If you want kids to learn creation science, show how you'd teach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caphi

Jul 23, 2005
✟16,259.00
Faith
Hindu
Now, all of a sudden, I'm getting the mathematical definition of a singularity, am I?

I just checked my dictionary, and it says:

1. SINGULAR QUANTITY
  • singular, exceptional, or unusual quality
2. SOMETHING UNIQUE OR UNUSUAL
  • something that is unique, distinctive, or remarkable
3. CHARACTERISTIC
  • a distinguishing trait
4. HYPOTHETICAL POINT IN SPACE
  • Astrophysics: a hypothetical region in space in which gravitational forces cause matter to be infinitely compressed and space and time to become infinitely distorted
5. FUNCTION THAT IS NOT DIFFERENTIABLE
  • Mathematics: a point at which a complex function is undefined because it is neither differentiable nor single-valued, while the function is defined in every neighborhood of the point
  • Also called: SINGULAR POINT
THESARUS: marvel, wonder, miracle, spectacle

No, thanks, I think I'll save being embarrassed for later.
We've been talking about mathematical singularities the entire time. It's no one's fault but yours if you didn't know exactly what the discussion was about. But now that you do, would you like to rejoin with your new knowledge and perhaps have a better discussion?

Upvote 0

TheWakeUpCaller

WHITE KNIGHT
Aug 9, 2006
USA
✟783.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Yes, finding cures to deadly diseases makes me a sad panda. :cry:

Also, no Antibiotics for you!
Tell me when was the last time there was a cure for a disease. polio maybe? there will never be another cure for anything. It is all about money. I do not give anyone antibiotics either, or any drugs if I can help it. This is a major debate, you wanna get into this about how messed up drugs are for you. How WRONG the FDA and its scientists are on the drug issue, and how much crow they have swallowed. Every day I am told a drug that we have been prescribing has now been proven to cause heart attacks. and several hundred side effects, with some of them being lethal. The point is what they know today changes tomorrow. There are no absolutes in science. My 11 and 9 year old daughters do not understand why it is so hard for you to grasp God. She feels so sad for all of you, and is praying for you. She wanted to be a scientist, but after seeing what they are like, well lets just say I think she has changed her mind. How sad is it for an 11 year old to read here and say why are these people so mean? All they do is try to make the good guy(avm11611vet) look bad, and he seems so nice. Why do they do that dad? My answer: I dunno honey.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Tell me when was the last time there was a cure for a disease. polio maybe? there will never be another cure for anything. It is all about money. I do not give anyone antibiotics either, or any drugs if I can help it. This is a major debate, you wanna get into this about how messed up drugs are for you. How WRONG the FDA and its scientists are on the drug issue, and how much crow they have swallowed. Every day I am told a drug that we have been prescribing has now been proven to cause heart attacks. and several hundred side effects, with some of them being lethal. The point is what they know today changes tomorrow. There are no absolutes in science. My 11 and 9 year old daughters do not understand why it is so hard for you to grasp God. She feels so sad for all of you, and is praying for you. She wanted to be a scientist, but after seeing what they are like, well lets just say I think she has changed her mind. How sad is it for an 11 year old to read here and say why are these people so mean? All they do is try to make the good guy(avm11611vet) look bad, and he seems so nice. Why do they do that dad? My answer: I dunno honey.
An entire post of ad hominem attacks - congrats. You have a really bad conception of scientists. What about all the scientists in the world who are also Christians? Are they liars? You seem to think AV is the "good" guy because so many criticize his arguments, but if you understood how absolutely inane most of his arguments are, you would understand how those type of arguments make Christians look absolutely ridiculous. I mean come on, "why are there so many black holes if they are a singularity?" 5 seconds worth of looking in a dictionary would prevent such an embarassing statement. If lying and living in ignorance is the way to be a "good" Christian, one wonders why anyone would ever want to.

Now if AV instead of making such claims were to actually ask questions about what he doesn't know, people would probably be more understanding. I doubt anyone here expects everyone to know everything - especially since most creationists don't typically devote much time to science. Av could have easily said he didn't understand the concept of a singularity, could someone please explain it. Instead he tries to pretend he has disproven all of science based on something he doesn't even know. Which is the better alternative?

Upvote 0

TheInstant

Hooraytheist
Oct 24, 2005
✟8,738.00
Faith
Atheist
Tell me when was the last time there was a cure for a disease. polio maybe? there will never be another cure for anything. It is all about money. I do not give anyone antibiotics either, or any drugs if I can help it. This is a major debate, you wanna get into this about how messed up drugs are for you. How WRONG the FDA and its scientists are on the drug issue, and how much crow they have swallowed. Every day I am told a drug that we have been prescribing has now been proven to cause heart attacks. and several hundred side effects, with some of them being lethal.

I don't really disagree with this, but how fast the FDA pushes a drug through the system doesn't really have anything to do with the science involved. It's more of a political issue.

I say that the drugs that are approved by the FDA should have more time and testing before they hit the market. Do you agree with this statement?

The point is what they know today changes tomorrow. There are no absolutes in science.

Scientific knowledge changes with new findings, yes. This is a strength of the system, not a weakness. Do you have a better method than the scientific method for examining the natural world?

My 11 and 9 year old daughters do not understand why it is so hard for you to grasp God. She feels so sad for all of you, and is praying for you.

That's nice (really, not sarcasm).

She wanted to be a scientist, but after seeing what they are like, well lets just say I think she has changed her mind. How sad is it for an 11 year old to read here and say why are these people so mean?

Perhaps eleven is too young an age to be reading the debate section of the forum? Wherever there's debate, people tend to get a bit worked up sometimes. Especially when they are passionate about what they are discussing. How people handle themselves in a debate doesn't have anything to do with how accurate/inaccurate their position is, but I wouldn't expect a child to understand that.

All they do is try to make the good guy(avm11611vet) look bad, and he seems so nice.

I don't think anyone is just trying to make avm11611vet look bad. I agree that he seems nice, but that doesn't make him right. People are discussing things with him because they disagree with him. Sometimes people get a little rude while discussing things. What can I say? It happens.

Why do they do that dad? My answer: I dunno honey.

Why do people do the things they do? That is a tough one...at least you were honest :)

Upvote 0
T

Tenka

TWC said:
My 11 and 9 year old daughters do not understand why it is so hard for you to grasp God. She feels so sad for all of you, and is praying for you.
Its really quite simple, God isn't a tough thing to grasp but once you do it seems so obviously made up by men.
I grasp it, I just don't buy into it.
She wanted to be a scientist, but after seeing what they are like, well lets just say I think she has changed her mind.
Oh Noes!

Upvote 0

Edx

Senior Veteran
Apr 3, 2005
✟5,474.00
Faith
Atheist
You seem to think AV is the "good" guy because so many criticize his arguments, but if you understood how absolutely inane most of his arguments are, you would understand how those type of arguments make Christians look absolutely ridiculous.
*cough* Example, he said there were windows in the sky in Noahs time. *cough*

*goes to bed*

Upvote 0

TheWakeUpCaller

WHITE KNIGHT
Aug 9, 2006
USA
✟783.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I don't really disagree with this, but how fast the FDA pushes a drug through the system doesn't really have anything to do with the science involved. It's more of a political issue.

I say that the drugs that are approved by the FDA should have more time and testing before they hit the market. Do you agree with this statement?

There are many more natural cures that are safer, but will never be used because the FDA cannot patent it. One excellent example is vitamin E. If you want more I can help you with this. I was so sick of giving patients this awful meds, that I opened my own health food store and gym to help people learn. I have a strong love for mankind. Why can we not be civil and kind to one another regardless of our belief. This is what I preach and say daily. You do not have to be a christian to practice kindness.

Scientific knowledge changes with new findings, yes. This is a strength of the system, not a weakness. Do you have a better method than the scientific method for examining the natural world? how about common sense..lol Have you ever listened to the birds sing or watched a sunset? Try it please, it will help you appreciate the simple things.

That's nice (really, not sarcasm).

thank you

Perhaps eleven is too young an age to be reading the debate section of the forum? Wherever there's debate, people tend to get a bit worked up sometimes. Especially when they are passionate about what they are discussing. How people handle themselves in a debate doesn't have anything to do with how accurate/inaccurate their position is, but I wouldn't expect a child to understand that.

not for my kids, they are very inteligent.

I don't think anyone is just trying to make avm11611vet look bad. I agree that he seems nice, but that doesn't make him right. People are discussing things with him because they disagree with him. Sometimes people get a little rude while discussing things. What can I say? It happens.

You can say it does not ever have to be rude. Have you seen av1611vet ever be ugly to anyone? i have not.

Why do people do the things they do? That is a tough one...at least you were honest :)

You seem ok. No one has to be a jerk to make a point. thanks for the way you responded......michael

Upvote 0

joey444

Aug 11, 2006
✟7,995.00
Faith
Agnostic
Tell me when was the last time there was a cure for a disease. polio maybe? there will never be another cure for anything. It is all about money.

Yes, those scientists studying protein folding (Folding@Home is a great little program, simulates protein folding by using the unused power of your computer, free too.) to try and find a cure for Alzheimer's Disease, Mad Cow Disease, Cancer, Huntington's Disease and CF is all a big joke? I should uninstall Folding@Home then.

:(

I'm making lots of Sad Panda faces in this topic.

Folding@Home Results so far: http://folding.stanford.edu/results.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chalnoth

Senior Contributor
Aug 14, 2006
Italy
✟28,653.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There are many more natural cures that are safer, but will never be used because the FDA cannot patent it. One excellent example is vitamin E. If you want more I can help you with this. I was so sick of giving patients this awful meds, that I opened my own health food store and gym to help people learn. I have a strong love for mankind. Why can we not be civil and kind to one another regardless of our belief. This is what I preach and say daily. You do not have to be a christian to practice kindness.
Except you're being very, very insulting in this paragraph to those who dedicate their lives to medicine and science. It would be nice if you could practice what you preach.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Originally Posted by LightHorseman
I'd like to re-iterate that I have never called him stupid, nor attacked him. But I AM still waiting for a clear cut example of theistic creationism thats verifiable by science, and, therefore, suitable for inclusion in a science text.

I've given up on trying to answer that to your satisfaction.

You never even tried! The best you could come up with was some "angel in the alley" story!

Then I must be having a problem knowing what a singularity is. If there are black holes all over the universe, how then are they singularities?

Yep, I'd agree that you have a problem understanding what a singularoity is. No argument there, congrats on admiting it.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals

No one is stopping people from taking all the "vitamin E" they want. Whats it supposed o cure though? Seems to me if it really worked, everyone would know about it.

so... you own a health food store. Seems to me like you should declare this conflict of interest earlier on.

Any interest in funding a neutral THIRD PARTY research organisation to run tests on your complimentary cures? How many times would you try to explain contrary conclusions away as part of the big bad medical establishment conspiracy?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheWakeUpCaller

WHITE KNIGHT
Aug 9, 2006
USA
✟783.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Cervical cancer. About 6 months ago the vaccine was ready for distribution.

Next...
next huh? Is a vaccine a cure? I am gonna be nice.

The vaccine, called Gardisil and developed by Merck & Co., was approved for girls and women ages 9 and 26. It is most useful if given to younger girls, because the vaccine is INEFFECTIVE once the virus -- which is very common among sexually active people -- is already present.

The vaccine, which works by building immunity against the sexually transmitted human papillomavirus, was found to be effective in preventing almost three-quarters of all cervical cancers.

Once again is this a cure? You are so smart you must know that if your body is alkaline you cannot get cancer. You might want to check this out.
next...haha

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We've been talking about mathematical singularities the entire time. It's no one's fault but yours if you didn't know exactly what the discussion was about. But now that you do, would you like to rejoin with your new knowledge and perhaps have a better discussion?

What I would like to do is point out, once again, that the Bible is indeed a scientific book, since it is FULL of singularities (miracles).

Upvote 0

TheWakeUpCaller

WHITE KNIGHT
Aug 9, 2006
USA
✟783.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Except you're being very, very insulting in this paragraph to those who dedicate their lives to medicine and science. It would be nice if you could practice what you preach.

really, how? I am one of these people.

No one is stopping people from taking all the "vitamin E" they want. Whats it supposed o cure though? Seems to me if it really worked, everyone would know about it.

so... you own a health food store. Seems to me like you should declare this conflict of interest earlier on.

Any interest in funding a neutral THIRD PARTY research organisation to run tests on your complimentary cures? How many times would you try to explain contrary conclusions away as part of the big bad medical establishment conspiracy?

Do you know what heparin is used for medically? there was several studies done, vit e is way more effective as a blood thinner with no side effects. you may want to check out chelation therapy. By the way their are doctors who try and speak out on these things, guess what happens? I no longer own a health food store or gym, the reason I opened it was to educate people. One more thing, it is about the money with drugs. There is no money in natural alternatives...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.