If you meet someone and you don't know whether they're Christian or not..

Born_to_try

Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
✟16,977.00
I'm not sure whether this is for this section or the singles section or something..
Mods -feel free to move it where ever necessary.

I could do with some advice.. if you meet someone when you're out somewhere (i.e supermarket) and they ask for your number, should you be giving it to them, or taking theirs if you don't know whether they're a Christian or not? (-and in this society we live in chances are they're not)

Pressumably they're interested, so how should a Christian deal with this? I suppose the whole point of meeting up for a coffee or something is to get to know the person.
So for all we know they could be Christian, and if they're not, then it's a contact with whom to share the Good News. ..So I already answered my own enquiry there.. but I guess I was just wondering how is the best way to approach this situation? I guess the answer is carefully and prayerfully. But are there any other pieces of advice to go with that?

Thanks,

In Christ,

-Hannah

Most christian guys would not come up to someone in a grocery store and ask for their number. Or at least the christian guys I would want my daughter to know would not do that.

Christian guys have the same desires and temptations non-christian guys do. Most of their desires and temptations involve females. If a guy doesn't know you at all and comes up and offers you his number it is purely because he likes how you look. It is not because he likes who you are because he doesn't have a clue who you are. So even if this guy is a christian, he approached you for the wrong reason.

You seem to be interested in finding a guy, hopefully for marriage. I hope you aren't interested in finding a guy just to have a boyfriend without any committment. If you are looking for a guy for marriage you need to look in the right places.

If you would hope to marry a christian guy who is a selfless, caring, hardworking man; then look where such a guy would hang out. Such a guy would be either in church, at some type of a ministry helping others, or using his time wisely in some way. If you did the same things and worked alongside him you would get to know him and he you.

Upvote 0

~Nikki~

aka northstar
Aug 13, 2004
England
✟12,047.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I would think that if they asked for your number (if they're interested in you) without bothering to find out whether you're a Christian first, then the chances are that they are not a Christian because MOST Christians would only want to date another believer...

If someone had asked for my number without being bothered if I was a believer or not, they would have been a complete non starter for me.

Upvote 0

Born_to_try

Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
✟16,977.00
fishstix said:
Are you in the habit of giving strangers your phone number in the first place? Remember, looks can be deceiving.

No, and generally people don't ask me for my number!
I think the guy did have a valid reason to approach me, -obviously it was based on looks -but we already had one obvious thing in common -that we both like rock music. I could tell that by his style, he could tell that by mine. I did also recognise his face from when I'd been bowling a few days earlier too. So before we spoke we had something in common. He apologised later for just approaching and asking like he did, he said he liked my style.

Knowing he's not a Christian, I only see this guy as a friend, and he hasn't suggested any further meetings so far. I'm just leaving it in God's hands.

Thanks for your advice everyone. :hug: God bless.

Upvote 0