Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
i dunno if it was a good idea to see the Christian counselor. It made things worse. My mind is weak. I cant control my thoughts it seems. I think i might have to go to my mom,. She cries real bad when i go to her, it hurts her so bad

Upvote 0

Braydeno

Jan 24, 2017
bc, canada
✟15,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i dunno if it was a good idea to see the Christian counselor. It made things worse. My mind is weak. I cant control my thoughts it seems. I think i might have to go to my mom,. She cries real bad when i go to her, it hurts her so bad
Give your life to Jesus, and repent to him by turning away from your sins. give your will to our holy father, and do only his will and not yours, do the first thing that comes to mind that seems like his will.. It may seem hard but, if you try it, it'll grab his attention right away, don't get discouraged.. and your body,.. glorify it for him, do good deeds for his sake, do all that and I'm very sure he'll hear your cries for help especially if he sees you doing his will instead of yours, it worked for me :), trust me. just try it, try it before letting despair take over, show him your desperate! He's a merciful god, and will hear you.

read the whole mathew gospel, and believe Jesus died for your sins. if your having trouble believing, make sure your doing gods will, denying the flesh, while reading the gospel all at the same time, before giving up. I'm very sure he'll help you believe. He did for me.

ask yourself,.. do you have anything to live for?(I know I don't xD I'm just a pothead still on his way to quitting) if you don't, then it'll give you more reason to live for god instead of living for yourself. I'm up for talking if you want, though there are a lot of people on here more experience than I am.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Okay guys its getting bad. My mind keeps telling me there is no hope for me. I just vomited at work. I feel so low and down, i dunno how i am going to manage. I may need someone to talk to.
Hi,
do not panic. This is the voice of Satan in your head, whispering negatively.
Ignore him. Pray to Lord Jesus, simply and sincerely. Ask Him to protect and guide you, strengthen you. Accept Him alone as your saviour. I promise you will be amazed at the way your life will change. Very important to pray specifically for what you need. God will provide all that you need, all goodness and love comes from God. You already know this. Xx

• Prayers
Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Every robot, every piece of technology, was designed.
true. and therefore human (that is far more complex and have the same living traits like self replication and organic components) also need a designer.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a sufferer of major depression. I also have anxiety and panic on top of that. I just got through seeing a counselor from a church. He said I need the Holy Spirit to help me with my pain and depression. I tried my best to believe and I told him I was an agnostic that prayed. I said i kind of believe, but a big part of me doesn't. I have suffered believing since my college years. I am 30 now. I went out of the meeting almost feeling worse than before, because now I am reliving my intense days of doubting and unbelief, and now thinking i can never get real true help unless i can believe in God. So i feel worse now,having major depression and now battling my old battles of unbelief, both of which are almost unbearable. The other night i had the worst dream i ever had. All i did was toss and turn, in my dream i was severely pained by my inability to believe. Like a trapped feeling, hard to explain, but it was agonizing. They say the separation of God is hell, or something rather, well that is the life i live. A man who is aware of his separation from God. It is very painful.

Please if you are reading this, do no misinterpret me. I am not a Bible bashing atheist agnostic or what have you. I grew up in private baptist schools all my life up until college, which is the place that changed feelings about God. I just feel hopeless now. Thanks for reading.
Ironically, you are in the very position to receive in a manner that your soul finds as an impossibility.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
true. and therefore human (that is far more complex and have the same living traits like self replication and organic components) also need a designer.
Should we put so much emphasis and importance on the body that we are supposed to forsake? Should the forsaken be the starting point of true belief?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
do not panic. This is the voice of Satan in your head, whispering negatively.
Ignore him. Pray to Lord Jesus, simply and sincerely. Ask Him to protect and guide you, strengthen you. Accept Him alone as your saviour. I promise you will be amazed at the way your life will change. Very important to pray specifically for what you need. God will provide all that you need, all goodness and love comes from God. You already know this. Xx
Yes it is panic. I used to suffer from depression in 2013 and 2009, and now in 2017. Every 4 years it seem. But this time around i have anxiety and panic making it worse. I was able to vomit yesterday and somehow get it together, i ended up leaving work and went straight to my mom, I didnt tell her what happened, i just felt better being around her, i am big mamas boy.

Ironically, you are in the very position to receive in a manner that your soul finds as an impossibility.
I find validity in your statement, my body mind and spirit are vulnerable. Desperate

Give your life to Jesus, and repent to him by turning away from your sins. give your will to our holy father, and do only his will and not yours, do the first thing that comes to mind that seems like his will.. It may seem hard but, if you try it, it'll grab his attention right away, don't get discouraged.. and your body,.. glorify it for him, do good deeds for his sake, do all that and I'm very sure he'll hear your cries for help especially if he sees you doing his will instead of yours, it worked for me :), trust me. just try it, try it before letting despair take over, show him your desperate! He's a merciful god, and will hear you.

read the whole mathew gospel, and believe Jesus died for your sins. if your having trouble believing, make sure your doing gods will, denying the flesh, while reading the gospel all at the same time, before giving up. I'm very sure he'll help you believe. He did for me.

ask yourself,.. do you have anything to live for?(I know I don't xD I'm just a pothead still on his way to quitting) if you don't, then it'll give you more reason to live for god instead of living for yourself. I'm up for talking if you want, though there are a lot of people on here more experience than I am.
Although i am in no position to give advice, i am probably the most empathetic person you will meet. The one and only good thing from suffering. So please do not feel this way. I told my cousin once if you have one person just one that loves you, life is worth living. I need to listen to my own advice at the moment. You can message me directly if you like or if want someone to talk to let me know in my direct message.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Desolation is the remedy, or light is called out of darkness.

Repentance, or the forsaking of your soul is to the coming into of something ... in you, which without, becomes a job half finished.

In the bible, one picture of this is a woman who labors to give birth to a son (a son who is accepted) ... which in the end, is the son you are.

The process (of time) as it relates to our soul) is like wandering around in a wilderness (which is to say, your mind) until you come out of it, by the forsaking of it; which is Jesus's lose your soul to find it.

The darker the night, the greater the light.

Upvote 0

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Desolation is the remedy, or light is called out of darkness.

Repentance, or the forsaking of your soul is to the coming into of something ... in you, which without, becomes a job half finished.

In the bible, one picture of this is a woman who labors to give birth to a son (a son who is accepted) ... which in the end, is the son you are.

The process (of time) as it relates to our soul) is like wandering around in a wilderness (which is to say, your mind) until you come out of it, by the forsaking of it; which is Jesus's lose your soul to find it.

The darker the night, the greater the light.

This is comforting to hear this. I hope and pray that God, the light, pulls me from this place. Thank you for this. This is the reason why i came to this website after so many years being away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi,
yes indeed. When a person reaches the end limits of their own strength, that is the moment to turn to Jesus. With humility and an open heart. Amazing things will happen. No need gto struggle on your own.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Should we put so much emphasis and importance on the body that we are supposed to forsake? Should the forsaken be the starting point of true belief?
i doesnt undenrstand. im refer to the fact that something complex like a self repliciating robot (with dna, like a living creature)need a designer. therefore a creature need a designer too.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
any depression sufferers have any tips. It is hitting me hard right now. I got through having lunch with a couple friends from work thinking it would take it away and i still feel the bad gut feeling while i was with them. And then one of them was talking about a guy he knew that commit suicide and it made me feel super bad. Please pray for me i feel sick right now

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
any depression sufferers have any tips. It is hitting me hard right now. I got through having lunch with a couple friends from work thinking it would take it away and i still feel the bad gut feeling while i was with them. And then one of them was talking about a guy he knew that commit suicide and it made me feel super bad. Please pray for me i feel sick right now
Hi,
do not listen to the negative voices in your head. Pray to our Lord Jesus Christ for strength and to take away the depression. Then trust it will happen. Get a good sleep, get up early,make lists of things you need to do and get moving. Put yourself and your home in tidy order. Be active, busy and focussed. Talk to and listen to others. Help others, stop focussing on yourself. Also, if you don't attend a church, find one and go.

All these are things I did after being bereaved. I did not give in to depression or self pity. I never felt suicidal. Life is a precious gift from God, value it. Pray day and night as you get busy doing good things. I guarantee you will be transformed, ask and you will receive all you need from Jesus, because He loves you. Xx

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am a sufferer of major depression. I also have anxiety and panic on top of that. I just got through seeing a counselor from a church. He said I need the Holy Spirit to help me with my pain and depression. I tried my best to believe and I told him I was an agnostic that prayed. I said i kind of believe, but a big part of me doesn't.

Well, the Bible is clear that God made you for His purposes and when you aren't living within those purposes and in fellowship with your Maker, darkness of the kind you're struggling with is the result. The "peace that passes all understanding" is God Himself; if you have turned from Him, then you cannot have the peace only He can give.

I have suffered believing since my college years. I am 30 now. I went out of the meeting almost feeling worse than before, because now I am reliving my intense days of doubting and unbelief, and now thinking i can never get real true help unless i can believe in God.

Oh, you can probably find a way of coping with your problems and perhaps even discover a means of living in a constructive and pleasant way without God. But the deepest, richest fulfillment in life will never be yours without Him. And a life lived without God ends in the worst possible way: eternal isolation, darkness and torment.

You're right, though: Real, true help is found in God, not therapists, drugs, and positive self-talk.

All i did was toss and turn, in my dream i was severely pained by my inability to believe. Like a trapped feeling, hard to explain, but it was agonizing. They say the separation of God is hell, or something rather, well that is the life i live. A man who is aware of his separation from God. It is very painful.

Why shouldn't it be painful to know the truth about God and deny it? Why should you know who God is and what He desires from you and yet be able to carry on comfortably in His universe as though He doesn't exist?

You can believe - if you want to. Your issue isn't that you haven't any capacity to believe. If that were the problem, your life would be impossible to live! You must believe in your dentist's ability to fix your teeth, your doctor's ability to give you proper medical treatment, your barber's skill in cutting your hair, and so on. Your problem, then, isn't a lack of the ability to believe but rather that you don't want to believe in God.

So, why don't you want to believe in God?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
God is calling you. He wants you to embrace Him.

Nobody said following Jesus would be easy.

The devil will try all ways to stop you following Jesus.

Be strong. Ask God for guidance. He will help you.

God bless you

Upvote 0

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
do not listen to the negative voices in your head. Pray to our Lord Jesus Christ for strength and to take away the depression. Then trust it will happen. Get a good sleep, get up early,make lists of things you need to do and get moving. Put yourself and your home in tidy order. Be active, busy and focussed. Talk to and listen to others. Help others, stop focussing on yourself. Also, if you don't attend a church, find one and go.

All these are things I did after being bereaved. I did not give in to depression or self pity. I never felt suicidal. Life is a precious gift from God, value it. Pray day and night as you get busy doing good things. I guarantee you will be transformed, ask and you will receive all you need from Jesus, because He loves you. Xx

Thank you Lilly, i had to google the word bereaved. Did you lose someone you loved? Im sorry to hear that. Your words are encouraging. I sometimes listen to the thoughts in my head because they can make sense. I thought of something a friend of mine once told me, that you can make sense of anything and everything if you try to regardless of how ridiculous it is. So i need to remember his words and try to disregard these ideas and thoughts. I tell myself that in this battle, that i have not lost a loved one or something like that, so as bad as it feels, it could be worse.

Upvote 0

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
God is calling you. He wants you to embrace Him.

Nobody said following Jesus would be easy.

The devil will try all ways to stop you following Jesus.

Be strong. Ask God for guidance. He will help you.

God bless you

Yes it is hard. I am doubter, unbeliever i dont even know what i am. I will say that i doubt a lot of things, not just God. I find most things subjective in this world. I am a critical thinker and skeptic about most stuff. Very little things do i fully believe in. So in other words, i dont have some bias against God, i have learned that i am just all around critical thinking. With God i feel like there is just a lot to take in. Theres so many stories in the Bible i dont think i can believe or that dont make sense to me. All of this kind of clutters my mind and how to go about believing it. The best story though is the story of Jesus. To me He makes the most sense. I believe Jesus lived and died believing He was sent and was connected to God. I believe He died through crucifixion. Up to that point i believe as historical truth. After that ive read theories and how there was no other way but that he really did die and come back. But my mind is just so volatile that i cant just take it as true and be done with it. Come to think of it, this same volatile, weak, active mind, is the same mind that has got me into this mess that i am in. I want to believe i am in this mess so that i can be taken out by God, so that i can once again search for him, but this time find Him.

Upvote 0