If you want kids to learn creation science, show how you'd teach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caphi

Jul 23, 2005
✟16,259.00
Faith
Hindu
That eternal torment is for their benefit --- consider this:

Right now the Holy Spirit is here keeping evil at bay. Despite this fact, we've had our Neros and Stalins and Hitlers and Pol Pots, etc. People who have done unimaginable evil things to others.

Now picture Hell without the fire and brimstone: nice houses, quiet streets, beautiful gardens, lakes, and ponds. Plenty of fishing, hunting, hiking, whatever your heart's desire.

And best of all: no God - no Bible - not a Christian in sight! In fact, it's an Atheist's Paradise; with survival-of-the-fittest and natural selection a daily occurrence.

Now all of a sudden, Nero shows up, then Stalin, then Hitler, then Pol Pot. Can you even fathom how those men would turn your little paradise into a torture chamber for all eternity?

No --- God is not going to let that happen. You see, He made provisions for that --- even in Hell; because Nero and Stalin and Hitler and Pol Pot are going to be too busy with their own problems to be thinking of anyone else.

Me --- I'm taking the cool way out --- through Jesus Christ.
If Heaven is filled with closed-minded, intellectually cowardly people like you, I'd rather be in Hell. After all, it's got many, many more people, so where's the better party going to be? ;-p

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No worries... beyond the event horizon of every black hole is a singularity.

Then I must be having a problem knowing what a singularity is. If there are black holes all over the universe, how then are they singularities?

See? Repeatable observation, and compliance of observed facts with prediction, equals science.

But not singularities.

Upvote 0

shadowmage36

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu ftaghn!
Jul 31, 2006
Delaware
✟8,108.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
A-hem.

Dictionary.com said:
sin·gu·lar·i·ty)
n. pl. sin·gu·lar·i·ties
  1. The quality or condition of being singular.
  2. A trait marking one as distinct from others; a peculiarity.
  3. Something uncommon or unusual.
  4. >>>>>Astrophysics. A point in space-time at which gravitational forces cause matter to have infinite density and infinitesimal volume, and space and time to become infinitely distorted.
  5. Mathematics. A point at which the derivative does not exist for a given function but every neighborhood of which contains points for which the derivative exists. Also called singular point.

See number 4.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AV1611VET,
I have enjoyed everything you have posted. You have been called stupid and other names, but yet you never responded in kind.

Thank you very much. I've had my moments, though.

Matthew 9:24 always comes to mind whenever I start to get upset:

[bible]Matthew 9:24[/bible]

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd like to re-iterate that I have never called him stupid, nor attacked him. But I AM still waiting for a clear cut example of theistic creationism thats verifiable by science, and, therefore, suitable for inclusion in a science text.

I've given up on trying to answer that to your satisfaction.

Unless you swear to me on a stack of Bibles that you will never submit to any medical treatment ever again, then YOU sir, are a hypocrite

How so? He said he will take the Bible first - then science.

The Bible is not an amulet.

Upvote 0

Chalnoth

Senior Contributor
Aug 14, 2006
Italy
✟28,653.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Then I must be having a problem knowing what a singularity is. If there are black holes all over the universe, how then are they singularities?
A singularity in mathematics is a point where something tends towards infinity. In this case, that thing is curvature. The point at the center of a black hole is described by the curvature tending towards infinity.

An example in mathematics would be:
1/(1-x)^2

...where the function tends towards infinity as you approach x=1. This is called a singular point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Caphi

Jul 23, 2005
✟16,259.00
Faith
Hindu
Sounds like you just described where Heaven is.
Sounds like you desperately need to learn what a singularity is. It is NOT an event which happens exactly once. Rather, it is a name for a kind of mathematical anomaly. For example, the function (X^2-X)/X has a singularity at x = 0.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A singularity in mathematics is...

Rather, it is a name for a kind of mathematical anomaly.

Now, all of a sudden, I'm getting the mathematical definition of a singularity, am I?

I just checked my dictionary, and it says:

1. SINGULAR QUANTITY
  • singular, exceptional, or unusual quality
2. SOMETHING UNIQUE OR UNUSUAL
  • something that is unique, distinctive, or remarkable
3. CHARACTERISTIC
  • a distinguishing trait
4. HYPOTHETICAL POINT IN SPACE
  • Astrophysics: a hypothetical region in space in which gravitational forces cause matter to be infinitely compressed and space and time to become infinitely distorted
5. FUNCTION THAT IS NOT DIFFERENTIABLE
  • Mathematics: a point at which a complex function is undefined because it is neither differentiable nor single-valued, while the function is defined in every neighborhood of the point
  • Also called: SINGULAR POINT
THESARUS: marvel, wonder, miracle, spectacle

No, thanks, I think I'll save being embarrassed for later.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, you were talking about black holes. The singularity of a black hole is a mathematical singularity.

I was??? I don't remember bringing black holes up.

Upvote 0

Chalnoth

Senior Contributor
Aug 14, 2006
Italy
✟28,653.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I was??? I don't remember bringing black holes up.

AV1611VET said:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.