If Jesus isn't God...

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you believe Jesus our Messiah isn't also God, but rather just a human, then explain why He had to be conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of a Virgin? Why was He to be called "Immanuel" meaning "God with us?"

Hi Soulx3. Welcome to CF!

On this question you've posted, I don't think you'll get much feedback since your thread is in a Christians only section of the Forums and those who wish to respond here have to affirm the Nicene Creed.

• Agree
Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you believe Jesus our Messiah isn't also God, but rather just a human, then explain why He had to be conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of a Virgin? Why was He to be called "Immanuel" meaning "God with us?"
If he was conceived of the person called Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, then why isn’t the Holy Spirit called his Father?

Some suggest that the Holy Spirit is the creative energy of the Father and not another person besides the Father.

Upvote 0

Soulx3

Feb 22, 2024
PNW
✟3,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi Soulx3. Welcome to CF!

On this question you've posted, I don't think you'll get much feedback since your thread is in a Christians only section of the Forums and those who wish to respond here have to affirm the Nicene Creed.

Thank you!

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Soulx3

Feb 22, 2024
PNW
✟3,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If he was conceived of the person called Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, then why isn’t the Holy Spirit called his Father?

Some suggest that the Holy Spirit is the creative energy of the Father and not another person besides the Father.

Divinity is always present and united to the Christ, Who is God like the Father. On the Earth as in Heaven the Father is in the Son and the Son is in the Father, They love each other, and by loving each other They generate the Third Person. The power of the Father is the generation of the Son and the act of generating and being generated creates the Fire, that is, the Spirit of the Spirit of God. The Power turns to the Wisdom Whom It generated and Who turns to the Power in the joy of being One for the Other and of knowing each other for what They are. And since all good reciprocal knowledge creates love - even our imperfect knowledge does - there is the Holy Spirit... There is the One Who, if it were possible to add perfections to divine perfections, ought to be called the Perfection of Perfection. The Holy Spirit!

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is singular, ( one Lord one faith one baptism) and has one name above all other, we should believe, and be baptized in/on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another as it is the the love of God shed forth to us by the Holy Ghost given us.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This parable shows how servants worship the Lord, but do not believe in righteousness, ( to believe in your heart unto righteousness is to believe Jesus Christ rose from the dead. Romans 10:9-10 )...

Matthew 18:26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Israel has Gods word for understanding that before the Lord God there is nothing, and nothing after God formed.

God says to Israel, " I am He." But that phrase, and all words testified to Israel have done no good, as God also told how He had chosen them to know and believe, but Israel never knew, never believed.

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.
12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God.
13 Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

Israel and the worlds error right now is to trust in the lying spirit, the many false prophets, which is all who dare to speak on this forum, and who do not acknowledge a single thing of what we are all equally testified by Gods words ALONE. ( we do not need their tongue of deceit)

Below is Jesus testifying for us all, He came to us in the Fathers name, but answered how if any other ( a deceiver) comes in their own name, the people receive that one instead.

Why would anyone also on this forum believe the ones who speak in their own name, and receive their words instead of believe in the testimony of Jesus Christ and be saved from the devils spirit instead ?

The Jews had it testified, they cant believe in Jesus as they cant believe in their own Moses, who also accuses them to the Father.

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.
47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Jesus again shows how the Father honours Him and not honouring Himself, ( this is the mystery of God) and how the Son knows Him and keeps HIs saying.

We heard the scripture of no God formed after the Lord God, which tells us that the Son of God was always with the Father, and how we know God in the face/person of Jesus Christ.

John 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soulx3

Feb 22, 2024
PNW
✟3,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Also, why didn't he rebuke the crowds when they worshipped him and why did he use the sacred phrase "I AM"?

Right, even the Pharisees understood Jesus called Himself God, because they told him He will be stoned for "blasphemy" by "making yourself God," but Jesus didn't deny it because He is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom8907
Upvote 0

Soulx3

Feb 22, 2024
PNW
✟3,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
God is singular, ( one Lord one faith one baptism) and has one name above all other, we should believe, and be baptized in/on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another as it is the the love of God shed forth to us by the Holy Ghost given us.

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are singular. Our Triune God.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ came by water and blood ( the antichrist denies Jesus Christ has come in the flesh) not by water only but by water and blood. ( the antichrist spirit denies Jesus Christ has come in the flesh)

Three bear record in heaven, which are not triune, they are the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost, which are one.

In earth the Spirit bears witness, and the water and the blood. ( Jesus Christ came in the flesh which the antichrist denies and does not confess) and those three agree in one. ( Jesus Christ in earth is the Spirit, is the water, and is the blood and is ONE, can hardly be shown to be triune.)

1 John 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Upvote 0