If I have the Respect of every Creature, I have the respect of Evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi there,

So I am just wondering: if I have the Respect of every Creature, I have the respect of Evolution?

Nothing is missing?

What would help me tell, if one thing or another was going to help?

Thanks,
G
(Mark 8:36)

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and/or/but lose his own soul?"

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Good word!

Is it true of Evolution, though?

Hmmm...
Either way, "what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and/or/but lose his own soul?", etc...?

Or if he (or she) gains the whole world, can he still keep and not sell (out) his (or her) soul, etc...?

But is this reason to not to try and win the whole world, especially for Christ, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,526.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Hi there,

So I am just wondering: if I have the Respect of every Creature, I have the respect of Evolution?

Nothing is missing?

What would help me tell, if one thing or another was going to help?

Thanks,
G
No.

Evolution isn't a thing, it's a process. It doesn't have respect, or any other emotional reactions.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
No.

Evolution isn't a thing, it's a process. It doesn't have respect, or any other emotional reactions.

I completely agree, but only the God of it does, etc...

God Bless!

Evolution (or life) is a process (or program) created and/or designed and/or made by a thing or a being that has feelings and/or emotions, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,526.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Evolution is a process (or program) created and/or designed and/or made by a thing or a being that has feelings and/or emotions, etc...

God Bless!
In that belief system you could say the same thing about every detail in the universe. Every process, event, creature and coincidence is created and/or designed and/or made by a thing or a being that has feelings and/or emotions.

It might be pleasing to remember and exclaim "God made that!" about a particular thing, but the story goes that he made everything, so it doesn't really tell you much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
No.

That's not fair.

All you evolutionists ever talk about is the effect it has on nature.

If I have the respect of that nature, through it's creatures, who are you to say "I don't like the idea of Evolution, you think you have"?

I mean isn't the point that it confers some kind of fitness, for believing in it??

A thing isn't a thing, its a concept???

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In that belief system you could say the same thing about every detail in the universe. Every process, event, creature and coincidence is created and/or designed and/or made by a thing or a being that has feelings and/or emotions.

It might be pleasing to remember and exclaim "God made that!" about a particular thing, but the story goes that he made everything, so it doesn't really tell you much.
Except for the fact that that is exactly what I believe, etc...

Made everything down to it's very smallest and largest detail, knows and fully knew everything down it's very smallest and largest detail (and everything in-between) and knows/knew all of it, from before ever even making any of it or setting it all in motion, etc...

That it is all just like a "program" etc... That He (God) made, designed, fully knew, etc, from before ever making it, etc, down it's smallest and largest detail, and everything in-between, etc, etc, etc, from before ever making it or even thinking of it, etc, let alone setting it all in motion, etc, and knows all of that, and everything in-between, etc, down it's all very, very ending of it, or all of it, or any of it, etc, and everything in-between, etc, etc, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That's not fair.

If I have the respect of that nature, through it's creatures, who are you to say "I don't like the idea of Evolution, you think you have"?

I mean isn't the point that it confers some kind of fitness, for believing in it??

It is, and was, and always will be, a thought or idea or "concept" (or program), etc, in the mind of God, etc...

So is it a "thing", IDK...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,526.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
That's not fair.

Belief in evolution is completely irrelevant to evolution. I don't think it confers any kind of fitness because it isn't a genetic trait.

The only life with any knowledge or beliefs about evolution are humans, and that's historically very recent.

All life evolves, very little life has beliefs.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
No.

Actually, I worked out the clear way to rebuke this statement:

Nature is Evolution's foundation (its what Darwin studied in order to come up with the theory) and a foundation is a thing - a foundation is not a process!

You are basically saying "I am taking the wind for a foundation" that makes no sense!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,526.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens

Nature is Evolution's foundation (its what Darwin studied in order to come up with the theory) and a foundation is a thing - a foundation is not a process!

You are basically saying "I am taking the wind for a foundation" that makes no sense!
I'll accept that the study of nature led to Darwin describing the theory of evolution. And nature in some contexts could be said to be all of life, and all of life is affected by the process of evolution.

But a foundation isn't necessarily a thing, and even if it is, if a process has a foundation the process is not necessarily it's foundation.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
No. Well... NO!
That's not the point. You have been told again and again and again what Evolution is... and you never listen.

Gottservant, I understand that you have issues... but perhaps you might want to consider that you should better be dealing with these, than with the non-sensical ideas that you post here.

Asking questions about "Evolution" that have absolutely nothing to do with the concept of "Evolution" will not get you anywhere. You will never find good answers if you keep asking the wrong questions.

You seem to be a person with a huge inherent curiosity. Please use it once in a while to learn something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist

That's true; nature is the foundation or substrate in which the process of evolution proceeds, just as it is the foundation or substrate in which the process of erosion proceeds, and all the other processes in nature.

It doesn't 'rebuke' the idea of evolution as a process at all - it enables it.

• Agree
Reactions: Bungle_Bear
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.