If you had the ability to be prosperous, would you?

Would you?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
What do you mean by poor? Did other people have to take care of you? How could you contribute to the spreading of the Gospel if you were poor? Did you leave that to others to take care of?

Did you have a problem with loving money before you gave your life to Jesus? If you believe the Holy Spirit told you to give away everything there would be a reason. Do you know the reason?

The Holy Spirit told Paul he would have to suffer many things. The Lord told Abraham that He would make him very rich. Jesus told the rich young ruler to give away everything. Lydia, Salome, Johanna, and many other business women used their income to support the Gospel. God told Solomon that He would make him very rich.

Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Solomon, David, and others had more money than they needed for themselves and the Bible says they were blessed by God.

The parable of the 1, 5, and 10 talents says God said the guy with no return for Him should have at least put the money in the bank and earned interest.

Deuteronomy 28 says that there will be overflowing abundance for those who love the Lord.
Don’t give me what people in the Old Testament did, Jesus came to complete the Law, and we are under a different covenant with God. God rewarded people under the Old Law with wealth; he does not do so in the New Testament.

My meaning of being poor is that every dollar I earned had hundred places it was needed.

I raised four children and three graduated from College, and my earnings did not pay for their college. There intelligence earned them much of what was needed, and their hard work did the rest.

Being poor to me means not having any savings accounts, not owning anything of value, not have an income more that what covers ones absolute necessities, living in a rented houses, and having to buy children’s clothes at second hand stores.

There were times when we did not understand how we had been able to feed the children.

After I lost everything I needed to live in a tent with my wife, and three babies.

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
✟16,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
the WORD of GOD clearly warns us NOT to love money - but - does NOT say we should be poor

1. JESUS had a treasurer/money keeper - HE was NT - and there was so much money in the money bag the the WORD of GOD says judas helped himself to whatever was in it whenever he wanted

and at the last supper when JESUS told judas to go do what he was about to do - the other disciples thought he was going to give money to the poor as JESUS often instructed him to do that

2. lydia was a wealthy NT woman

3. joseph of arimathea was a wealthy NT believer matthew 27:57

4. 2 corinthians 8:9 says JESUS became poor so that we might become rich

5. 2 corinthians 9:11 says In every way you will be made rich for all your generosity, which is producing through us thanksgiving to God,

6. galatians 3:14 says that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith - one of the blessings of Abraham was that he was the richest man in his day

7. philippians 4:19 says And my God will supply your every need according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

8. 1 timothy 6:17 says Urge the rich in the present age not to be haughty, or to set their hope on the uncertainty of riches but on God who grants to us all things richly for our enjoyment,

9. james 1:10 tells the rich brothers to be kind to the poor brothers

10. 1 corinthians 16:2 says to save up each week from what you have prospered to prepare for paul when he comes for a collection for the poor

11. 3 john 2 says Beloved I pray that you prosper in all things and be in good health even as your soul prospers

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
the WORD of GOD clearly warns us NOT to love money - but - does NOT say we should be poor

1. JESUS had a treasurer/money keeper - HE was NT - and there was so much money in the money bag the the WORD of GOD says judas helped himself to whatever was in it whenever he wanted

and at the last supper when JESUS told judas to go do what he was about to do - the other disciples thought he was going to give money to the poor as JESUS often instructed him to do that

2. lydia was a wealthy NT woman

3. joseph of arimathea was a wealthy NT believer matthew 27:57

4. 2 corinthians 8:9 says JESUS became poor so that we might become rich

5. 2 corinthians 9:11 says In every way you will be made rich for all your generosity, which is producing through us thanksgiving to God,

6. galatians 3:14 says that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith - one of the blessings of Abraham was that he was the richest man in his day

7. philippians 4:19 says And my God will supply your every need according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

8. 1 timothy 6:17 says Urge the rich in the present age not to be haughty, or to set their hope on the uncertainty of riches but on God who grants to us all things richly for our enjoyment,

9. james 1:10 tells the rich brothers to be kind to the poor brothers

10. 1 corinthians 16:2 says to save up each week from what you have prospered to prepare for paul when he comes for a collection for the poor

11. 3 john 2 says Beloved I pray that you prosper in all things and be in good health even as your soul prospers
I have heard people quote scripture to do their best to justify having more possessions then he or she needs, for many years. Not one of those people has ever told me that they had asked Jesus if it was right for them to accumulate possessions.

People seem to always find scripture verses to contradict what Jesus said. Jesus said we were not to offer the evil person any resistance. Yet people do their best to dispute what Jesus said.

Jesus said the following and you already did a lot, I don’t know if it was your best, to dispute what I am showing you that Jesus said.

(Matthew 19:23-26) “Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?" Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

No one can be the slave of two masters: he will either hate the first and love the second, or treat the first with respect and the second with scorn, you cannot be the slave both of God and of money.”

(Matthew 6:19) “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

(Luke 12:16-20) “Then he told them a parable: ‘there was once a rich man who, having had a good harvest from his land, thought to himself, “What am I to do? I have not enough room to store my crops.” Then he said,” This is what I will do: I will pull down my barns and build bigger ones, and store all my grain and my goods in them, and I will say to my soul: My soul, you have plenty of good things laid by for many years to come; take things easy, eat, drink, have a good time”. But God said to him, “Fool! This very night the demand will be make for your soul; and this hoard of yours, whose will it be then?”

(Luke 6:30-35) “Give to everyone who asks you, and do not ask for your property back from the man who robs you. Treat others, as you would like them to treat you. If you love those who love you, what thanks can you expect? Even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what thanks can you expect? For even sinners do that much. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive what thanks can you expect? Even sinners lend to sinners to get back the same amount. Instead, love your enemies and do good, and lend without any hope of return. You will have a great reward, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he himself is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked.”

(Luke 12:33) “Sell your possessions and give alms. Get yourselves purses that do not wear out, treasure that will not fail you, in Heaven where no thief can reach it and no moth destroy it. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”

(Luke 14:33) “So in the same way, none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up all his possessions.”

(James 5:1-8) “Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming upon you. Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes. Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days. Look! The wages you failed to pay the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter. You have condemned and murdered innocent men, who were not opposing you”

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
✟16,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
many of your scriptures are talking about people who love money and are hoarders - there are people GOD has blessed with wealth and they are givers - they are the biggest givers

if you read all the scriptures you posted in context (read the verses before and after) you will see that those rich people were not like the rich people in the scriptures i posted - there are 2 kinds of rich people - givers and hoarders - there are 2 kinds of poor people - givers and hoarders

if you are a giver as a poor person think of how much you could give if you were a rich person

read the true story of richard e letourneau - he was a poor mechanic that wanted to support missions and the spreading of the GOSPEL - he had no money to offer and was grieved - he asked GOD to give him money somehow so that he could support missions

sometime later GOD gave him a vision of a huge earth moving machine that he patented and became a millionaire from - he was able to fund missions in an extreme way as an extreme giver

many souls in heaven are thanking GOD for richard e letourneau

GOD needs men like richard so that souls can be reached

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
✟16,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
many of your scriptures are talking about people who love money and are hoarders - there are people GOD has blessed with wealth and they are givers - they are the biggest givers

if you read all the scriptures you posted in context (read the verses before and after) you will see that those rich people were not like the rich people in the scriptures i posted - there are 2 kinds of rich people - givers and hoarders - there are 2 kinds of poor people - givers and hoarders

if you are a giver as a poor person think of how much you could give if you were a rich person

read the true story of richard g letourneau - "mover of men and mountains" - he was a poor mechanic that wanted to support missions and the spreading of the GOSPEL - he had no money to offer and was grieved - he asked GOD to give him money somehow so that he could support missions - R. G. LeTourneau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sometime later GOD gave him a vision of a huge earth moving machine that he patented and became a millionaire from - he was able to fund missions in an extreme way as an extreme giver

many souls in heaven will be thanking GOD for richard g letourneau

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others

read the true story of richard g letourneau - "mover of men and mountains" - he was a poor mechanic that wanted to support missions and the spreading of the GOSPEL - he had no money to offer and was grieved - he asked GOD to give him money somehow so that he could support missions - R. G. LeTourneau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

many souls in heaven will be thanking GOD for richard g letourneau

(Mark12: 43-44) “A poor widow came and put in two small coins, the equivalent of a penny. Then he called his disciples and said to them, ‘I tell you solemnly, this poor widow has put more in than all who have contributed to the treasury; for they have all put in money they had over, but she from the little she had has put in everything she possessed, all she had to live on.”

(Luke 14:33) “So in the same way, none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up all his possessions.”

You have taken man’s logic to convince yourself that being rich is righteous.

Again I ask you have you ever asked Jesus what you should believe about having possessions?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,405.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not wrong to be rich and have possessions. Someone has to fund churches, buy equipment for them, and charities, fund outreach and evangelism programmes, give money to but bigger buildings so that more people may come in to hear the Gospel - and fund and support poorer Christians and those who are led to live by faith.

Money is not evil; the love of money is. How we spend the money God entrusts to us is also important.

Upvote 0