If you had the ability to be prosperous, would you?

Would you?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did and I am!
It is a lie of the devil to suggest otherwise!

I am a tree planted by many waters.
Everything I put my hand to prospers.
God has given me all things that pertain to life and Godliness.

I really cannot help it. I sought first the kingdom of heaven and His righteousness... and suddenly all these things came flooding on me and my family... I really was not seeking them... they came anyways.

One thing I did have to do is shut up with all the denial of the Word and the Lord. I had to agree with Him and stop contradicting Him.
If you contradict the Lord and His word... what do you expect?

Upvote 0

Leimeng

Sep 25, 2004
Arizona USA
✟1,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
~ All Christians havedo have the ability to be prosperous and there is no Biblical or Logical reason the vast majority (if not all) Christians should not be prosperous.
~ Continue to discuss amongst yourselves...

Peace,

Leimeng

Flatulo Ergo Sum ~~~

(***Insert Personal One Liner Here***)

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"If you had the opportunity to become prosperous in a legal, moral and honest way, would you do it?"

In 1962, I "commited my way unto the Lord, and believed also in HIM to bring it to pass".

In 2012, I'm getting ready to depart (could be this evening, could be in 2022. Heart disease is the gift that goes on taking).

In 1962 before I was saved I was a high shool dropout, had nothing, and was broken and suicidal.

In 2012, I'm still a "High School dropout" who's also the Chief Engineer for my present employer, and have been either a Cheif Engineer, or Manager of Engineering for the last 30 years. I have a good house, a 48 year marriage to the same gal, a good family 9 grand kids, several cars, and a GOOD income which has risen each year, even though I took some pay cuts in the recent past.

Bottom line, I AM "Prosperous" - And I don't mind that at all.

And all without giving the first thought to "Prosperity Teachings", or Hollywood-style "Word of Faith Teachings" from the "Big names" who supposedly know something about that.

I am what I am because God has had me in the right place at the right time consistently for the last 50 years.

Simple as that. If it's HIS pleasure to make me PROSPEROUS, then good. And HE is the source of it, and I just do what He points me at.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,405.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't need an ability to be prosperous, the night Jesus came into my life the joy and prosperity I experienced was unbeatable. Nothing compares. All the stuff in the world is but trash in comparison.

:thumbsup:

:amen::clap:

I am prosperous; I have every spiritual blessing in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course.

I'd be able to help out my kids and my mom, and I would stop worrying about money all the time. Where do I sign up?

Is it possible that God might have a way to prosper you, and you might have missed it?

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"If you had the opportunity to become prosperous in a legal, moral and honest way, would you do it?"

In 1962, I "commited my way unto the Lord, and believed also in HIM to bring it to pass".

In 2012, I'm getting ready to depart (could be this evening, could be in 2022. Heart disease is the gift that goes on taking).

In 1962 before I was saved I was a high shool dropout, had nothing, and was broken and suicidal.

In 2012, I'm still a "High School dropout" who's also the Chief Engineer for my present employer, and have been either a Cheif Engineer, or Manager of Engineering for the last 30 years. I have a good house, a 48 year marriage to the same gal, a good family 9 grand kids, several cars, and a GOOD income which has risen each year, even though I took some pay cuts in the recent past.

Bottom line, I AM "Prosperous" - And I don't mind that at all.

And all without giving the first thought to "Prosperity Teachings", or Hollywood-style "Word of Faith Teachings" from the "Big names" who supposedly know something about that.

I am what I am because God has had me in the right place at the right time consistently for the last 50 years.

Simple as that. If it's HIS pleasure to make me PROSPEROUS, then good. And HE is the source of it, and I just do what He points me at.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it possible that God might have a way to prosper you, and you might have missed it?
I'm assuming here we're talking about physical prosperity. Of course anything's possible, but I'm a lowly computer programmer. Always was, always will be. I have no wealthy relatives from which to inherit a windfall. I don't play the lottery. I'm making less money now than I was 15 years ago. I can't imagine any scenario where I could be physically prosperous.

I have enough to be comfortable, but nothing more.

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you had the opportunity to become prosperous in a legal, moral and honest way.

Would you do it?

Why or why not?

Try not to bash anyone. This is about a concept, not a people group.
It depends on the how that prosperity is achieved.

I turned down the opportunity to be a multi-millionaire. All I had to do was marry a widowed old friend but she had fallen into major error in her life. I was offered CEOship of her dead husband's company and several million in assets. It had been my advice to her and her husband on how to start the business. All I had to do was relocate across country and marry her. When I found out she had had an affair with my son and then offered her own daughters to me sexually, I put her out of my life.

Would it have been immoral to marry a widow? No but I wasn't about to marry a women that tried to use bribery and seduction to get what she wanted from men. There was too high a price to go with that prosperity. Now could I have rooted out her error after marriage? Yes, most likely. I had been her counselor for both pre-marital and post-marital counseling many years before. I was also the biological father for her first son as a surrogate father. She had had an affair with her own son's half-brother after her husband had died. She was best friends with the mother of my 1st son and had been like an aunt to him all his life. When she offered me the ability to have affairs with her teenage daughters, and a polygamist relationship with her and my 1st son's mother, I exploded and haven't spoken to her since. She then married her dead husband's younger brother who had been the surrogate father for her 3 other children. Her 1st husband had been sterile.

It would not have been immoral to marry her but I wasn't going to put up with a wife that would try to lead me into sexual error to make up for her own error. Had she repented of her error instead, it may have had a much different outcome but she had bragged about it as a basis to show how much love she had always carried for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
materially humanly I would have wanted that at one time in my life but my own inclinations arent necessarily good for me spiritually. Theres that verse in the Bible where there's a prayer that says to God

"please give me enough so that i dont have to steal to eat and so dishonor you God, and not too much that I dont need you and so forget you God" - my paraphrase

and I guess that verse when i first read it struck such a chord in me that it's how i tend to look at things now.

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
materially humanly I would have wanted that at one time in my life but my own inclinations arent necessarily good for me spiritually. Theres that verse in the Bible where there's a prayer that says to God

"please give me enough so that i dont have to steal to eat and so dishonor you God, and not too much that I dont need you and so forget you God" - my paraphrase

and I guess that verse when i first read it struck such a chord in me that it's how i tend to look at things now.

I agree. Prosperity isn't measured by your bank account. It is in having your needs met, not our lusts.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
If you had the opportunity to become prosperous in a legal, moral and honest way.

Would you do it?

Why or why not?

Try not to bash anyone. This is about a concept, not a people group.
I was prosperous and after Jesus asked me to give him my life and I was about to do so, the Holy Spirit told me that I would lose everything I owned if I gave my life to Jesus.

I not only lost every thing I owned, but my honest way of making a living also.

I stayed poor the next forty years and learned to trust Jesus for every thing.

There is no way one can live the whole Word of God, and have more possessions then is needed to live on.

Jesus told us not to store up for our future. Jesus told us we could not be disciples of his unless we gave up all our possessions.

Jesus told us not give anyone anything and expect more in return.

Usury, which is interest on money, is an evil/sin.

So these Words tell us we can’t store money and expect to receive interest on the money, because it is usury.

We also can’t invest our money and expect more in return, because Jesus told us not to that.

We are told to love, and if one has more possessions than needed, and sees others who are in need, it is not love to keep one’s possessions for one’s self, that are not needed.

Now don’t take my word for what I just shared. Ask Jesus what he would have you do.

I asked Jesus and he told me how he wanted me to live.

Upvote 0
Sep 2, 2012
✟15,574.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I was prosperous and after Jesus asked me to give him my life and I was about to do so, the Holy Spirit told me that I would lose everything I owned if I gave my life to Jesus.

I not only lost every thing I owned, but my honest way of making a living also.

I stayed poor the next forty years and learned to trust Jesus for every thing.

There is no way one can live the whole Word of God, and have more possessions then is needed to live on.

Jesus told us not to store up for our future. Jesus told us we could not be disciples of his unless we gave up all our possessions.

Jesus told us not give anyone anything and expect more in return.

Usury, which is interest on money, is an evil/sin.

So these Words tell us we can’t store money and expect to receive interest on the money, because it is usury.

We also can’t invest our money and expect more in return, because Jesus told us not to that.

We are told to love, and if one has more possessions than needed, and sees others who are in need, it is not love to keep one’s possessions for one’s self, that are not needed.

Now don’t take my word for what I just shared. Ask Jesus what he would have you do.

I asked Jesus and he told me how he wanted me to live.
What do you mean by poor? Did other people have to take care of you? How could you contribute to the spreading of the Gospel if you were poor? Did you leave that to others to take care of?

Did you have a problem with loving money before you gave your life to Jesus? If you believe the Holy Spirit told you to give away everything there would be a reason. Do you know the reason?

The Holy Spirit told Paul he would have to suffer many things. The Lord told Abraham that He would make him very rich. Jesus told the rich young ruler to give away everything. Lydia, Salome, Johanna, and many other business women used their income to support the Gospel. God told Solomon that He would make him very rich.

Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Solomon, David, and others had more money than they needed for themselves and the Bible says they were blessed by God.

The parable of the 1, 5, and 10 talents says God said the guy with no return for Him should have at least put the money in the bank and earned interest.

Deuteronomy 28 says that there will be overflowing abundance for those who love the Lord.

Upvote 0