If I Evolved From Slime, Why Can't I Remember What I Ate For Breakfast This Morning?

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
to reconcile the word of God with mans whimsical evolutionary model is bizarre to say the least,
If you opt for irrational faith over logical conclusions derived from observed evidence, then you are more foolish than I thought. Again, you automatically assume that your religious texts are of any importance without demonstrating as such.
ignorance of scripture is a great misfortune,
Whoever said we were ignorant? I'd wager that I know more truth in your texts than you do yourself.
Divinely revealed truths must be approached with reverence and a contrite heart, not with mere idle curiosity and academic coldness
Why? There is nothing to suppose that your beliefs and sacred texts are anything more than tribal myths from the Middle-East, and nothing more than the myriad of other religious beliefs and sacred texts.
yes, what is it then that God created in the beginning,
Neither your god nor any other created anything at the dawn of time. Oh, look at that, my statement has just as much evidence as yours, and it is even backed by the principle of the null hypothesis! Game over.

If God is added to the equation, it becomes acceptable to Christians, this is naive in the extreme,
Indeed. The Hebrew god is not even needed to explain the origin of life. If the faithful need to reconcile thier beliefs with science using the god of the gaps, then so be it. But the evidence is unchangable, and these models are more supported than all but the most fundamental of theories.
I cant apologise for the word of God ,
I am not offended by your texts, I am offended by your assumptions and prejudices.
many modern scholars read scripture with a cold academic spirit, they do not wish to save their souls,
Should they? I see no reason to appeal to middle-eastern myths and stick-and-carrot techniques, do you?

they only want to prove what great scholars they are, what new ideas they can come up with, they want to make a name for themselves
If that is what you truely believe, then I will pray for you.

Such a view is not uncommon shared with many of the most profound thinkers of recent times such as Dobzhansky,Teilhard de Chardin et al;but profoundly incompatible with the exalted works of the Church Fathers; more rigorous thinking is required before reading ones private opinions and passions into the sacred text.Scripture contains truth, if we doubt or criticise it, there is no benefit to be gained other than to remain in harmony with the wise men who quite innocently beleive they know more than revelation. "I thank thee O Father..that thou hast hidden these things from the wise and prudent and hast revealed them unto babes" Luke 10:21

Amidst this rambling, I take note and heart that you have done nothing to dismiss the point; if anything, you counterproductively support all the various interpritations of the Bible!

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian
A few facts for you Evos.

1. You claim I evolved from slime.
2. I don't remember what I ate for breakfast this morning.
3. According to Evolution, I should remember what I ate for breakfast, since survival and eating are two different things.

Therefore, I conclude that evolution is the Big Lie.

Thank you.
If we evolved from slime why is there still slime???:confused:

Upvote 0

jamie4418

Aug 4, 2006
✟8,107.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would propose that not only can man not create, but that no event of creation can be credibly proposed. Creation requires adding to what exists. When has man ever done this?

Here is a simple definition of create.
http://www.answers.com/create&r=67

Whatever word you want to use, the fact is that humans can create countless things - computers, semiconductors, stereos, furniture, houses, corporations, etc., etc., etc., etc.,. One could literally sit here for years listing the things humans can create (or make, or manufacture, or construct, or build)

What can animals create (or make, or manufacture, or construct, or build)?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
What can animals create (or make, or manufacture, or construct, or build)?
I apologise for pandering to such a moot point, but:

Termites can build termite mounds, complete with farms, foundations, a 'throne room' (for the king(s) & queen(s), obviously), chimneys, ventilation shafts, etc)

Spider webs.

Even our taxonomical relatives can create simple tools to aid in foraging.

Upvote 0

ranmaonehalf

Nov 5, 2006
✟9,473.00
Faith
Atheist
A few facts for you Evos.

1. You claim I evolved from slime.
2. I don't remember what I ate for breakfast this morning.
3. According to Evolution, I should remember what I ate for breakfast, since survival and eating are two different things.

Therefore, I conclude that evolution is the Big Lie.

Thank you.

gottservant is that you?

1. no we dont.
2. me either , your point.
3. nope, it doesnt say that.

Upvote 0

ranmaonehalf

Nov 5, 2006
✟9,473.00
Faith
Atheist
This thread is a parody of the thread "Survival is a conscious choice, but if I have evolved why don't I remember it?"

You have fallen victim to Poe's Law, which states that it is impossible to tell the difference between a real Creationist and a parody of one.

Here are some reps for you in any case :)

see thats why i asked if you were gottservant..

give me some reps... ;)

Reactions: Split Rock
Upvote 0

ranmaonehalf

Nov 5, 2006
✟9,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Where in your family history do you trace your ancestory down to an ape? Can anyone do this? In fact, humanity can be only historically traced to other humans. The hominid thing is all a hoax like Bigfoot. You got to know this by now.

Fair question, so how far back can you personally trace your history? does your family history cease to exists even if you are ignorant of it?

I also have a very important point to share with you on the subject of breeding and human population. I saw a few shows that exclaimed that Mexico was populated in 8000B.C. In fact, there were nations from all over the world that were dated at this point in time. But lets just put our focus on the dating of Mexican population. If Mexicans have been farming since 8000 B.C. there should have been a population problem so big that the entire world be over crowed with Mexicans with no standing room left!
Hmm.. You should realy stop using hovind as a source of info. Up untill recently populations did not grow that much. It wasnt untill mordern living where we have ways to increase our chances of living that populations began to grow.

Wars and plagues all included here, there is not a large enough population or enough dead found to support the evolutionary dating of the nations.
Evo dating of the nations??what the truck??
It's all based on wild speculations.
such as?? evidence?
Large enough population??? enough dead found?
It sounds like to me that your theone doing a poe or wild and poorly supported speculation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
If God made Eve from a rib, why do I like barbecued ribs so much?
I have no problem with pig ribs, cow ribs, or verbal ribs, as long as I don't have to deal with human ribs, particularly the more attractive and perplexing variety.

Upvote 0

jamie4418

Aug 4, 2006
✟8,107.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I apologise for pandering to such a moot point, but:

Termites can build termite mounds, complete with farms, foundations, a 'throne room' (for the king(s) & queen(s), obviously), chimneys, ventilation shafts, etc)

Spider webs.

Even our taxonomical relatives can create simple tools to aid in foraging.

All of those "things" have to do with termites' habitat.

Can animals make anything technologically advananced as say an automobile or computer?

Upvote 0