Ilhan Omar Reads Islamic Prayer At Catholic Church Prayer Service

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
On Thanksgiving, Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) posted a video of herself speaking at a Washington, D.C.-area Catholic church in January, as part of a “multi faith” celebration.

“This is a prayer a read [sic] on the start of Congress and feel grounded in its blessings. Thank you all for standing with me and for our progressive movement!” Omar added.

In the video, the Democrat reads a common Islamic prayer while at the altar of the St. Peter’s Catholic Church.

Link: WATCH: Ilhan Omar Reads Islamic Prayer At Catholic Church Prayer Service

• Friendly
Reactions: Go Braves

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
On Thanksgiving, Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) posted a video of herself speaking at a Washington, D.C.-area Catholic church in January, as part of a “multi faith” celebration.

“This is a prayer a read [sic] on the start of Congress and feel grounded in its blessings. Thank you all for standing with me and for our progressive movement!” Omar added.

In the video, the Democrat reads a common Islamic prayer while at the altar of the St. Peter’s Catholic Church.

She was invited by the St. Peter's to read the prayer at their multi-faith prayer service. Now that is exactly what Thanksgiving is all about! Folks from different faiths coming together to express gratitude. Beautiful! According to the link there were more than 2 dozens other members of Congress there along with her, Speaker Pelosi, others of faith. Thanks for bringing such sweet news to my attn., OP! This story made me happy.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
She was invited by the St. Peter's to read the prayer at their multi-faith prayer service. Now that is exactly what Thanksgiving is all about! Folks from different faiths coming together to express gratitude. Beautiful! According to the link there were more than 2 dozens other members of Congress there along with her, Speaker Pelosi, others of faith. Thanks for bringing such sweet news to my attn., OP! This story made me happy.

UGH! :doh: This is so NOT what Thanksgiving is about.
Please stop trying to re-purpose our national holiday to suit modern ideas.
And read your history books!

P.S. As a 12th generation descendant of two of those same Pilgrims who were at the original celebration of Thanksgiving, I object to your characterization of their motives in creating a day of thanks to our God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
This "inclusiveness" reminds me of the '70's when they tried to include secular things at church. We had to listen to the Beatles "Here Comes the Sun"--and they tried to tell us the "son" was Jesus. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,909.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

This was religiously and morally reprehensible. From what I understand the parish where this happened is super liberal too, so this may be par for the course for them. :doh:

Doesn't excuse it in the slightest. The priest should be disciplined AT BEST and neither she, nor any of cohorts should be permitted to cross the threshold of a Church ever again, unless they truly intend to convert.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Could you confirm what 'faith' Ms. Pelosi identifies with?

I never doubted it for a second...

She is Catholic.

I'm so glad you never for a second doubted my decency! Appreciate that so much!

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
UGH! :doh: This is so NOT what Thanksgiving is about.
Please stop trying to re-purpose our national holiday to suit modern ideas.
And read your history books!

P.S. As a 12th generation descendant of two of those same Pilgrims who were at the original celebration of Thanksgiving, I object to your characterization of their motives in creating a day of thanks to our God.

I've read my history books. I haven't repurposed anything. I've also read my Bible. :)

You object to my characterization of folks coming together in unity to give thanksgiving as not being the true motive of Thanksgiving? :) Lol. Suit yourself. God bless your heart. God bless the heart of everyone in this thread.

• Winner
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
They were united as Americans on Thanksgiving to give thanks. She was invited there by that Catholic church. It's not like she just barged in & read an Islamic prayer. She did exactly what she was asked to do.

Are you american and then christian or vica verca?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Giving thanks to whom ? Isnt that kind of important? Seems dangerously close to polytheism to me.

The Wampanoag tribe members who had the feast of thanksgiving with the Puritans didn't share their faith.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
The Wampanoag tribe members who had the feast of thanksgiving with the Puritans didn't share their faith.

This would apply to some extent if the muslims invited catholics to the mosque to talk about Jesus or pray with them.
But that's the opposite of what happened here.

If muslims invited me to any such gathering I'd accept the invitation as I'd see it as an open hand directed towards me and perhaps even Christ.

To invite them sends the same message the other way around.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This would apply to some extent if the muslims invited catholics to the mosque to talk about Jesus or pray with them.
But that's the opposite of what happened here.

If muslims incited me to any such gathering I'd accept the invitation as I'd see it as an open hand directed towards me and perhaps even Christ.

To invite them sends the same message the other way around.

How constructive do you think it is to sit on an internet forum complaining about it? If you're upset, write to St. Peter's since they invited her. They were founded in 1820; it's the 2nd oldest parish in DC. They've been having their multi-faith Thanksgiving service for many years now, inviting folks of other faith to come, to give prayers.

• Winner
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
(Before I quit going there) I used to go to a friend's Catholic church and the priest allow different religions to present themselves in ritual dances and songs. I think the priest got a kick out of crossing the line religiously. I often wondered why he became a priest.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(Before I quit going there) I used to go to a friend's Catholic church and the priest allow different religions to present themselves in ritual dances and songs. I think the priest got a kick out of crossing the line religiously. I often wondered why he became a priest.
There are a lot of priests and bishops that seem to be like that.

Upvote 0