Ilhan Omar Reads Islamic Prayer At Catholic Church Prayer Service

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Because most people do not feel it does much good. It's a rare bishop that takes the complaints of the laity seriously. That's been my observation since being in the Church.

Precisely! I've complained to our bishop once and the outcome was not a good one for my family.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
She was invited by the St. Peter's to read the prayer at their multi-faith prayer service. Now that is exactly what Thanksgiving is all about! Folks from different faiths coming together to express gratitude. Beautiful! According to the link there were more than 2 dozens other members of Congress there along with her, Speaker Pelosi, others of faith. Thanks for bringing such sweet news to my attn., OP! This story made me happy.

Ya swing with it baby. Anything goes as long as you include the word folks in it. This make everything folksie and hunky Dory. We should have invited Poly throuplet folks to the “multi faith prayer service”

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I've read my history books. I haven't repurposed anything. I've also read my Bible. :)

You object to my characterization of folks coming together in unity to give thanksgiving as not being the true motive of Thanksgiving? :) Lol. Suit yourself. God bless your heart. God bless the heart of everyone in this thread.

You've missed the point. The purpose of the first Thanksgiving was to thank God alone. not God and other assorted deities, but God alone, who brought the members of that first colony through a terrible Winter where more than half the colony died due to exposure and starvation.
the Indians thanked God because the Pilgrims did not come to kill them, as a rival tribe would have done in the same situation. So they too were grateful for surviving.

And yes, by God's grace that was where the first efforts to reach the native Americans for Christ was started.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Are you american and then christian or vica verca?
I am Catholic, and I am a citizen of Heaven. That comes first because it is eternal.
All other citizenships on Earth are only temporary.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Clearly the Catholic church that invited her on Thanksgiving to give the prayer disagrees. Folks on an internet forum can just get as ticked off as they feel the need to be over that. Shrugs.

Yes, we can. But it's up to her Bishop to do something about that situation.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟808,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The church should never have allow this to happen. Between this and Pachamama, I don't know what's going on with our Church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟808,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mod Hat On

Some Posts and Responses
have been Removed
in
Thread Clean
RV: OBOB SoP

Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of the congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum.

Mod Hat Off

• Friendly
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums