fun sized candy bars, a case of Mexican sodas, maybe some cans of Pringles I can just let her snack away happily and she will eventually fall asleep then I can drive in peace if I really didn't want to deal with her.
I am going to continue to pray for guidance but so far I am still as lost and frustrated as ever.
I will repeat this in a different way. You have a woman problem where you work. Your supervisor is taking advantage of you and should be terminated for her lax behavior. This is obviously not something to play with. Your peers have a problem with you. And your central problem, this woman, is not going away. It has been suggested many times what you should do and I don't think one here thinks you should stay. If you do leave I would make sure to not find a similar job in a similar environment.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do not listen to people deceiving you about premarital sex somehow being okay. You are trying too hard to ignore good advice and accept doubtful/deceitful advice which makes me question your intentions.
I was beginning to think similar thoughts.

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I spent the last week at an annual Energy Conference with one of my co-workers and I am at a loss as to how I should feel about her, how I should interact with her or do about her behavior. I am so confused because she is all at the same time one of the most corrupt, dishonest, promiscuous, yet must intelligent, beautiful, and sweetest young women I have ever met.
Here is a little background: A few months ago the company I work for hired this new engineer. She was brought in and introduced as the Senior Structural Engineer. I will admit I wasn't happy with that because it was always implied by our boss that I would be promoted to senior and they were going to bring in a new junior engineer, my current title is Project Engineer. Anyways this girl is maybe 24 years old has 10 years less work history but was brought in as a senior. In the first weeks she was here you could tell that she is incredibly intelligent. But I mainly steered clear of her because she seemed very cold and distant, that of course unless she was chewing some one out. Whenever she was getting into it with some one you could hear her through her door. One she even made one of our rig managers cry. Needless to say I didn't want to be on the receiving end so I mainly avoided her and only engaged her when necessary. About 3 weeks ago our boss came in from out of town and told her she was sending her to the Energy conference and she told her that she wanted me to go too. She came into my office and proceeded to ask me who my best friend was. Not really knowing how to respond I looked at her dumbly until one of the drafters whispered in my ear that I should say she was my best friend. When I told her that she was my best friend she said that's good because I was going to be going to Colorado with her. She dismissively said that she could use an extra vote and some one to carry her bags then turned and left.
It was at the conference that's when I started noticing her behavior. At first I just thought she was a little odd but she was pleasant and even generous. On the day we arrived she said she wanted to have a steak for dinner so we went to this really expensive restaurant where the entrees were more that 50 dollars a plate. At first I was a little apprehensive because I didn't know how much we were allowed to charge onto our company cards. I expressed to her my feelings and she told me just to get whatever I want. I ordered myself a chicken dish because I didn't think she really had the authority to say if something was OK or not. She proceeded to order herself two steaks and a lobster tail, because she "didn't know if she would like the New York Strip or the Rib eye better". It was the strangest thing watching that little lady hog through two steaks and a lobster tail. When the bill came I asked if they could split the check since I asked didn't want to be responsible for what amounted to a 200$ meal. That's when she snatched the ticket out of my hand and said she would put all of it onto her card. She then made an inappropriate joke to the waitress about "not believing the hype about dating an older man". Then we went back to the hotel where she insisted on getting a few drinks. She proceeded to get completely hammered at the bar to the point where the bar tender insisted I take her back to her room. I practically carried her to her room and plopped her onto her bed. I was in the middle of asking her if she needed anything else she fell asleep fully dressed face down with her shoes on. So I left her there and returned to my room. I called our boss and she told me just to let her sleep it off ands that is "just classic Ava" and she just asked me to make sure she is OK in the morning. She then closed with a rather inappropriate joke about how in the off chance my co-worker were to die in her sleep to please bring back her laptop and iPad.
So the next morning I awoke to my Co worker knocking on my door telling me it was time for the conference breakfast. She looked completely put together, perfect makeup, classy little dress. I could not believe just 6 hours previous she was a drunk sloppy mess. Well we went down to breakfast and she again piled her plate high. It was hard not to stare as she practically inhaled 3 large plates of bacon, eggs, grits, and sausage. After breakfast she excused herself and disappeared for an hour and I didn't see her until it was her time to present.
She gave her talk, and people all adrndound were pretty impressed with her intellegance. I finally caught up with her at the end of the morning session and she was hanging off the arm of a sales rep of one of our vendors. She introduced me to him as "her best friend" and told me that the vendor was taking us to lunch. For lunch she insisted on one of the most expensive restaurants and again ordered her self the most expensive combination of items available. She then insisted that the waiter not bring me the sensible meal I ordered but instead to bring me a double portion of what she ordered because she would "feel fat" if I ate less than her. I was watching the face of the sales rep and he looked as if this was a normal thing so I decided not to rock the boat. I was shocked when she started to order multiple drinks. When the vendor rep said something she took his hand and put it onto her stomach and told him to give it a little squeeze. He then said to him "the fatter I get the less inclined I am to want to haggle". After we ate she told me she wanted to go for a walk and she made me go with her to a Chlis. She told me to wait outside while she "took care of something ". I waited for her and she came out with a dessert in a brown bag. She asked me if I wanted it, I said no so she threw it into the trash. She then told me that she wanted to take a nap so I had to go to the afternoon session in her place.
Around dinner time she came came and found me and told me that she wanted to "eat light" because after dinner she wanted to go party. Despite saying she wanted to eat light she again insisted on an expensive place and still she ordered a ton of food she just didn't eat it all this time. Then like the night before she proceeded to get totally trashed at the bar and I had to take her back to her room.
The next day was pretty much the same, she ate a huge breakfast, dissapeared for an hour, attended the morning session, forced a vendor to buy her lunch, stopped at the chili's , bailed on the afternoon session and came to find me for dinner. And like the night before she wanted to drink. This time we went to another bar which continued to serve her despite her intoxication and they served her until she stated throwing up. I was there so I ended up holding her hair back and then carrying her back to her room. Again I plopped her into her bed and left her.
The next morning was different. When she met me at my room she wasn't near as cold or dismissive as she normally was. She was much friendlier than she had ever been and she thanked me for keeping vomit out of her hair. But despite her new demeanor the same routine from the previous day just repeated it self. However, at dinner time she said she wanted to do room service instead of going out because she had to finish a report on her laptop. I initially told her to have a good night but she practically forced me to come up to eat with her.
Like the nights before she ordered a ton of food and drink and just went to town like it was no body's business. Part way through she even excused her self to change out of her dress because she complained it wa getting a little snug. So for a couple hours we ate and drank together and the more she drank the more affable and flirtatious she got. She eventually tried crawling into my lap but I used all my spiritual fortitude to resist her advances. She eventually passed out drunk and I just put her to bed. I stayed in her room with her but I didn't do anything because I was concerned and wanted to make sure she woke up.
When she woke up a few hours later, at first she made some dispariging comment about how I must be thick or gay for missing an opportunity like that. That's when I just sat her down and asked her what her deal was. I questioned her about her odd behavior. I asked her if she was trying to prove something because she really has nothing she needs to prove, I told her how intelligent she is and that she doesn't need the theatrics to draw attention to herself. That's when she said that none of what she does is theatrics. She told me about the drinking and promiscuity she just liked being drunk and having sex. And she assured me she didn't have an eating disorder and that she just enjoyed food. I asked her why then did she always have to make a pig of herself and that's when she pulled out a folder from her bag and showed me exactly why she does what she does at restaurants.
It turns out that when ever she travels for business she buys restaurant gift card on her corporate card and she sells them later. That's why when we went to eat together she always made sure the bill is super high. The way she put it is, when she is normally by herself she would maybe get a dollar cheese burger from McDonald's and then charge an 80 dollar gift card to her company card. So the company would think she ate an 80 dollar meal. Ergo when we ate together the bill HAS to be high so it wouldn't look suspicious when they do audits. She said the reason she pigs out in font of vendors is so her reputation as a big eater is established so no one questions how she can spend 100 plus at a chilis.
I was completely shocked that I was hearing this since to me this is stealing. I told her that it is odd that the company let's her charge that much for meals yet they told me it was against company policy for me to have both a laptop and a desk top. She responded by picking up the phone,calling or boss and telling her that I needed a laptop too. Our boss readily agreed.
Now I don't know what to do. I know what she is doing is wrong but she is such a sweetheart that I feel like if I told on her it would be like stepping on a kitten. And I am being honest, I do feel a strong infatuation with her and I find my self wondering what it would be like to date her. I have been single for the last 8 years and I would love to date some one as smart and sweet as her. What should I do? Would it be wrong for me to persue her despite her ethics? Should I stay silent about her activities?

She must be very, very, very pretty, since you seem interested in dating her despite her "moments". The big red flag here is that she seems self-centered and used to getting her own way all the time. I don't know if I would tell on her, because you don't want to burn bridges with her. She may end up your boss one day. Pray for her. You can befriend her, and maybe share the gospel with her. She can be changed maybe.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I'm facing something evil, annoying, or tempting, and it's really bugging me, I'll make the sign of the cross. Helps. Forehead, heart, left shoulder, right shoulder.

Could you maybe explain what every part of the sign of the cross means and why it is done?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MichaelDB

Jun 14, 2018
New Iberia
✟20,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
She must be very, very, very pretty, since you seem interested in dating her despite her "moments". The big red flag here is that she seems self-centered and used to getting her own way all the time. I don't know if I would tell on her, because you don't want to burn bridges with her. She may end up your boss one day. Pray for her. You can befriend her, and maybe share the gospel with her. She can be changed maybe.
She isn't just pretty but she just seems to ooze this intoxicating sexual wontoness in almost everyhing she does. I have been driving with her for 6 hours now and I am seriously having a hard time. I have tried doing what many posters have suggested about sharing the gospel with her but I am having just so many challenges with both my impatience, my intrusive thoughts, and my own weakness with her. I know Jesus is here with me and I know I am letting him down. When I have time to really sit down and get a hold of my self I will detail what I have tried on this trip and how I feel I am failing this test.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Could you maybe explain what every part of the sign of the cross means and why it is done?

Sure! As you touch your forehead with the thumb, pointer, and middle fingers of your right hand joined you say "In the Name of the Father" as you touch the heart "and of the Son" and left shoulder you say "and of the Holy" then right shoulder is "Spirit".

It is a way of honoring and calling upon the Holy Trinity, the One God, and is also very helpful in fighting against evil.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Deniz

Jun 14, 2018
Istanbul
✟23,462.00
Country
Turkey
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
She isn't just pretty but she just seems to ooze this intoxicating sexual wontoness in almost everyhing she does. I have been driving with her for 6 hours now and I am seriously having a hard time. I have tried doing what many posters have suggested about sharing the gospel with her but I am having just so many challenges with both my impatience, my intrusive thoughts, and my own weakness with her. I know Jesus is here with me and I know I am letting him down. When I have time to really sit down and get a hold of my self I will detail what I have tried on this trip and how I feel I am failing this test.

My good man, you are not letting Jesus down, you are not failing the test, don't look at it that way. Jesus already knows how weak you are when you are leaning on your own powers, but that's not how we overcome things. You spend quality time with the Lord in the secret place about this, and thank Him that He hears you and gives you understanding, power and brotherly love. Don't sabotage yourself and grieve the Lord by saying "prayer doesn't work, I get distracted, other thoughts invade etc"; none of that matters, just shift your focus back to Jesus. Even just 10 minutes in prayer makes the world of a difference. Don't wear any masks when you come before Him, and knowing what is right and good and that He hears and is willing to bless you, just ask of Him and thank Him.

Spending time with the Lord is the only answer to this, as well as everything else. Stop exalting your weakness over her and have faith that the Lord can easily remove the veil over your eyes, give you understanding and the power to do the right thing.

Upvote 0

Ojpalosa

Jan 19, 2018
Bästkusten
✟30,329.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My good man, you are not letting Jesus down, you are not failing the test, don't look at it that way. Jesus already knows how weak you are when you are leaning on your own powers, but that's not how we overcome things. You spend quality time with the Lord in the secret place about this, and thank Him that He hears you and gives you understanding, power and brotherly love. Don't sabotage yourself and grieve the Lord by saying "prayer doesn't work, I get distracted, other thoughts invade etc"; none of that matters, just shift your focus back to Jesus. Even just 10 minutes in prayer makes the world of a difference. Don't wear any masks when you come before Him, and knowing what is right and good and that He hears and is willing to bless you, just ask of Him and thank Him.

Spending time with the Lord is the only answer to this, as well as everything else. Stop exalting your weakness over her and have faith that the Lord can easily remove the veil over your eyes, give you understanding and the power to do the right thing.

I love this answer. God bless you.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure! As you touch your forehead you say "In the Name of the Father" as you touch the heart "and of the Son" and left shoulder you say "and of the Holy" then right shoulder is "Spirit".

It is a way of honoring and calling upon the Holy Trinity, the One God, and is also very helpful in fighting against evil.
Thanks for your replying me to this.:hug:

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Your main task is to resist allowing her to coax you into committing evil. You're not responsible for her, only for you.

It sounds like you are doing okay so far.

Keep praying, ... and do what is right ...

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So much for girls in STEMS an I right?
Just proves that it is no different regardless of your gender. I was dating a phone operator in Alaska and arrived early to pick her up. She had a while to wait for the night shift so I sat out in the break room reading a magazine and could hear the operators talking between calls. (In 1974 Alaska telcoms phone calls out of the city were still run by switchboard operators through the mountain top relays.) Being in the service I was by no means a prude but the conversations and words I overheard out of those women's mouths were 10 times more vulgar than the men I worked with. I had to go outside and wait and decide if this was the type woman I wanted to be with since we were talking about a serious relationship. I said something about it to her later that evening and she couldn't believe the men I served with were not that open and vulgar. No, we talked about family, kids, fixing things around the home, told jokes, and we talked about work. But we rarely discussed personal, private issues and if so, most of the time with a sense of decorum. It is a lot worse today but that proved to me that women were no better..., maybe worse than men when it came to talking behind closed doors.

Upvote 0

MichaelDB

Jun 14, 2018
New Iberia
✟20,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Just proves that it is no different regardless of your gender. I was dating a phone operator in Alaska and arrived early to pick her up. She had a while to wait for the night shift so I sat out in the break room reading a magazine and could hear the operators talking between calls. (In 1974 Alaska telcoms phone calls out of the city were still run by switchboard operators through the mountain top relays.) Being in the service I was by no means a prude but the conversations and words I overheard out of those women's mouths were 10 times more vulgar than the men I worked with. I had to go outside and wait and decide if this was the type woman I wanted to be with since we were talking about a serious relationship. I said something about it to her later that evening and she couldn't believe the men I served with were not that open and vulgar. No, we talked about family, kids, fixing things around the home, told jokes, and we talked about work. But we rarely discussed personal, private issues and if so, most of the time with a sense of decorum. It is a lot worse today but that proved to me that women were no better..., maybe worse than men when it came to talking behind closed doors.
Here is another unspoken truth. Have you noticed that short girls can act as immature as they please then if you were to treat one of them like a child (as a direct result of her conducting her self as a child would) you would be a sexist. However if you were to treat her as an adult (i.e. hold her responsible for her own actions much like you would do to any other adult ) you are a "bully". So is not no difference there is a ton of difference. My coworker pretty much said so herself. When I told her I didn't do this kind of thing when I was her age (I am 8 years her senior) , she told me it was probably because I wasn't as "adorkable" back then.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: marineimaging
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.