If there was no death (of animals) before the Fall, then why would animals need to eat?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps you should read your own posts before accusing others of misquoting them. You know how, when you hit "Reply", it automatically quotes the post? That's how I know I didn't misquote you.

no further questions.

SkyWriting said:
If animals or man never died, then there would be no need for food.
No food provided....animals and man still living before the Fall.

If food is needed, then it's because animals and man were physically going to die.
If water is provided, it's because man and animals needed water to live.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Something like this. Something was not clear for you. I figured that out instantly. If you had any further questions, I would have answered them. But you asked no further questions.
Meh. It's all there in black and white. Making excuses and blaming others for your own failings is graceless.

No food provided....animals and man still living before the Fall.
Perhaps you don't understand that Genesis 2:16 is before the Fall?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,789.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If you misquote me then you will bop your head with a hammer all day long.
Yet the dialogue will not improve. You don't quote, you don't link...you just bop.
Maybe go to the original post just before hammer time.
Your post was ambiguous. If @Bungle_Bear misinterpreted it, that is down to your incompetence as a writer, not his incompetence as a reader.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That hardly alters the ambiguity. If you don't want to be called on problematic posts, don't write problematic posts. Just a thought for the New Year.
There would be no need for food if animals and man never die.

And animals do die by accident......unless God stopped all
accidental deaths with a big hand or something.

the%20hand%20of%20God.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Yet you misquoted me. So I had no defense against that.
I did not misquote you. I think you are probably referring to the paraphrase I used to represent the interaction we had had up to that point? Perhaps you should have pointed out how you thought it was a misrepresentation of our interaction rather than throwing out baseless accusations.

I also quoted word for word, again, one of the problematic phrases you used, but you have ignored that part of my post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If food is needed, then it's because animals and man were physically going to die.
If water is provided, it's because man and animals needed water to live.
So there was physical death before the Fall of man.
If there was not, food and water would be unnecessary.

There were different conversations in this, not involved with one another. One is in regard to what was going on in the Ediacaran world according to the perspective with evolution. The other, uninvolved with that, was the Biblical account.

That there were photosynthesizing organisms that creatures would eat which I had said was necessarily the case, creatures could not all be carnivorous and eating each other, there would be no animals that way. Animals all being herbivorous could all exist.

In the Bible account, God made food for animals and it included what there was for people, and it was all from photosynthesizing organisms, plants in this case. And by the way any green algae, that could be for food, are plants. It was this way without sin being in the world, and there was no death, then. If any refused that design, that would be sin, and then death would come. There would be no death with everything according to the perfect design.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,059.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
There were different conversations in this, not involved with one another. One is in regard to what was going on in the Ediacaran world according to the perspective with evolution. The other, uninvolved with that, was the Biblical account.

That there were photosynthesizing organisms that creatures would eat which I had said was necessarily the case, creatures could not all be carnivorous and eating each other, there would be no animals that way. Animals all being herbivorous could all exist.
Herbivorous deep sea fish. Right.

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Whales eating carrots
Whales, as I understand it, mostly eat Krill. But Krill don't have the Breath of Life like whales do, so they're not really animals like whales are so it's OK to eat them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Then the bible is wrong... again
Well, not exactly--it's just a question of definition which keeps the "no death or carnivores before The Fall" hole from getting too deep. Very clever, I'd say.

Upvote 0